Hamilton Goalkeeper - *Threads merged*

I made the misfortunate error of watching these pr1cks today.

Griffiths 90% sending off aside, the difference between them and us is just strength in depth. Where we've struggled to break teams down and had no real options on the bench, they can bring on Christie and Rogic against ten men who were knackered.

As much as this may be correct, it is an incredible help when the referee sends off an opposition player when he didn’t really have to (could easily have been a yellow card offence) and refuses to send off your player when there is absolutely no doubt he should have.
We'd have got a point because we'd have been the team with 10 men.

Their keeper was down injured half way between the goal and corner flag and Walsh let them take a corner.

I've never ever seen anything remotely like that happen in 35 years watching football.
Funnily enough with less than 20 to go and poets drawing.

Paranoid loony
200.webp

Griffiths 90% sending off aside, the difference between them and us is just strength in depth. Where we've struggled to break teams down and had no real options on the bench, they can bring on Christie and Rogic against ten men who were knackered.

Massive - 100% True

Christie aside their bench is shite. They won in the end because they were playing a knackered 10 man Hamilton, aided and abetted by the referee.

Interesting that academical isn't going full retard today. Considering it's his team that's playing.
Some of the posters have spent the last 2 days during games and hardly said a word about the football itself. Made their mind up before the teams go down the tunnel. Its alarming how much of them sound exactly like the Tim's when we were doing 9 in a row

If you’re trying to suggest our support is remotely comparable to theirs you’re posting on the wrong forum.

Down the years we have not made much of decisions that have gone against us. Their pressure on referees - which led to a strike, of course - and the de facto takeover of the game nearly a decade ago means we are in an unprecedented situation.

A week or so back someone posted a clip of Willie Johnston stamping on John McMaster 40 years ago. Everyone condemned it. Griffiths’ stamp on the Accies player was in the same vein yet we know it will be covered up.

That’s how bad things are and it’s time you realised.

Tims are having a right old giggle about yesterday and today all over twitter, Facebook and football forums. Who can blame them?

This place is so like the mentally challengeds during 9iar it's unbelievable.They are blowing teams away almost in every game. They have a better team and a much stronger pool of players, it's as simple as that. Like back in the 90's the tims could put up some good performances against us ,We are doing the same now.Like back in the 90's there was only ever one team going to win the league, and unfortunately like back in the 90's the mentally challengeds resorted to blaming everyone but the real culprits,their manager and players.And now many rangers fans are doing the exact same thing.

I would say you're partly correct. We have our failings that are costing us but surely we can't ignore the fact that almost every game changing decision goes their way?
I'm trying not to let this cloud the fact that our form has went south.

After getting the result against the tim's, which left us in a great position, the team has lost their way for some reason. Would love to know why? 2 games away at easter rd and parkhead which I thought were going to be defining moments in the league, went our way. I really didnt expect to get 6 points.

After these games which i thought was a turning point in our favour, it all seems to have gone wrong and to be spending our time looking at refs and conspiracies is missing the point. Would just love to see us getting our form back,but right now I'm not even sure we can beat hibs on Wednesday. Hope I'm wrong and we get a good result along with a confident performance to get the show back on the road.

I cant help myself in saying, like many on here "If the Griffiths stamp followed by the push in the chest was Alfie, the ref wouldve had a red out in a flash" .

Imagine, Sutton sees Griffiths stamp as “nowhere else to go”!
Do qunts like Sutton not have a milligram of integrity?*

*That‘s a the question, by the way.
No he doesn't, when you deliberately get yourself sent off v us as you can't handle a pounding then no you don't, then there's the time we beat the pars to win the league, another liewell placeman

This place is so like the mentally challengeds during 9iar it's unbelievable.They are blowing teams away almost in every game. They have a better team and a much stronger pool of players, it's as simple as that. Like back in the 90's the tims could put up some good performances against us ,We are doing the same now.Like back in the 90's there was only ever one team going to win the league, and unfortunately like back in the 90's the mentally challengeds resorted to blaming everyone but the real culprits,their manager and players.And now many rangers fans are doing the exact same thing.

Another one who either is refusing to see what’s in front of them, or who didn’t watch the game but feels entitled to comment anyway.

Either way, not a good look.

Accies are bottom of the league and staring relegation in the face. Our manager has just started a 5 match minimum dugout ban. Our captain was out injured; our vice captain came back today, but I’d question whether he’s fully fit. We lost our best defender in the window, and have taken a gamble on 21 year old Sam Woods (the player Griffiths stamped on). Our squad is threadbare.

