Goldson

a16d7ae1af499b78ad6143763bd134a4aa212775.gifv

Jesus, imagine leaving us to go play beside Worrall and Mckenna. I'd love the big guy to stay another 3 or 4 years but if he's to go then he's better than that.

I am actually not that bothered about where he goes. He's been good, he's going. He'll never experience anything like Rangers again and it's too soon for him to be downgrading.

I am sure the wallet will be getting topped up so there is that but it's not like he's not getting enough at Rangers to look after his family going forward. He wouldn't starve staying here.

I am actually not that bothered about where he goes. He's been good, he's going. He'll never experience anything like Rangers again and it's too soon for him to be downgrading.

I am sure the wallet will be getting topped up so there is that but it's not like he's not getting enough at Rangers to look after his family going forward. He wouldn't starve staying here.

Every single one of us would be tempted by higher pay.

Talk about a step down. From the the famous to forrest. I wish him well but im sure in years to come he'll look back on his career and his time at Ibrox will be the highlight and most memorable.

Will be hard to replace if he goes. Hope it's not the case.
I feel this is something we need to move on from. We idolise these current crop of players like they are irreplaceable.

I’m guilty of it too.

They’ve managed to pick up one trophy (hopefully two by tomorrow) in 4 seasons. They are not irreplaceable. That lot have shown that you can bring in quality at a low price.

We’ve had the same group of players for years now it seems. I can’t wait for a refresh.

GVB confirmed it is very unlikely he will be here after tomorrow.

If he wants to go and play for Forrest or someone similar good luck to him.

We need to bring in a good quality replacement that doesn’t have a long history of injuries
What did Gio he say?

Tbh he’ll have a chance to play in the Premier League and for an English player that is no doubt a dream for him.

It just doesn't make sense why, after playing in this European run, he would rather go back to playing alongside Joe Worrall.

A team like Villa I could get, but Forest will be up for a season or two at most then straight back down.

Twice as big as Celtic if you take their measure of a big club.

Seriously though, looks like Worral will be getting sold for a fair price. If he is not playing in the championship next season then he will the one after

Goldsons been a fantastic servant, his most impressive feature has been his availability, must’ve missed single digit games in 4 years.

I’ve never been in the ‘pay him what he wants’ group. Great value over his 4 years and he’ll be well worth £40-50k a week to club like forest I’m sure but the sacrifices we would need to make elsewhere in the squad to accommodate such a wage are not worth it.

He goes with our best wishes and will be remembered fondly.

Don't follow much English football.

Do Forest have a big investor in their ranks?

It's going to take a hefty wage to make him go there.

I feel this is something we need to move on from. We idolise these current crop of players like they are irreplaceable.

I’m guilty of it too.

They’ve managed to pick up one trophy (hopefully two by tomorrow) in 4 seasons. They are not irreplaceable. That lot have shown that you can bring in quality at a low price.

We’ve had the same group of players for years now it seems. I can’t wait for a refresh.

I agree. There's only a few I really don't want to go. He will be harder than some to replace because of his leadership and games played imo. Similar to Tav. No one is ultimately irreplaceable.

I’m more surprised people thought he was getting much better.

Plus if it’s true his wife wants back to the Midlands, his options are limited.

Somehow I have never been his biggest fan.

He has always been available and for that I commend him, as said above he must have missed maybe a handful of games in his time here which is remarkable.

But he has always had a clanger in him. The Frankfurt goal is a carbon copy of what we've seen from him in the past.

He goes with my best wishes but I won't be upset if he goes. I would be very surprised if we wouldn't replace him easily.

You never know all the stuff in the background. Maybe he or his wife want back to a certain area, maybe kids starting school, elderly / unwell relatives etc. Perhaps just wants a new challenge, which is understandable after a few years playing up here against the same teams and players over and over.

Maybe even a longer contract getting offered, which plays a bigger part for players than we think. A 4 year deal on £30k is a better option than £40k on a 2 year deal.

Think he was born in Wolverhampton, so Nottingham is only just over an hour away from there.

Hopefully he stays, but best wishes if he goes, he has served us very well, and more than repaid what he cost.

Any regular who won 55 and took us to a European final will be fondly remembered.

He's been an absolutely outstanding player for us, gutted to lose him, especially for nothing! Thought he'd end up at Villa, good luck to him wherever he ends up

If it makes his family happy then I respect that and wish him all the success in the world for the remainder of his career. Maybe it's just me, but he gives off vibes that his heart is in Glasgow with Rangers but other factors dictate he must move elsewhere. Rather than being unhappy in the usual football manner of player wanting to be elsewhere, I've sensed it from him for the opposite reason. He's been a great servant and Ranger and one I'll forever regard as one of our own.

Last edited:
Back