Hagi official - Announcement Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was everywhere ...lowball valuation ... even Genk would have seen this reported, might have helped get the price down a bit. Just guessing we might have played a blinder here. 3 million over 3 years as someone said is bordering on robbery.

Not really Genk and us have no idea where the transfer market is heading.....and there is wider concern about how clubs finance themselves-they've just guaranteed themselves a million a season.....I do wonder if we try to transfer players out we will be looking for similar deals to clubs we know are solid enough to be able to pay annually.....

Add ons - make me think a percentage of a future sell on fee. Which is a nessecary part of doing business in the markets we shop in, especially when attempting to buy the top talent. Also being able to pay a million a year over 3 years is excellent business. Especially given the current climate.

After all the pish spouted by the press over here, they may have strengthend our hand in negotiations over the past few days. Probably didn't, but it's a nice wee myth to get them wound up.

Payments and price make a bit more sense when the transfer market may well be on the brink of a crash.

It's Kent2 to be honest absolute universal acclaim on here and in general terms that you just know won't transfer to loyalty from the stands.

Both Kent and Hagi make good sense or good calculated gambles giving them time to develop however Rangers aren't the club for that. SG is sticking to a plan that you can read every day on here is not acceptable to most who want serious success next season.

I know I'll get the usual Dr Doom shite but it's the truth.
The boy is class fs, not sure how you've come to this conclusion

The boy is class fs, not sure how you've come to this conclusion

Kent is class also but young and developing....that's the point not the potential. There's a whole debate about his best position and indeed our set up shape. He may be the exception but even foreign youngsters have struggled to deliver consistently at Rangers...in my life time both home grown and foreign players that are young have found it very difficult to deliver consistently....and I read on here SG has one more go at it....big ask....

Great signing but let's hope he doesn't become a square peg forced into a round hole and is used correctly.

who_let_buzz_killington_in_t_shirt-ra8b8c8f6ffca41cdbc5cc6403665d4ea_jyr6q_540.jpg

For £3m that’s excellent business.

If it is a done deal then I’m delighted with how quickly we’ve gotten this over the line as I honestly couldn’t be bothered with another Kent situation this summer.

Picture of him and his Da holding up a top

I'd imagine they want him holding up the new Castore strip for launch. That may be why Genk have come public whilst we seem to be sitting on the news.

Either that or the £10m move to Lazio is announced tomorrow and we take a very quick win.

I'm happy with either right now... But Ibrox baby!

Very happy with this signing but my biggest hope is that we are looking to change the shape of the team. Surely he won’t just be shoehorned into the right side of a 433 again!?

Delighted. What he lacks in pace he makes up for in skill,vision and guile. And a dose of the gallus. A great young talent who has already shown he “wants it. “

Down to the gaffer to utilise those strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back