But we went out today and gave Celtic a game. We were competitive until the final 12 minutes, when their extra man told (perhaps also because we brought Temps on to try to snatch an equaliser, but he needs the match time). I’m proud of our players, especially MOTM Gogic.

I fear this season is our farewell to the top flight. It’s been good, let’s hope we’re back again before too long.

Celtic may have won well in the end, but if Griffiths had gone off, as he should have, it’s a whole different game. One we should have taken something from.

Accies are bottom of the league and staring relegation in the face. Our manager has just started a 5 match minimum dugout ban. Our captain was out injured; our vice captain came back today, but I’d question whether he’s fully fit. We lost our best defender in the window, and have taken a gamble on 21 year old Sam Woods (the player Griffiths stamped on). Our squad is threadbare.

But we went out today and gave Celtic a game. We were competitive until the final 12 minutes, when their extra man told (perhaps also because we brought Temps on to try to snatch an equaliser, but he needs the match time). I’m proud of our players, especially MOTM Gogic.

I fear this season is our farewell to the top flight. It’s been good, let’s hope we’re back again before too long.

Celtic may have won well in the end, but if Griffiths had gone off, as he should have, it’s a whole different game. One we should have taken something from.

You deserved a point, absolute minimum. Utterly scandalous.

So the refs have nothing to do with it in your book?

Simple indeed. You, and supporters like you, are a huge part of the problem.

Ironically, Nick Walsh works at the school we send our Rangers Academy kids to. His cheating, unlike someone like Clancy, is not because he’s because he is rabid mentally challenged, but because he goes out of his way to manage us and them to a different standard. He is a fuucking little turd.

Another one who either is refusing to see what’s in front of them, or who didn’t watch the game but feels entitled to comment anyway.

Either way, not a good look.
I don't watch them .I watch my team Rangers and what I see is a team that is not good enough,not strong enough,and doesn't have the character within it's ranks to win a league.As I said ,it's the 90's in reverse.That is what I see in front of me.

So we sit back and allow blatantly being refereed differently to them because it so happens that they believed it happened to them 20 years ago?

There was countless examples of us being treated differently today...
Griffiths stamp and Griffiths dive to name 2 which should have resulted in him being ordered off.

We are off the pace however, if you don’t see that refereeing is having a massively negative impact on our season then you really are deluded

I don't watch them .I watch my team Rangers and what I see is a team that is not good enough,not strong enough,and doesn't have the character within it's ranks to win a league.As I said ,it's the 90's in reverse.That is what I see in front of me.

If you didn't watch today's game, then you're in no position to comment.

I will ask you again, Do you see the corruption for a certain team going on every week?

Wow.

Surely, even with a yellow card shown there, that'll be compliant officer reviewed now that they've handed suspensions out post match when a yellow has been issued.

How is that not a straight red?

They are untouchable.

Referees up here are genuinely shit scared to do their jobs against that lot.

Their keeper was down injured half way between the goal and corner flag and Walsh let them take a corner.

I've never ever seen anything remotely like that happen in 35 years watching football.
Another truth.
Look at the referee yesterday when Lewis was "injured" during injury time.
I know there must be a goalkeeper on the park at all times and the Hamilton keeper was never off the park but ,like you, I only seem to remember a referee not ensure the health of a goalkeeper was the first thing on his mind and that was today.

Can you not see the help they are getting though?
LIke I poated earlier, it is a great he when the referee makes decisions in your favour that. at best.he might not kame for another side.

I will ask you again, Do you see the corruption for a certain team going on every week?
I see big teams get big decisions. All the time, and in all leagues. The free kick & red card today is a classic example - I don’t think we’d have got those decisions at the other end.

Do Celtic get more than their share? Definitely.

Celtic have dominated Scottish football for nearly a decade, not just on the field, but also in financial and political terms. Officials are scared to give decisions against the new establishment club. The other Scottish clubs who did Rangers down and helped Celtic establish their dominance ignored a fundamental truth - Scottish football was poor as a duopoly, it’s been much worse as a monopoly. It’ll take years for that to change.

Rangers are mounting a serious title challenge this season, but Celtic's form has been phenomenal. How much of that is down to refereeing decisions? Hard to say, but it’s definitely worth points. Celtic could have dropped points today: 0-1 and down to 10 men? They didn’t, but how much of that was down to the ref not sending Griffiths off, and how much to their resilience, squad depth, and fighting qualities? Again, hard to say - they could have won anyway.

Hamilton were cheated. Even after the sending off, the referee failed to take action against a number of celtic players. Brown and a second yellow for Taylor.

What was that? Did they score from it?

Back