Graeme Shinnie to Derby

Good news all round

The sheep are weakened and need to spend to replace him, they don’t have that quality sitting in reserve, plus it’ll annoy mcinnes.

For the player himself, better wages, better quality and can only be good for the national team

And better for us as we don’t need to see his greeting wee bearded face wriggling on the deck when he’s fouled and bouncing back up plus we don’t have to watch him wearing the famous light blue

I think he will do well down south. Hes a similar player to McGinn and think he could become a fans favourite as he gives a 100%. Most definitely weakens the sheep that's for sure.

I have no difficulty imagining Shinnie doing okay at Derby ... providing that they don’t get promoted. But can anyone honestly say that when they’ve watched him this season, they’ve thought “there’s a player of EPL quality”? If he proves me wrong, then so be it - after all, I’m an amateur poster on a forum, not a professional scout.

As others have said, his leaving makes Aberdeen weaker, but that’s not to say that his arrival here would have made us stronger to any significant degree. We can do better imo.

I heard an interview with McInnes on him a few weeks ago, being asked about his future. McInnes said he’s had offers from clubs he just wouldn’t entertain. I thought there was no need to say such a thing, I take it he was referring to us?

I think he's a decent player and would've taken him, but I also think other areas are much more of a priority so I'm not bothered. Good move for him though.

Meh.

He wouldn't have improved us. Will be surprised if he's a regular for Derby, but who knows. Football sometimes has it's sliding doors moments where careers can take off or die off.

I heard an interview with McInnes on him a few weeks ago, being asked about his future. McInnes said he’s had offers from clubs he just wouldn’t entertain. I thought there was no need to say such a thing, I take it he was referring to us?

Mcinnes might’ve been referring to us, god knows what goes on that his head, but that certainly wasn’t the case.

His poor technical ability will see him struggle.

That's the defining attribute which normally sees Scottish players fail in England and sees them back up the road after 12 months or so.

Methinks Shinnie may go this way.

Is it just me or is it crazy to think he could be playing in the premier league next season.
At the very best he will be a bit part player of a squad that will finish in the bottom 3.

He will be well paid for it right enough.

My prediction is that he will be playing against his brother next season in the second tier.

Shinnie is a decent player, I think he’ll do ok in that league.

The reason I say this is because John McGinn has gone down there and proved to be a massive hit.

Shinnie has a good attitude and weakens Aberdeen significantly
John McGinn is a far superior footballer than Graeme Shinnie.

I’d have taken Shinnie as a left back, he’s not better than our current midfield.

will have to change his game if he actually wants to play any regular games, won't get away with the same stuff he gets away with up here in the Championship

Will get the odd 10/15 minutes here and there when Derby are leading and looking to close out a game.

Works hard, closes down, bites - technically poor.

caxndDG.gif

Back