Goldson

I feel this is something we need to move on from. We idolise these current crop of players like they are irreplaceable.

I’m guilty of it too.

They’ve managed to pick up one trophy (hopefully two by tomorrow) in 4 seasons. They are not irreplaceable. That lot have shown that you can bring in quality at a low price.

We’ve had the same group of players for years now it seems. I can’t wait for a refresh.
This is it. The team are good but also a fair bit overrated by some. Maximum 2 trophies in 4 seasons tells you that.

Good luck to him. Pound for pound he’s been a tremendous player for Rangers and Rangers have resurrected his career after he was going nowhere. We’ve both been good for each other.

I don’t begrudge him going for a final payday but he’ll never experience memories like he’s had with us anywhere else and he knows it.

Every single one of us would be tempted by higher pay.
You're probably right. However, I don't know what it feels like to play football professionally or get involved with a club. Does football just boil down to a job in the end? If so, then fair enough. I don't know what Goldson gets paid but was it about £25k per week? Guess I am thinking of it differently.

Goldson owes us zilch.

We have a figure we'll pay, he expects something else. It happens. That's football.

He's earned every penny we've gave him. We were losing 50 goals in the fúcking league before he showed up.

He's been a good servant to the club. If he's away to get £60k+ a week either aiming for playoffs or fighting EPL relegation alongside Worral and McKenna good luck to him. He will need it. I hope he doesn't wake up one day in the winter and think he didn't need the cash....

We will truly miss that big guy . He plays the captain roll in this team imo. Goes with my best wishes , although gutted

Been a really good player for us. Will be sad to see him go if it happens particularly because I’ll always associate him most strongly with the last 4 years which was the start of our rebuild.

I’m not sure that’s much of a money tbh I think if anything it confirms the rumour he/his family want to be closer to home
They aren't paying a transfer fee so likely giving him a few mill for signing on fee, something he wouldn't get here. If the club could have kept him by giving him a good signing bonus and choose not to we wil regret it as we will need to spend plenty to replace him, having a defender who can stay fit for a whole season over 60 games for us is worth the fee alone. God knows what this season would have been like if Goldson was as injury prone as the rest.

Somehow I have never been his biggest fan.

He has always been available and for that I commend him, as said above he must have missed maybe a handful of games in his time here which is remarkable.

But he has always had a clanger in him. The Frankfurt goal is a carbon copy of what we've seen from him in the past.

He goes with my best wishes but I won't be upset if he goes. I would be very surprised if we wouldn't replace him easily.
I'm afraid to say, I 100% agree with you. MacGregor bailed him out so often last season, when MacGregor got old, he was shown up.

Many thanks and good luck. But you are better than Notingham Forrest. Hope you get a better offer than that Connor.

Will depend on the contract length, getting to the EPL, etc, I guess.
I suppose, I wouldn’t mind giving him a 3-4 year deal as he has been an ever present and would only be about 33-34 at the end of it, even if they get into the EPL, they’ll get spanked straight back down. Oh well, out on a high tomorrow!

He goes with my greatest thanks. He has been ever present in one of my favourite ever gers teams, trophies or not. Revisionism aside, he will be extremely hard to replace.

Fully agree with this mate. I am hard on this team quite a bit but, when all said and done, they’ve also given me some of my favourite moments as a Bear, often when it was least expected and, as you rightly say, he’s been an almost ever present for those times.

Money isn’t to be sniffed at. But I will say that Mr Goldson will never, repeat never experience anything like he’s experienced at Ibrox. He’ll be another player, who in 20 years, is interviewed for the tv and expresses his regrets at leaving Ibrox. So many have, and so it seems, so many will

Gio saying it's unlikely CG will re-sign. I wish him well.

If Forest don't win next weekend, then the Championship will be a huge comedown. I assume, though, they've likely given him the security of a four-year deal, which apparently was one of the stumbling blocks about renewing at Ibrox.

When he was standing in the corner of the West and North stands after the semi final against the tims at Hampden and staring at the crowd in awe, I was roaring at him “you’ll never experience this feeling again big man”, he never will but he goes with my best wishes.

