Graeme Shinnie to Derby

Decent player who should do a good job for Derby. Not too dissimilar to Kenny McLean who has done well so far for Norwich.

I quite liked him, but couldn’t really see a place for him in our team. He’ll do well for them in the Championship, not sure what happens to him if they get promoted.

That's another one that is going to hurt Aberdeen.... even when you know it is happening that confirmation of departure never goes down well - this season has been a good few kicks in the gut for them - joyous.

A bit bizarre to think he can be joining them on their 1st season back in the Premiership for a good while.

I think he's a decent player but don't think he's Premiership class although there's a case to argue when players leave Scotland (not even from us or them) & do well down there. Money aside, is there much of a difference between our league and their Championship? Kenny MacLean, Shinnie, McGinn, Liam Boyce, Louis Moult. Not to mention Pukki causing it down there and a Martyn Waghorn being a good player for Derby.

giphy.gif

A bit bizarre to think he can be joining them on their 1st season back in the Premiership for a good while.

I think he's a decent player but don't think he's Premiership class although there's a case to argue when players leave Scotland (not even from us or them) & do well down there. Money aside, is there much of a difference between our league and their Championship? Kenny MacLean, Shinnie, McGinn, Liam Boyce, Louis Moult. Not to mention Pukki causing it down there and a Martyn Waghorn being a good player for Derby.
If Derby get promoted and Shinnie is a regular starter they won’t be staying very long.

It was confirmed by that mad Killie fan Sawyers after their game the other week. 2nd Worst kept secret in Scottish football.

Kenny McLean has done well in the championship. So he might do ok.

I wonder if he will be getting booed / dropped from the team etc

Would've been a useful squad player for us but I'm surprised he's got a move that high up the Championship. In fact he could even be a Premier League player by the time next season kicks off.

It's a brilliant move for him. Could be playing in the Premier League next season. It once again seriously weakens Aberdeen who will lose several other players too including Mackay-Steven.

If they where to get promoted surely they don't think he is anywhere near good enough to play in the premiership.

The idea of Shinnie kicking a ball in the EPL is ridiculous, he's had plenty yellow cards playing in our tinpot league what chance of him staying on the park v the class players he will face EVERY week .

Decent player in Scotland.

Couldn’t play for Rangers as would be off the park all the time. Wouldn’t be in our starting line-up anyway.

Will be an OK Championship player. Will be awful if they get promoted and he plays.

Shame we couldn't sign him. This seasons Kenny McLean. The experts on here have decided he's shite... Goes on to do very well at a high pressure club with high expectations. Same experts claim 'I told you so'.

Shinnie has been a good player, and often a match winner, for Aberdeen. But that doesn't automatically make him a match winner for us. I think we have decent cover now for the type of role he plays and we have greater priorities in other positions. With Davis now delivering what we hoped he would, our midfield is looking much stronger as a unit. We still need more width, especially if Kent goes. Jones and Hastie are promising but both are young and inexperienced. It may take them time to adapt. We also need a couple of higher class defenders to improve the squad and another quality striker - but Greegs could be a makeshift stand-in if needed. :))

Good news for us. Don't think Aberdeen have won a single league game where he hasn't played. He'll be hard to replace.

Relieved I must say.

A journeyman we don't need and is worse than all our midfielders.

I don't consider myself his biggest critic or a big fan
He's sort of O.K. as far as I'm concerned - no great loss & didn't expect to see him in a Gers shirt anyway
I also don't expect him to set the heather alight at Derby either - just my opinion of course & let's see if he proves me wrong ?

Average player and no better than we have. Imagine they get promoted and he's up against the likes of Silva and KDB LOL!

How the f*ck would he know? :D
He had an arguement with Shinnie after the match and said Shinnie told him he was signing with Derby. Told Shinnie to tell everyone the truth and not deny what he said. The video is available on all the usual places.

Some could look a bit daft on here if Derby get promoted and he does ok there...

Can’t blame him. Could be an EPL player in 3 weeks time!

FWIW, even if they fail to go up, his energy and enthusiasm will serve him well in a workmanlike league.

People overrated the championship.

Back