Graham Alexander - “If we had VAR in the last year we’d already have beaten them twice. That’s the reality.”

Bonnyloyal

The Dutchman was incensed over the equaliser - claiming Liam Shaw was offside in the build-up after Alfredo Morelos had seen two goals chalked off by Don Robertson for offside earlier in the game.

He slammed: “Again it is the refs that decide it. I think with the build up to the second goal, the player (Shaw) was offside and we scored two goals which were even closer with Morelos. With VAR, we would have won this game.”

But asked if van Bronckhorst’s comments were fair Alexander hit back: “No. I thought the decisions I saw on TV were right.

“Liam was offside about 35 seconds before we actually scored the equaliser.

“They had possession of the ball three times before that. It went out of the box, back in and it was the third phase after that we scored.

“Liam looked offside from the pass but 35 seconds before the goal I don’t think we are getting into that territory - VAR is about the immediate lead up to goals.

“Liam being offside didn’t have any significant part to play in the goal.

“If we had VAR in the last year we’d already have beaten them twice. That’s the reality.”

Alexander was referring to a 1-1 draw at Fir Park last season - his second game in charge - where Cedric Itten rescued a point for Rangers from what looked an offside position.

Again earlier this season the sides drew 1-1 at Ibrox but TV replays showed Fashion Sakala was offside when he bundled home Rangers’ opener.

The Well boss added: “If we are talking over the last 12 months then I’d not have minded VAR as well because the decision would have been proven right on Sunday and we’d have had two wins.”

And Alexander had words of praise for Robertson and his officials. He added: “It takes a strong personality to ref what they see and I thought he did that.

“We all need that because the officials are under intense pressure in these places.”

If Rangers complain, the opposition are always screaming right back at us and given every platform to enable them to be heard as widely as possible.
Does this happen with The Filth?

Asking for a friend.
My immediate reaction.

The standard template with "controversial" Rangers incidents is always to dimiss our commmennts as quickly as possible.

Without knowing who scribbled the article, I'd bet my home it was a journalist with an agenda.

VAR would see Motherwell down to 9-10 every week for crimes against football and various assaults. Get a grip Alexander. Your chairman is also a fat wank.

I thought that they only check 30 seconds back for any fouls in the build up to the goal. Maybe that's what he's meaning?

Edit* He's still a twat

Conveniently forgetting the umpteen penalties his hammer throwers would have given away in those games if VAR was a thing.

Since he arrived in Scotland I've always called him " Thrush " because he's an irritating c.unt.

Massive chip on his shoulder.
How many times has that twat, been sent to the stands now. He bumps his gums regularly about everything, and anything. He seems to think he is always right. A poor man's Michael Stewart, full of wind and pish.

So the manager of a team that benefited from cheating refs says more about the games tha Rangers? Sums up the joke of the way were run of the park.

If Rangers complain, the opposition are always screaming right back at us and given every platform to enable them to be heard as widely as possible.
Does this happen with The Filth?

Asking for a friend.
The filth weren't stupid enough to charge media for access.

On the face of it, he’s not wrong.

It just shows why we need VAR and whilst there are instances where it would cost us, there are many, many more examples of where it would benefit us.

Funnily fails to mention they'd be down to 8 men each game though.

He's right on one count, we do need VAR. That way there's less room for wrong decisions being made by accident and the evidence would be easily available for any clubs with the balls to call the decisions out

There was never a conclusive angle for the Itten one, but he looked level. Much the same as the Morelos one at the weekend. Sakala was offside when he scored against them earlier in the season.

Heard that clown Duncan on clyde the other give a bear it tight because apparently fashion jnr was offside earlier in the season .

The filth weren't stupid enough to charge media for access.
Yes, it was all so much better before we did this.
I remember well the affection and fondness the Scottish MSM held Rangers in.

One only has to cast a mind back to when we had financial problems, how they rallied behind us, how they kept a fair-minded perspective regarding these matters whilst our enemies foaming at the mouth circled around like wolves seeing an injured prey.
How they wrote well-researched truths and resisted the temptation to scribble harmful exaggerated hyperboles.

Thank goodness for the media and press in Scotland, without whom things for Rangers could be so much worse against such a hostile political and social background.

Right, now I am away for a stiff drink.

So you're in favour of VAR then are you Graham?

Because you're right. You would have...

Back