Great to be well reffed

Good to see that there is Refs who can do their job properly without the need to cheat, so refreshing, hope it catches on in the corrupt SPFL.

Would say that one was an awful decision by his assistant. He was feet away from it.
Also thought the ref should have red carded the Braga player when Ojo danced past him and he wiped him out.
I agree that was one awful f*cking tackle, of course the crooked refs in the Scottish league would just have given him a warning those pricks should be put on notice we know they are at it and they will get punished for it one day.

Last edited:
I thought he was a little fussy but he was exactly the same for both teams.

Nice to see a good ref. I thought they were extinct.

Every Euro game we play is infinitely better than the constant domestic clusterfux we have to suffer, they may make mistakes but there is no institutional bias. With foreign refs, we would win the league, both cups and the boat race next year ........

Can only use the ref excuse for certain games , St Johnstone on Sunday was our own fault.
Four certain games would equal 12 points.
The game against St Johnstone was indeed a fair game. Tommy Wright was screaming at his own fans to give the ball back around 90 minutes.
You can't look at one game in isolation and disregard the blatant double standard. It has to have a psychological effect on our players and I think our performances in Europe show that. We played one of the most in form, exciting teams in Europe today and spanked them.
In Europe we are actually ahead of our yellow card count versus the SPFL. Something like 2.2 per game to 1.6 per game respectively. However overall picture is that the fussy referees are fussy with both teams and in those scenarios we win while playing with confidence.

Last edited:
The fact watching the game you hardly saw the referee means he did his job very well.

Nothing of note to talk about.

That's what refereeing should be like.
ENcdvIJ.gif

Said the same. So refreshing compared to the unconsciously biased refs in Scotland and stinkers that we've also had in Europe this season.

Hardly a controversial decision all game. No way would we have been given that pen in Scotland.

The ref is a credit to the profession.
though all the officials tonight allowed a game of football to be played.

Certainly highlights the difference between the Scottish and European officials, would be nice if SFA took note.

Until I saw this thread I hardly thought about the referee once - even with the penalty call!

So he must have been good.

A couple of throw ins or corners incorrectly given for both teams is the only thing I can think of

A superb refereeing performance, not like bheasts in black in this country

Stark contrast to the Spanish linesman in the first leg. At least 5 wrong decisions that I could count given against us. One of which led to their second goal. I hope performances like his are scrutinised in Europe, fat chance of it happening domestically.

The only bad decision was the blatant dive by Trincao in the second half,it was a shocking decision as his linesman was right beside it.

If only Stevie G had echoed these thoughts in his press conference after the game.

"It was great to have a fair, honest professional referee for a change."

Could the SFA cite him for making comments while abroad? Probably.

That is why it would be great to draw the paedos in the next round. We'd get the correct decisions while they'd be down to 9 men. How brilliant would that be?

The referee team carried out their responsibilities well. It has been refreshing throughout our European run to experience professional, competent officials. They wanted foreign referees in the past, in recent experience, I would say bring it on.

The ref v Feyenoord away was a shocker the penalty not given for the guy climbing all over Alfie’s back and landing on him when they fell was unbelievable

It helped he had a pretty flawless game, but mistakes happen and I can allow for that, what was the most refreshing was being reffed by someone happy to let the game go past him and not want to be the centre of attention on TV. So tired of refs going out there way to interfere, to show they're the authority and to dramatise every card and disagreement. Well played ref.

He got the only big decision correct , didn’t notice him besides that. Which is the way it should be. The referee shouldn’t be the talking point after a game of football.

Thought the ref was brilliant, and made the game a joy to watch.
Also fair play to the Braga players, no play acting or anything like that, both teams just getting on with it. A great 90 minutes of football.

Back