Greg Docherty - Sweet Caroline

MoodyBlue1872

UPDATED: to include optional 2nd and 3rd verses.

Maybe a wee song for Greg ?

Great tune and would sound great on the terraces form the bears IMO.

I admit that it might need a bit of work on some of the lyrics but for a first draft how about:

Greg Docherty oh, oh, oh
Midfield's never looked so good
(so good, so good, so good)
Living his dream (Oh oh oh)
Like he always said he would
(he would, he would, he would)

Optional
Greg Docherty oh oh oh
The boy is Rangers through and through
(And through, and through, and through)
He’s here for years to come oh oh oh
And soon 55 will be won
(and won and won and won)

Optional
Greg Docherty oh oh oh
He bleeds red, white and blue
(And blue and blue and blue)
Magic on the ball oh oh oh
Doing his best for us all
(Us all us all us all)

Greg Docherty oh oh oh…………….

I await the pelters !! :D

Last edited:
Far better than the pish that was being sung at Dingwall yesterday.

I quite like it actually!
Something like that blasting round Ibrox and away grounds would be superb IMO. The tune is set up for a great terrace chant IMO and one that everyone can happily join in with - and they would IMO.

Lad makes his dream move last week and possibly wonders what song the fans have for him - and then yesterday happens. The lad must have been cringing. We can do better than that surely.

Good work moody blue, but will it stop the arseholes changing the oh oh oh to the usual default pish?
Yes mate, I hear what you are saying. Maybe naively, I'd like to think that we could keep to lyrics which would do the boy proud. I'm sure the lad wouldn't want the one from yesterday or 'add on's' for his song.

Like it too.

Oh, Oh, Oh always gets replaced by we all know what though. Which is a shame because it's a cracking song that the Northern Ireland fans manage to keep clean so no reason why we can't too.

Like it too.

Oh, Oh, Oh always gets replaced by we all know what though. Which is a shame because it's a cracking song that the Northern Ireland fans manage to keep clean so no reason why we can't too.
Exactly mate - it CAN be done.

Deep down, the lad and his family would have hated that song yesterday. Makes his dream move and that's the first song we come up with. We are better than that - and he deserves better than that.

Great idea Moody, I love it.
Cheers mate. Just had the idea last night. Great tune, anthemic and one that all and sundry can join in with IMO.

AND it pays more respect to Greg than the one from yesterday. His heart must have sunk at that thinking this could be his song for years to come :( Can't stand back and let that happen.

Think we should change the words to Miami Sound Machine's 'Doctor Beat' to 'Docher-ty'

Won't you help us Docher-ty
Doc, doc, doc, doc, Docher-teeee

Docherty I've got this feelin'
Deep inside of me, deep inside of me
I just can't control my feet
When I hear that beat, when I hear the beat

I await my Ivor Novello.

Don't see what's wrong with

"Like me and you,
He's a bluenose too"

To the tune from yesterday.

Look at our midfield fellow Rangers
Is it everything you hoped it’d be
The right guy, the right situation
The right time for DOCHERTY

Cheers mate. Just had the idea last night. Great tune, anthemic and one that all and sundry can join in with IMO.

AND it pays more respect to Greg than the one from yesterday. His heart must have sunk at that thinking this could be his song for years to come :( Can't stand back and let that happen.
Mate I totally agree, it was a fucking red neck yesterday to hear that utter garbage after seeing the heartfelt images of how much joining our club meant to his family.

I was thinking last night something to the tune of Mr Vain.

Call him Bluenose Greg
Call him the Doc
Call him Docherty

I know what I want
And I want it now
I want goals
From Greg Docherty

I know what I want
And I want it now
I want you
Greg Docherty

These ideas might not be the best, but they're easy to get going and much better than that shite yesterday.

The song “wild thing” came on the radio there and if you change wild thing to “CumDog” you’ll have it stuck in your head all day, apparently.

:D:D:D

Don't see what's wrong with

"Like me and you,
He's a bluenose too"

To the tune from yesterday.

Because unfortuantely as soon as our support have a sonf for someone that includes the pope and the IRA that is what we will sing.

We have shown that with having a song Halliday then some found the one that was sang for Docherty yesterday and thats all we hear.

Then Cardoso we had a great tune, now ruined.

Now Docherty, if we manage to get Moody Blues tune going rather than what was sung yesterday it will only be so some can add FTP into the oh oh oh.

Why did the thread get binned yesterday you would think it’s the only way to stop that horrific song for the lad is for everyone to talk about it.

It was one of the most engaging threads I've seen in some time on here, tons of participation in both the discussion and the poll.

I can only assume it was binned because it highlighted the songs in the "who needs enemies if we're sticking the boot in ourselves" point of view.

Which I understand but totally disagree with.

I like it but the add ons are inevitable.
It's up to as many of us as possible to avoid the add-on's.

I'm generally one of song what we want brigade, but these add on's add nothing to the songs and the players themselves will hate them.

Particularly at Ibrox - where the atmosphere is terrible - we need songs that everyone will want to join in with and be proud to sing. The Greg Docherty one from yesterday was just rubbish, hence my post today to try and get an alternative going and one that the lad himself would like - because he would have been cringing at that yesterday. Is that what we want ?

Maybe a wee song for Greg ?

Great tune and would sound great on the terraces form the bears IMO.

I admit that it might need a bit of work on some of the lyrics but for a first draft how about:

Greg Docherty oh, oh, oh
Midfield's never looked so good
(so good, so good, so good)
Living his dream (Oh oh oh)
Like he always said he would
(he would, he would, he would)

Greg Docherty oh oh oh…………….

I await the pelters !! :D

Need to hope the union bears like it

Something like that blasting round Ibrox and away grounds would be superb IMO. The tune is set up for a great terrace chant IMO and one that everyone can happily join in with - and they would IMO.

Lad makes his dream move last week and possibly wonders what song the fans have for him - and then yesterday happens. The lad must have been cringing. We can do better than that surely.
Get a second verse written and stop messing about with claptrap. :D

Back