Gordon Waddell being 'released' by the Sunday Mail

I have always thought that he was on is Shuggly Peg after the comment piece about Alfredo’s wife and the private detective.
I think some chickens are coming home to roost for those that played that particular card and the penalties are starting to be handed out as the news organizations know that the legal eagles are not far away now..
By sacking morons like Waddell they already have half the defense in place ‘that these people no longer work for the newspaper’.. .

There is no way that the mentally challengeds will deliberately loosen their grasp round the neck of the Scottish mhedia when they've put in so much work to grab control over it.
They'll have his mentally challenged successor already lined up, or just hand his column to one of the existing papists to churn out.

He’ll get a statue on the walk of shame at the glitterdome for his 25 year service to the manks.

There is no way that the mentally challengeds will deliberately loosen their grasp round the neck of the Scottish mhedia when they've put in so much work to grab control over it.
They'll have his mentally challenged successor already lined up, or just hand his column to one of the existing papists to churn out.
no doubt....just moving him on to replace him with another compliant lawell puppet

Print journalism is going the same way as the blacksmith. It simply won’t exist in 10 years. And while they will never, ever admit it...maybe the decision to deliberately alienate a large section of the potential audience wasn’t the most sensible.

Couldn't tell you one article he has written and I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a paper, but going by the reaction on here and Twitter he wasn't too complimentary towards us. Bye bye.

Another one bites the dust.

Sorry ''Flash'' Gordon , with the papers ''Under Pressure'' I hope you won't be the only one to see the ''Hammer To Fall'' , so goodbye , enjoy being the ''Invisible Man'' and the next time you'll hear from us we'll be singing ''We Are The Champions''

God Save The Queen ;)

He went the same way the river run, he followed the tides. Sectarianism the weekend bigot the 55,000 fans are stupid line !

Waddell what exactly did you expect ? Were you playing to an editor rather than your audience ?

I ask you WHERE is the genuine football journalist these days ? You know the one that watches a game and doesn’t have the sly digs and is genuinely critical of both sides ? Honesty is a game long gone in the newspaper game, its about not upsetting the editor so he doesn’t get the pressure from the lawyers........and we know who has the biggest legal team in Scotland, don’t we Waddell ?

Print journalism is going the same way as the blacksmith. It simply won’t exist in 10 years. And while they will never, ever admit it...maybe the decision to deliberately alienate a large section of the potential audience wasn’t the most sensible.

Giving them 10 years is generous IMO.

He’s been regurgitating the same old shite for years, his own wee algorithm of poor journalism. Week after week the pattern can be followed, Rangers bad, Celtic good, I’m a Falkirk fan, Rangers bad, Falkirk , Rangers bad, Celtic good, Falkirk, Rangers bad with the very occasional Celtic bad just for a bit of “balance”. Opinion pieces with zero substance. Another one with inside knowledge of Scotland’s biggest secret and yet sat tight lipped all the while preaching to us about how we should be ashamed of ourselves just for being ourselves. Hell mend him.

I reckon it will be inside five. This pandemic will speed it up.

What a shame.

And for it to happen when the DWP has a backlog of claimants in the hundreds of thousands.

Is it a surprise? The guy has brought nothing new to the table for 20 years. His column is simply: Rangers fans/team/boardroom are terrible. Celtic are glorious. Eh, that's it.

Imagine being in his position? Do an article on youth football? Tactics? Sports Science? Statistical analysis and how it impacts the game? Nah, let's talk about how Rangers fans sang songs about Lennon. People want quality journalism now. Are the papers not getting that we can get our 'shock jock' biased, controversial pieces online? If they only produce what I can read on Twitter, why buy a newspaper?

Sad news regarding one of our media friends. Posted from Twitter without further comment.

Sad to report that after more than 25 years, I’m finished at the Sunday Mail.
Nothing to do with the current crisis, just surplus to requirements apparently. Another nick towards death by 1000 cuts.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for reading. See you behind the goals…
O8h8r9n.gif

He is, sorry was, an excuse for a journalist. He was working for the bottom of the pile already so I can't see anyone picking him up other than the Celtic View or some rag like that.

Another one hanging onto fat Pete’s dick.

Don’t be surprised if he ends up at the scum in some media capacity.

Coont won’t even need an interview, he’s been doing their pr for as long as he came on the scene

If he had any faith in his journalistic ability he wouldn’t be worried and get another job no problem-truth is he’s finished

Back