Hamilton game is massive. What's your team?

It's getting to the stage it doesn't matter who plays. We will have no cutting edge and ultimately struggle to score or win the match..if Hamilton sneak a goal before us we are in trouble.

I know the win is the most important thing, but I feel we could really do with scoring a few and getting the confidence back before the tougher games later in the month.

Based on last night McCrorie and Jack earned a place. Coulibaly should be out but probably won't be.

I'll be honest, no one seems to want to play. IMO we are a bad result against Hamilton away from a full blown crisis for the season.

I believe it's time for a rethink. Our wingers have offered nothing recently. I think we should go for a 3-5-2. Pointless crosses can still be achieved by our wing backs if we need them. At least this time one of the two strikers might get on the end of it. Sick of high balls to (within 20 yards of) the relatively diminutive Morelos.

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katic
McCrorie
Tav Jack Arfield Barisic
Morelos Lafferty

Assuming Arfield and Morelos are back from suspension. I would play a more attacking midfielder but we don't have any.

No point having Morelos completely isolated yet again.

Bench: Fod, MacAuley, Halliday, Rossiter, Candeias, Middleton/Grezda, Dallas.
You and many others wanting us deducted points?

Can’t believe nearly everyone has Katic back in their selections.

That’s mental.

I think that’s the side too....although Rossiter or McCrorie could be in Halliday’s berth.

I've got a feeling my predicted side will be the lineup with Rossiter, McCrorie and Middleton all coming off the bench.

Every game now appears to be massive.

PS would this not be an ideal game for Katic to be recalled.

If Hamilton at home is massive then we’re in more trouble than I’d though. Even playing poorly, we should stick 3 or 4 past them.

This is the perfect game to recall Katic. If he can’t play at home v Hamilton then he can’t play at all for us, simple as that.

Little over 2 weeks ago according to many on FF we were winning the league. Now reading much of the garbage on this post we are in deep crisis.

If Hamilton at home is massive then we’re in more trouble than I’d though. Even playing poorly, we should stick 3 or 4 past them.

This is the perfect game to recall Katic. If he can’t play at home v Hamilton then he can’t play at all for us, simple as that.
I think it's massive, regardless of who the opposition is.

Massive?

We will maul Hamilton at home with a very standard team.

Hibs away is massive. Hibs at home is also massive. mentally challengeds at home is bigger than massive.

Hamilton at home should be routine.

We need to win

The crowd will be down, the team deflated and we’re struggling for personal, I’d give all loan players a rest and get our own lads in.

McGregor
Tav
barasic
Goldson
Katic

Jack
Halliday
Arfield

Grezda
Lafferty
Candeias

Subs

McCrorie
McCrorie
Macaulay
Dallas
Kelly
Flannagan
Good shout :cool:

Massive?

We will maul Hamilton at home with a very standard team.

Hibs away is massive. Hibs at home is also massive. mentally challengeds at home is bigger than massive.

Hamilton at home should be routine.
Hamilton are better than Dundee but I hope it is routine

Based on last night McCrorie and Jack earned a place. Coulibaly should be out but probably won't be.

I'll be honest, no one seems to want to play. IMO we are a bad result against Hamilton away from a full blown crisis for the season.

I believe it's time for a rethink. Our wingers have offered nothing recently. I think we should go for a 3-5-2. Pointless crosses can still be achieved by our wing backs if we need them. At least this time one of the two strikers might get on the end of it. Sick of high balls to (within 20 yards of) the relatively diminutive Morelos.

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katic
McCrorie
Tav Jack Arfield Barisic
Morelos Lafferty

Assuming Arfield and Morelos are back from suspension. I would play a more attacking midfielder but we don't have any.

No point having Morelos completely isolated yet again.

Bench: Fod, MacAuley, Halliday, Rossiter, Candeias, Middleton/Grezda, Dallas.
You fecking serious? We are playing HAMILTON and you want to play with TWO defensive midfielders??

We’ve got to stick with the same back 4 now for a good run of games this changing centre half’s and full backs don’t work. A get we have injury’s and tht but no more changed for the sake of it.

Could do with a comprehensive win, an absolute battering of them, confidence boosting.

You know they are coming to sit in, frustrate, try to remain organised and disciplined - dogged.

Can we please stop including Rossiter in our starting line ups ? It’s really grinding my gears .

He did nothing yet again v Dundee , didn’t last the 90 and most likely will disappear again until the new year .

For Sunday the team should be -

Mcgregor
Tavernier
Barisic
Goldson
McCauley

Jack
Coullibally
Arfield
Candeas

Lafferty
Grezda

3 central defenders against a team who will play an isolated 1 up top would be madness. Gives up our wide overload to have an extra man at the back. Arfield is critical in playing close to Morelos on Sunday. I’d also like to see Tav coming inside more often and driving into the midfield, we need more of a threat through the central areas even if it is just to create more space wide.

My team would be:

Mcgregor
Tav McCrorie Goldson Barisic
Jack
Arfield Rossiter
Candeias Lafferty Grezda

I know most wont agree but o think it’s time we see big Ross back in the position he grew up playing. All the attributes to be a top centre half and he would massively improve our distribution from the back.

Edit - forgot Morelos suspension

I don't think McCrorie is at his best in defence, certainly wasn't last time he played there.

Agreed 2 Central defenders with Jack in front of them creating a triangle high up the pitch would be my game plan also.

We need to hammer them into submission, it is the only way to deal with these defensive tactics.

No offence @academical, it's every team in the league bar Sellick tbh.

You fecking serious? We are playing HAMILTON and you want to play with TWO defensive midfielders??
Who do you propose?

Other than Arfield we have Jack, McCrorie, Coulibaly, and Rossiter. Every one of them defensively minded. Someone has to play beside Arfield and behind those two at DM, who is it to be in this attacking team of yours?

Mcgregor
Tav RWB
goldson RCH
katic LCH
barisic LWB
Jack CM
mccrorie CM
Candieas RW
grezda LW
Arfield ACM
Lafferty F

Very little attacking threat but our options are so limited and middleton needs benched for me. Would also love dallas on the bench with him

Last edited:
We’ve got to stick with the same back 4 now for a good run of games this changing centre half’s and full backs don’t work. A get we have injury’s and tht but no more changed for the sake of it.

So get back to the one that we had the most success with? Tav Goldson katic Barisic

So get back to the one that we had the most success with? Tav Goldson katic Barisic
If Thts what Gerrard goes for then we need to go for it man! Personally my back would be tav Goldson mcually Barisic. But who ever it is he needs to just stick to it and play them.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barasic
Jack McCrorie Arfield
Candieas Lafferty Grezda

McCrorie
Worral
Halliday
Coulibally
Middleton
Dallas
Dapo

McGregor
Tav Katic Golson Barisic
Jack McCrorie
Candeias Arfiels Gredza
Lafferty

Absolute must win but also a few goals to get some confidence back!

Get a settled team on the park and keep that winning team from now on and I’ll be happy

I am reading all these posts and getting confused.. As you say, two defensive midfielders at home to Hamilton is scandalous. I would go for

McGregor

Tav McAuley Katic Barasic

Jack

Candyman Rossiter Arfield Grezda

Dallas.

Back