Green Brigade outside the Piggery this morning

1606304072798.png

Remember the time Lennon lobbed a bottle at Celtic fans after they were verbally abusing him after a defeat?
They booed him every time he kicked the ball. His old man said after this match he'd never return to Celtic Park again. The unwashed regularly gave Lennon more abuse than Rangers fans ever did. Now the knives are out again
A side of Rod Stewart that no-one likes to see. Sad.

This has truly made my year seeing this. That and Lennon will never walk/wank alone banner.

I still say we should stage a counter demo themed "Lenny Must Stay for 55"

Despite having the best squad in the country

I DON'T F*CKING THINK SO!
Exactly, they think they have this brilliant team because of the Rodgers era and expect to win everything, but how good was that team really?

Yes they won everything domestically but spent far more than any other team could compete with, plus the fact they were up against Rangers teams with Warburton, Murty and Pedro at the helm and players like Kiernan, Senderos etc etc. They were regularly spanked in both european competitions, were they as good as they think? Nowhere near it.

“Fold like a house of cards”

All joking aside, I think they’ve been had here a belter.

No coincidence this was done when they knew no one would be there.

Almost all the Celtic fans on my social feeds have went from throughly disillusioned and looking for change, to describing this banner as everything from an embarrassment to a ‘fucking disgrace’.

All of a sudden, the true hardcore of support (ie, over 20 years of age, with jobs) seems to have shifted behind Lennon again?

Sneaky Pete at work?

Does this mean that their bloggers will actually start writing about them?

If that’s the case we’re well and truly through the looking glass.

All joking aside, I think they’ve been had here a belter.

No coincidence this was done when they knew no one would be there.

Almost all the Celtic fans on my social feeds have went from throughly disillusioned and looking for change, to describing this banner as everything from an embarrassment to a ‘fucking disgrace’.

All of a sudden, the true hardcore of support (ie, over 20 years of age, with jobs) seems to have shifted behind Lennon again?

Sneaky Pete at work?
Hahaha Lawwell gets far too much credit on here, everything is a masterplan by him

I'm sure it has been stated in this thread (and many others) that this generation of Celtic support just can't handle things not going their way as they have forgotten what football actually is, it is a rollercoaster, it always has been, you have ups and downs.

For the last 9 years now they have had a complete free run at the title, due to the situation we were in. They had no pressure whatsoever for 8 of those titles. They have been used to swotting away lesser teams, and in the very rare time they did drop points it was never an issue as no challenge existed.

When we came back in to the league and they went and got Rodgers as they feared we would be challenging again, we were a shambles but it was always going to be a big jump for us coming up against a team who had a free run at champions league money for years and years, a free run at signing the best of scottish talent (which normally would have been split between the two).

They of course continued to win and beat us (heavily at times), this just continued their mindset that they were untouchable, nothing could stop them because we are shite, they are world beaters. We had their players swanning about the pitch like they are gods when up against really mediocre players.

Now after a few years at the helm and backing from the board Gerrard looks to have built a really good squad, it was always going to take a few years (look at liverpool, Klopp was in charge for years before they turned in to the team they are now), and all of a sudden their players weren't quite as cocky on the pitch. But their fans still didnt change, they then won the league last year again with everything going their way (we crumble, covid etc).

Once again this pushed on their mentality that they are untouchable, they are the best, we're shite. We heard from Celtic minded pundits that we are miles away, it will take £100m to get anywhere near them, we have heard from celtic minded pundits that non of our players would get near their squad. Their fans bought in to all of this and continued to laud it over scottish football with this entitled attitude.

This year we look good, their fans have took months to realise this (years to see we were improving, and not the team we were under Murty and the start of Gerrard), and all of a sudden they are panicking with the realisation that we may win the league, in their heads (due to everything above) they were still miles ahead of us so it must be something they are doing wrong, but all we have done is actually have a good team that will challenge and put them under pressure.

It shouldn't have been a surprise, we all knew we were improving year on year, they didn't and now being behind is a disaster, it may only be 5 points behind if they win the games in hand but to them it is a completely new experience and they don't know what to do.

I'm not getting carried away as we will drop points, but I don't see a "collapse" like last year, alot of football is still to be played and there will be twists and turns along the way, that is football, but I feel we are in a better place to deal with that.

Greater Glasgow Police Scotland have issued a statement asking supporters to stay away from the piggery tonight.
Planned protest outside Celtic Park - Wednesday, 25 November

Superintendent Stevie Dolan, Greater Glasgow Division said:

"We are aware of a proposed demonstration outside Celtic Park tonight (Wed 25 November) and would urge people to find alternative ways to protest, such as online, to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.

"The Scottish Government regulations are quite clear that these types of protest are prohibited in areas under level four restrictions.

"Officers will continue to police these types of event using the 4Es approach of engaging with those taking part and explaining the restrictions in place to save lives.

“Our response will be measured and appropriate but we will use enforcement where required."

Celtc the gift that keeps giving. En route for a quadruple (albeit tainted) treble and they want the manager out. They are scummy rats, ps “Lenny” must stay!

It’s not about the potentially being only 5 points behind though. Because if we were in that position - with three OF games to come we would still harbour realistic hope of winning the league.

It’s much more about how we are playing and performing in comparison to the Bheggers that has them all riled.

They hate it and need to blame someone.

They’ve always been revolting!

Hope we see Tim on Tim violence at 6.00 pm tonight in the car park

Canny beat these mhutants knocking phuck out of each other

Their fans are so spoiled it’s like a child stamping their feet when they don’t get their own way and they have a temper tantrum

Spoiled entitled bastards will implode if we can keep our form up and keep winning

A defeat tomorrow sees Cennon booted out of Parkpaed

That full stop before Neic/Neil is really triggering my OCD. Can they not just spell & grammar check these things before they go to the printers?

Best team in the country.

Oh that's even sweeter.

Thank you again Bhoys.

The number of them (including those in the press) that believe they have a better team astounds me. I reckon that since Gerrard took over there's only 2 games where they've been the better side, the defeats at the piggery in the first one and last season's game at Ibrox. In the other games, 6 I think it is, we have been by far the better side (including 2 that we lost, one with only 10 men for the majority of the match and the other the League Cup Final where it took an incredible goalkeeping performance to stop a rout by us).

The longer they continue to ignore what's staring them in the face the better it is for us. They've had it easy for far too long and seem to be struggling with the reality that Rangers are back to where we should always be. It wasn't meant to be like this after the events of 2012 and they can't seem to cope.

Back