Greg Docherty - Edinburgh news snippet

BlueLagoonCo

I'll wait and see how it pans out. How many players have left us loan or otherwise, played out their skin for a few games then die a death, eventually ending up at lower league clubs

Route 55

The link from the middle driving on feeding into Hagi forward players etc. More dynamism in midfield and as we know scores a few goals. Fit as %^*& as well.
Dont understand why hes not in the squad and pumped out on loan when we have Ojo, Barker and even Kamara to an extent are in there.

weefree

The link from the middle driving on feeding into Hagi forward players etc. More dynamism in midfield and as we know scores a few goals. Fit as %^*& as well.
Dont understand why hes not in the squad and pumped out on loan when we have Ojo, Barker and even Kamara to an extent are in there.
This Is exactly how I’d have liked to have seen him used.
All I can think is the decision has already been made and they want to put him in the shop window to attract a buyer.

Marstonbear

I think he’ll be back in our squad next season.

Ojo will be gone, Davis and Arfield a year older. Not convinced we should or will sign Hagi

Nelka

Successful Rangers teams have always had players who are good at playing in our league, with the type of football we are forced into playing.

I think Greg Docherty is one of those types of player. I'm not saying he will be a world beater or excel in Europe, but against bottom six jobber teams he will get stuck in, play them at their own game & make a difference (as he did for Hamilton & now seems to be doing for Hibs).

For example, I'd probably rather have an in-form Kamara playing in Europe in a possession game, with more time on the ball, etc. But on a ploughed field in Perth, I reckon Docherty would give us more.

Commentator

Successful Rangers teams have always had players who are good at playing in our league, with the type of football we are forced into playing.

I think Greg Docherty is one of those types of player. I'm not saying he will be a world beater or excel in Europe, but against bottom six jobber teams he will get stuck in, play them at their own game & make a difference (as he did for Hamilton & now seems to be doing for Hibs).

For example, I'd probably rather have an in-form Kamara playing in Europe in a possession game, with more time on the ball, etc. But on a ploughed field in Perth, I reckon Docherty would give us more.
Good post, Nelka.
Gerrard and Beale now must accept that with these players a one-approach-fits-all isn't good enough.
I'd like to see him continue to build his concept but he needs to win the awkward games at the same time.