Goldson

Was pretty decent defensively. Passing out from the back was poor, a long way short of what you'd want from an elite CB..

The thing with the passing and it was pissing me off, is we need players to take risks, that gets us breaking quickly if they come off.

I thought he played well, both him and Bassey played some misplaced passes because of lack of movement in front of them, our midfield was static at times.

Not a fan of Goldson,but he did fine tonight. Many players, Kent, Davis, Morelos, Hagi concerned me far more than Goldson. We know his heads out the door. What's the excuse for the rest?

People are using everything against him now. The passing throughout the team was poor tonight. Looked nervous to over hit them and they just trundled away.

Wow, win a massive game and the first thought is to shout out "get Goldson to fcvk!"
Absolute shite from some of our support, he might have gave away the ball a few times but he had a pretty great game defensively, won near enough every ball in the air, put his head in where it hurts, doesn't care apparently.

Few poor passes did well considering he got booked

Not talking about the clearance that stops nisbit scoring brilliant as we would have folded

Enjoy the win

3 points
Clean Sheet

I actually thought he was solid defensively. His distribution was atrocious though.

His passing 2nd half was rotten

Great clearance from Newell cross though but he needs to improve the passing

I mean, he only stopped a certain goal which would’ve most likely buried us. Some of his passing was suspect, but can anyone show me a Rangers player tonight who DIDNT misplace pass after pass?

I mean, he only stopped a certain goal which would’ve most likely buried us. Some of his passing was suspect, but can anyone show me a Rangers player tonight who DIDNT misplace pass after pass?
Ask followbear93, he seems to have all the stats

His passing was shocking at times but his defending was on point tonight.

People will talk about Bassey playing well but positionally Goldson was the one holding it together.
People forget that Goldson is playing alongside a makeshift CB partner. He didn't seem as comfortable as last season but done a defensive job. The 2 of them would not have got to to know each others strengths and weaknesses as a CB partnership let's hope they do going forward.
PS. Clean sheet.

I thought the big man was solid when defending but his passing out of defence did concern me. Overall I thought he had a decent game.

It wasn't Nisbet mate and it was on the half way line.

Hardly threatening and tbf he never gave Nisbet a kick.

I'm 90% sure it was Nisbet? He flicked it away from him twice in the first half; getting him in the book for a daft yellow with the first one. The BBC says the same.

I thought he had a decent game, just "comfortable" is a bit of hyperbole.

His passing left a lot to be desired, but Connor’s defending tonight was top notch. I love the big man. He has played in nearly every Rangers game these 3 and a half years and has been sterling for us in Europe and in winning #55.

He had a shocker in his post match interview at Hampden, but I will forgive him if he just does his job and defends our goal. He did that tonight and I’d like to think that’s a monkey off his back and a real confidence booster going forward. There’s no need to talk about hunger when you can beat a Rangers hating Hibs side to go 7 clear at the top of the table, and are through to the knockouts of the Europa yet again. Keep going big boy.
Well said sir !

He was absolutely fine tonight, a few misplaced passes but no issues other than that. Stood up well physically and crucial touch in our 6 yard box to deny them a goal.

I mean, i get he's not exactly flavour of the month with the contract situation and a few dodgy displays. But we've just walked away with a clean sheet from a difficult venue with our keeper largely untroubled- and folk want to pile into the big man? Bizarre.

It wasn't Nisbet mate and it was on the half way line.

Hardly threatening and tbf he never gave Nisbet a kick.
Yep it was the boy Campbell ( Who played well TBF )

Connor had one of his best defensive games this season, his passing was on a par with the rest of the team. It's really not fair to single him out on what was a poor performance all round.

There were a few to be fair, very surprised with Davis as made a few bad decisions and passes tonight

Back