Hagi?

Wish the negative posts would disappear for one night ffs.

4-0 away in Europe and there’s still negative posts about players.

Some folk should just have a night off and enjoy the result.
Exactly.
Wonderful performance tonight and I've just logged on to FF for some positivity for a change after a grim few days only to be confronted with this steaming pile of horse shite of a thread.

Some folk just don't deserve the Rangers.

Had to work back and track their width. So much defensive work like the rest of the midfield. Our attacking game was pretty direct and it wasn't a chance for him to use his talents out wide. Thought he was okay.

Wish the negative posts would disappear for one night ffs.

4-0 away in Europe and there’s still negative posts about players.

Some folk should just have a night off and enjoy the result.
Yep, just back from watching what was a tricky tie despite the scoreline and guess what? A negative thread. FF genuinely drags the f##king life out of you at times.

Hagi is a player with the potential to become a world class player. In my opinion he’s at the best place he could be at to develop that potential.

Ultimately I think he’s going to need a full season of first team football to get any kind of consistency.

The boy is class, still finding his feet with us, but I've no doubt he will be a big player for us in the not too distant future.

He is a young player getting assists, yes he should have scored tonight but he is doing very well. With Aribo out, he is being asked to play game after game without rest.

Hahahaha startled! They were playing in a empty stadium Fucksake against a mid table Dutch side.
So Barisic didn’t get booked very early then have a number of occasions where he was hesitant defensively thereafter until after we scored?

Its written in the stars for it all to come together for him next Thursday.

Every time someone starts a thread on Hagi, we are met with lots defending him and saying he is still young or he’s only 21?

He has been playing professional football for 5 years, he has featured in different leagues across Europe and he is a full internationalist, we aren’t talking about some inexperienced 17 year old playing in another country for the first time here.

I think the continual references to his age are tiresome.

He was absolutely awful 1st half tonight, either lost the ball or fell over at the slightest touch. Bit better 2nd but not by a great deal.

I actually thought he was good against Hibs & was one of our best players before being subbed.

I just wish we had competition for that right sided role to push him on & give us an option when it's not coming off for him

He has to play closer to the striker and more centrally imo then we will see the best of him.

He is too deep but when he is closer to the box his vision and touch are there for all to see lovely wee through balls great one touch passing he has it all but I agree he was poor tonight.

We won 4-0 away in Holland yet some folk still have to find a way to slaughter someone. Pathetic stuff. He’s a talented boy, always looking to create something and takes risks. As a result he can give the ball away but he will also create chances for us. Sometimes when we go narrow he’s not as effective as the spaces he likes to play in are reduced but why do we need to look for fault on a night like tonight? The usual faux standard bearers, give it a rest and enjoy a great result.

Hagi shows in flashes just what he's capable of,and as others have pointed out, playing in a position that doesn't bring the best out of him.

We won 4-0 away in Holland yet some folk still have to find a way to slaughter someone. Pathetic stuff. He’s a talented boy, always looking to create something and takes risks. As a result he can give the ball away but he will also create chances for us. Sometimes when we go narrow he’s not as effective as the spaces he likes to play in are reduced but why do we need to look for fault on a night like tonight? The usual faux standard bearers, give it a rest and enjoy a great result.
Nailed it. Brilliant post mate.

I read the match thread earlier and was getting really pissed off with people saying get him off or he's shite.

His position is a tough position, he's expected to hold the ball, attack and defend, he's 21 and shows what you'd expect from a 21 year old. He is however, showing signs of class.
It's too early to tell but I think he'll turn out to be a very good player for us and go on to a higher level

Hagi is technically good with a keen eye for a telling pass.

He does however lack a bit of pace and appears to struggle with the physicality of Scottish football, a fact one could argue is more of a slight on Scottish football, than him.

To me he is "work in progress" and in something like a fully fit squad would not be a first pick. His challenge is to step up a level and become the player we would all like him to be.

