Hagi

Albertz_Was_King

What an assist, a pure Number 10 but punting him wide is pointless.

Beale can go on Twitter all he likes and say we play with two 10’s but we all have eyes. His starting positions are often from wide. He has to come from wide-to-in.

Play him as a 10. Centrally.

Stop being so wedded to the formation.

Hagi’s desire to always take possession in tight areas, play with this head up and look forward are great assets. As are his first touch passes. Boy’s a talent that can certainly add a different dimension to our play. He doesn’t seem to shy away from the physical side of the game either. I like him a lot.

In the second he was always available at the top of the box looking for a ball through the middle...

Yet we kept playing it wide

Then that one time we do find him in the middle he makes the killer pass

Maybe the squad are getting used to trusting him but I've seen enough in the short time he's been here to justify the signing....

Also I like him more in the middle than out wide

I’d look at playing 4-3-2-1, especially when we’re at home. The fullbacks can push on to provide width and Hagi and another could play behind Alfie.

I’d look at playing 4-3-2-1, especially when we’re at home. The fullbacks can push on to provide width and Hagi and another could play behind Alfie.
Got last bit around wrong way for me, should be 1-2 instead of 2-1.

He doesn't have the pace to play wide, but his quick feet, and eye for a forward pass or shot on goal make him an ideal central no.10. We should be tinkering with our formation to make that happen.

His pass to Arfield was a rare moment of quality today. He's someone who can make a difference. A class act.

Unfortunately, with many of the younger managers, they seem to be obsessed with a certain "system" and "philosophy".

The way we play can't get the best out of Hagi.

It strikes me as madness...surely we should be playing to the strengths of our best players, and, I have the sneaking suspicion Hagi, if utilised to his full potential, could be excellent for us.

Best player on the park along with Arfield.

Some didn't want him to start today due to the conditions and opposition - fucking mental that. Clattered right, left and centre and just bounces back up and wants the ball.

Left isolated right side too often in the first half and you can see him eager to come in the park to get involved.

Think you better let Michael Beale know then

I read Beale’s quotes on Twitter but it’s clear as day to me that Kent and Hagi are starting out wide and coming in, all I’m saying I’d that Hagi should be narrower.

I read Beale’s quotes on Twitter but it’s clear as day to me that Kent and Hagi are starting out wide and coming in, all I’m saying I’d that Hagi should be narrower.

They are, but they are still playing deeper than Morelos, making it the 4-3-2-1

What an assist, a pure Number 10 but punting him wide is pointless.

Beale can go on Twitter all he likes and say we play with two 10’s but we all have eyes. His starting positions are often from wide. He has to come from wide-to-in.

Play him as a 10. Centrally.

Stop being so wedded to the formation.
Of course Beale can say what he wants, look at his coaching experience

Maybe he should listen to some wee boy with a made up name on follow follow

He’s only going to get better

Always looking for the ball and trying to play 1-2’s. Hope we can keep a hold of him

And I think that in a 4-2-3-1, with Hagi as a number 10, with 3 pacy players in front of him with great movement in and around the box and players who look to score goals, he could be sensational.

I really like him, no fuss if tackled, always looking to take the ball, and is always looking to get forward. And whilst I agree he looks better in the middle, I think he is given the width so he doesn’t get smothered in the congestion of the “Low Block.”

Good footballer, but I think we are missing Kamara at the moment. Not sure how we accomodate both, but our press doesn't work with Hagi.

Back