Sad to see him go, but we have survived the loss of better player
Sad to see him go, but we have survived the loss of better players.
Sad to see him go, but we have survived the loss of better players.

If that’s the best he had available he should be staying.
Not going to be popular but if it had been up to me any player who had made it plain from a long time ago that he was leaving without us getting a penny should never have been given the chance of a euro medal with our club,he has known for a long time he was leaving us and you can bet your boots tomorrow he will get the chance to go with a Scottish cup medal,not for me ,call me an old fashioned bear but he should be sat on his arse tomorrow like he should have been a long time ago,the message we are sending to other players thinking of jumping the ship and lining their pockets is the wrong one.

It shows football is all about zeros on the bank balance so he’s rather a relegation battle that possible CL or more Europa league football. Quite sad really and not really the man I thought he was
We shouldn’t take it so personally mate. He didn’t grow up a Bear. To him its a job and one he is very professional and good at but, I’m any line of work, if someone offers you double dough for the exact same role most are going to take it

GVB confirmed it is very unlikely he will be here after tomorrow.

If he wants to go and play for Forrest or someone similar good luck to him.

We need to bring in a good quality replacement that doesn’t have a long history of injuries
Goldson Tav and until recently Morelos were always fit and available, the injury record is a priority, no good signing a fantastic footballer that you can only eke 12 games a season out of.

It shows football is all about zeros on the bank balance so he’s rather a relegation battle that possible CL or more Europa league football. Quite sad really and not really the man I thought he was

Or he's doing what his family want to do and move back down south. If you have family then you do anything to keep them happy but he knows what he's leaving he's gave the club everything for 4 years and we clearly don't want to reward that loyalty.

Goldson has been immense . Like everyone else has said , he goes with my best wishes.
However, I have every confidence that Gio will no doubt have alternative ball playing defenders, with strength, pace , aerial ability, with good defensive skills.

I don’t concur with the hard to replace if we shop in the right market.

You're probably right. However, I don't know what it feels like to play football professionally or get involved with a club. Does football just boil down to a job in the end? If so, then fair enough. I don't know what Goldson gets paid but was it about £25k per week? Guess I am thinking of it differently.

It's more than just a job. There is no other job like it in terms of the emotions involved, but it ultimately is still their job/career. And we have no knowledge of the pressures going on behind the scenes. He may be looking at a bumper contract, and being closer to family, having young kids.

Been a very good player for us with some serious lapses of concentration in some games.

He has given a good few years and the family now want to be back south and he will get a serious upgrade on his wages, good luck to him

We move on

I suppose, I wouldn’t mind giving him a 3-4 year deal as he has been an ever present and would only be about 33-34 at the end of it, even if they get into the EPL, they’ll get spanked straight back down. Oh well, out on a high tomorrow!

I agree. Would happily seem him on good contract with us.

What does that mean?
He's an Englishman who wants to go home.

I don't hold any grudge over any man who wants to leave our shit hole of a league

Fully agree with this mate. I am hard on this team quite a bit but, when all said and done, they’ve also given me some of my favourite moments as a Bear, often when it was least expected and, as you rightly say, he’s been an almost ever present for those times.
Absolutely mate. People will always need a scapegoat sadly. Dont cry because its over, smile because it happened. Never been more true

Always available and a good leader. Hopefully we spend some money on a decent replacement.

I don't really care where he goes.

Or he's doing what his family want to do and move back down south. If you have family then you do anything to keep them happy but he knows what he's leaving he's gave the club everything for 4 years and we clearly don't want to reward that loyalty.
Explain that last sentence please.

Money isn’t to be sniffed at. But I will say that Mr Goldson will never, repeat never experience anything like he’s experienced at Ibrox. He’ll be another player, who in 20 years, is interviewed for the tv and expresses his regrets at leaving Ibrox. So many have, and so it seems, so many will
Correct & tbf, he does seem to get it & what it means to pull on our shirt, many a time this season at the end of a game he has been soaking it all in.
Last big signing on fee and wages for him, can’t really begrudge him that.

Back