This patter annoys me. We don't have time for patience right now with what's at stake. He needs dropped and pressure put on his position ASAP. Hope He is dropped and Jones plays at the weekend.
Nonsense posts like yours annoy me.

I noticed I had a post chopped because I dared to say I hoped Morelos brings his shooting boots for the next round.

Certain admin obviously just chop whatever they personally don’t like and here was me thinking it was a forum for all discussion
Exactly, it’s ridiculous

Think he was given the full match tonight so he wont play on Sunday.
We need Aribo back to challenge him,so he's not a stick on first pick,then he'll come good.

Great wee player, he will be fantastic for us, just needs a bit of time to find his feet like plenty before him have and plenty after will as well

Thought he was Ok, 2nd half especially. The whole team improved and he had a far bigger influence on the game.

Sometimes he is a bit casual with the easy pass and other times he just does things instinctively that are pretty special. Will take him time to maybe find his feet as he is only young and still improving.

Every time someone starts a thread on Hagi, we are met with lots defending him and saying he is still young or he’s only 21?

He has been playing professional football for 5 years, he has featured in different leagues across Europe and he is a full internationalist, we aren’t talking about some inexperienced 17 year old playing in another country for the first time here.

I think the continual references to his age are tiresome.

So you are expecting the finished article at 21 then?? Not many 21 year olds play first team football.

I think he misses playing in front of the fans as he seems to get extra boost when we cheer him on. Stick with him he will turn it around and quickly

I hope some of our supporters never get into racing horse ownership. Would turn players into glue after a 4-0 away win in Holland.

People need to stop thinking Hagi is going to run a game. He is 21. What he brings is tge ability to play a pass pick up space that in a tight game may be the difference between 1 0 and 0 0.
His touch set us on the way for our second goal tonight.
We need to support him

All these things were said about Kent and Aribo once upon a time. You’d think people would learn :D

I do wonder if we would be so patient if he was a Scottish player as bizarre as that sounds.

2 years ago Barisic was a shitebag and not good enough. Last year Kent was a waste of money and not good enough. This year it looks like Hagi is in for the abuse. Hopefully he rams the words down throats like the previous 2.

Came on to post the same; they'll find someone else no doubt if/when Hagi starts turning it on

I’ve said it loads of times, I’ll continue to say it. Ianis Hagi is head and shoulders above anything in this country, his ability is there, his in game Intelligence is there for all to see, he’s 2,3 even 4 moves ahead of everyone else.
There was a move at the edge of their box early first half, a few passes then it gets to Hagi, a 1 touch pass that, if Kent was alive to it, would have put him through and the ball was sublime as well. Sometimes some players are a wee bit ahead of the game in the mind, the feet don’t always carry at the same pace. Teddy Sheringham was a great example, always always many moves ahead of his team mates.
This kid will shine like a £40m player in 2-3 years, of that there is no doubt.

If he’s anywhere near half the player his old man was, Jesus Christ we will have a proper superstar on our hands.

I’m a huge fan of this kid. He’s an outstanding talent. Patience is what he requires and patience is what he’s gonna get.

I don't think he's playing well but I've noticed he's on the end of a fair few rough challenges every match. Hopefully just take him some time as other posters have said.

He had a poor first half (along with a right good few of his teammates) but he was much improved in the second.

That old saying “ Trying to Hard” could sum up Ianis..
He takes some amount of hard challenges though in games but to his credit he never hides.
I’m confident it will work out for him.

Hoping he gets a "St Mirren moment" like Borna that turns it round for him. I'm not going to sharpen my stakes yet though and will give him time.

I hope some of our supporters never get into racing horse ownership. Would turn players into glue after a 4-0 away win in Holland.

OP was moaning before the game and now he's at it after. Hasn't had one positive word to say about the result. Some people are just utterly joyless.

Incase youve forgotten were light in the midfield. Jones cant play the same role to what Hagi is asked to do.
I haven't forgotten at all, but incase you have forgot. by dropping hagi for Jones, it doesn't change anything.

Back