Griffiths denies endangering crowd with flare

JayDee

Leigh Griffiths has denied endangering fans by booting a flare into the crowd and will go on trial later this year. He appeared in the dock at Dundee Sheriff Court and pled not guilty to culpable and reckless conduct. The court was told that the police evidence was agreed in the case, but the Crown are seeking further information about the potential danger posed by the flare.

Leigh Griffiths has denied endangering fans by booting a flare into the crowd and will go on trial later this year. He appeared in the dock at Dundee Sheriff Court and pled not guilty to culpable and reckless conduct. The court was told that the police evidence was agreed in the case, but the Crown are seeking further information about the potential danger posed by the flare.
So they accept he did it but they seem to be contesting the fact that it was a 'danger' seems to be the gist of that.

Just do a runner like stokes to ROI.. Get arrested over there and no problem, you want be extradited, same as Stokes

Pyro being a burning issue with helmetheed at the moment i think its unlikely that the crown will be seeking to reduce the charge against this scumbag.

He also denied grooming an underage girl. His word is worth nothing.

I don’t know how there isn’t more outrage at that. Nobody in their right mind could look at that conversation and not come to the conclusion that he was soliciting her for nude pictures.

He also denied grooming an underage girl. His word is worth nothing.

I don’t know how there isn’t more outrage at that. Nobody in their right mind could look at that conversation and not come to the conclusion that he was soliciting her for nude pictures.
Why did he get away with that anyway?

He can't stand the loud paedo chants he gets wherever he goes now but the law should have jailed him and put him on the register.

Wee Nicola and her Justice Secretary will ensure that the CCTV evidence being put forward by the prosecution will suddenly disappear or at best be tampered with by PC Plod and the vile wee paedo c*nt will walk free. Waste of time having this show trial in September as we all know the outcome under wee Nicola’s unique justice system.

It is not even up for debate.

“The report concludes that there are significant health and safety risks arising from their use in close proximity to other people and in contravention of the safety distances which are specified on the pyrotechnic articles themselves. All pyrotechnic devices have a “safety” distance for good reason and which will exceed the available space within a crowded stand or stadium. It is not safe, therefore, for any pyrotechnic device to be used in spectator areas within football stadia.”

I could be wrong but I suspect not a single Scottish media pundit has called Griffiths an idiot for doing what he done. The 19th Century Terrorist media led by clowns like Neil McCann thinks it’s acceptable to throw the comment around like graffiti when it comes to our players though.

If anybody in the crowd had to move out the way from the flare fearing harm , showing it was a dangerous act , and providing it was still burning at the time he booted in to the crowd , it couldn't possibly be anything but dangerous , which in anybody's language is endangerment . ? why would they have to deliberate if it would be , or wouldn't be , a dangerous act is baffling. Knowing the judiciary and courts in this country , this wee perisher will probably walk free.

Last edited:
Let's get it right, if they aren't dangerous then why are they banned from stadiums?

Need time to see if a canister of burning material may pose a danger to men women and children seated in a stand.
Shouldn’t take long…..

Didn't actually realise he was going on trial for this. Should be open and shut, surely even one of them hitting you on the head could cause an injury?

Tell you what though, it says everything about Scottish football that in the same week we have Leigh Griffiths challenging the notion that kicking a flare at pace into a crowd is dangerous, the biggest talking point the geniuses within Scottish football media have come up with is "but did Alfredo Morelos hurt the feelings of Hearts fans too much by sliding on his knees 30 yards away from them?"

Didn't actually realise he was going on trial for this. Should be open and shut, surely even one of them hitting you on the head could cause an injury?

Tell you what though, it says everything about Scottish football that in the same week we have Leigh Griffiths challenging the notion that kicking a flare at pace into a crowd is dangerous, the biggest talking point the geniuses within Scottish football media have come up with is "but did Alfredo Morelos hurt the feelings of Hearts fans too much by sliding on his knees 30 yards away from them?"

Compensation claims piling up.

Good that the SFA were as quick on this as they were on Lafferty calling a spade a spade.
In this pr!cks defence, the media all but ignored this behaviour in contrast to the really dangerous stuff like knee sliding in the penalty box.

The trial was set for September after the court was told that Griffiths was likely to be "away" during July when it would normally have been set for.

Fiscal depute Dev Kapaldia said: "Having had a look at the case, the court might benefit from further inquiry into the flare.

"I know what they do, but I don't know how they operate. The significance is what the effect of it might be. It came from the crowd onto the pitch.

"I want to inquire further into what effect it might have within a crowded area if it comes back in. The Crown is intending to make this inquiry."

Sheriff George Way said: "Looking at it, it is kicking a smoke bomb or similar item. One would readily infer from that that the flare came from somewhere.

"How does it matter how it works? It is a description of a thing giving off flames, smoke or whatever, and the defence will be along the lines of 'this nasty thing came at me and I kicked it. The scary thing came flying at me and I kicked it.'

"Does it matter if it is a flare, or a smoke bomb, or a pot plant? I just wonder if you are wasting your own time and money?" he asked the prosecutor.

The trial was set for September after the court was told that Griffiths was likely to be "away" during July when it would normally have been set for.

Fiscal depute Dev Kapaldia said: "Having had a look at the case, the court might benefit from further inquiry into the flare.

"I know what they do, but I don't know how they operate. The significance is what the effect of it might be. It came from the crowd onto the pitch.

"I want to inquire further into what effect it might have within a crowded area if it comes back in. The Crown is intending to make this inquiry."

Sheriff George Way said: "Looking at it, it is kicking a smoke bomb or similar item. One would readily infer from that that the flare came from somewhere.

"How does it matter how it works? It is a description of a thing giving off flames, smoke or whatever, and the defence will be along the lines of 'this nasty thing came at me and I kicked it. The scary thing came flying at me and I kicked it.'

"Does it matter if it is a flare, or a smoke bomb, or a pot plant? I just wonder if you are wasting your own time and money?" he asked the prosecutor.
It was lying on the grass and he took a run and booted it.
It never went anywhere near him, it was his choice to be near the flare.

If the Crown decides there was no danger posed by the flare then the policy of holding fans to account for the dangerous act of bringing them into the stadium goes out the window.
This all day long. I am no fan of flares at all and have said so in previous posts, but if deliberately kicking one into a crowd is not dangerous and reckless then how is someone holding one so? (The idiots who throw them on park are in same group as nonce, don’t confuse that)

Latest posts

Back