Match Thread Hamilton v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

That fud Walker saying wee Buffalo frustrated having quite game,listen Walker he made the first goal,brought down for the third and scored the fourth.
He was also the player whose position forced the handball for number two.
Personally I thought he was terrific today considering everything.

Gie's peace.

It was an absolutely dreadful performance and anyone who thinks we can continue to play like that yet will still continue to get all three points is deluded.

The first goal was a thing of beauty, the first penalty was a stonewaller, thought the second was soft and the finish for the fourth was a sublime strike.

Refereeing wise, how the mong lookalike stayed on the park after the barge midway through the second half, is typical of the cheats in black. As for the yellow for Morelos? A complete joke.

But that level of performance should not be condoned.

Better teams than Hamilton won't be as easy to prise the points from.

Agree with most of this, as a whole the performance was poor. Factors to consider were the constant break up of play, continual fouls on Morelos etc. Katic didn't have a great game in all honesty.

I'm not going to bash our team and look at the end result 1 : 4 that will do for me.

Tav's penalties have been well executed and long may it continue.

Re Alfie, he was getting assaulted all over the place and possibly looked like he had a minor hamstring issue but never gave up, kept going and got his reward. Overall I'm well chuffed.

Good last 10 mins mate. :)

Is Canning insinuating the referee is a cheat ? Said had that been a Rangers player and 2,000 fans behaind the goals he would have gave it,quite clearly saying he cheated.

One for the compliance officer.

Great result. Overjoyed with how we finished, but we do make it difficult for ourselves. My head was in my hands most of the second half. Rossiter couldn't spray a forward pass all day. Coulibaly was ineffective, and Ejaria had one brilliant moment all game. In effect, the heart of our midfield were posted missing. Nobody to make the killer pass. Indeed, it was Morelos we had to thank for that in the first half with an outstanding piece of midfield majesty and laid the ball on a plate for Kent to finish. Second half was even worse than the first half. I could not see how we would dig ourselves out of a 1-1 draw with 10 minutes to go. We haven't won away in the league since St Johnstone last February (I looked it up!). And from nowhere Candeias sends the perfect ball in. Hand ball. Penalty. Tav just brilliant. Then another. Again Tav, cool as you like. And finally, just when you think it's all over, up pops El Buffalo to smash it in to the top corner. And yet here we are annoyed that the team didn't play to our usual high quality at Ibrox. If this keeps going I'll need a by-pass by next May.

Sorry but we won that because their centre back had some sort of spastic meltdown and gave us 2 penalties.

If you think that sort of performance is getting us anything at Easter Road or Tynecastle you're deluded. We'll get fucking skelped and we really really need to buck up our ideas away from home. The performance was every bit as bad as Livingston.

Strange you mention Easter Road and Tynecastle but not Rugby Park? Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact we pumped them 3-1 a couple months back, would it?

if penny doesn't handle the ball, a rangers player has a tap in?

But what if he just boots it away with his left foot like any normal person?

Of course I'll take the 3 points but let's not kid on it wasn't a fucking brutal performance that would've seen us get a hiding at most other venues in the league. Hamilton are absolutely shite.

Correct mate. Still a head in sand moment if you think today was acceptable.

In fact i’ll be surprised if Gerrard comes on and says that was acceptable.

Result - yes
Overall performance - no

That was more relief than anything today.

I'm pretty sure no one thinks that was acceptable, but in football its results that really count, of course want to be going out and ripping these teams apart, but our away form has been poor this season, I will take any sort of win and hope we can get better.

Great 3 points but a real struggle. It took their goal for us to start passing forward quickly.
However These pitches are fukin awful. You just don’t see a ‘normal’ game on them - the bounce and spin is unatural and results in poor spectacle.

kent3.png

pen1.png

tav1.jpg

alfie2.jpg
tav2.jpg

alfie3.jpg

alfie4.jpg

alfie5.jpg

Last edited:
Some posts just make you shake your head in disbelief.

This is one of them.

What's the problem with it exactly?

Did I say I'm not happy?

Did you think the performance was good?

Did you just shake your head in disbelief at Gerrard's comments too?

I'm pretty sure no one thinks that was acceptable, but in football its results that really count, of course want to be going out and ripping these teams apart, but our away form has been poor this season, I will take any sort of win and hope we can get better.

Gerrard’s interview pretty much sums it up.

“Glad we got the three points....”
“...we weren’t good at all today”
“...result flattered us”

Thankfully the bar has been raised by Gerrard. Your Pedro’s and Warburtons would’ve been lauding that comeback and burying their heads in the sand.

It was always going to take a scrappy performance to get the Away record monkey off our back and that's exactly what it was today.

We won't play that badly at Easter road or Tynecastle as some doom monger further up the board said. We play better against better teams, that is very obvious with this Rangers team.

Hibs and Hearts will not sit in against us and we will get a lot of joy in those games.

glad I'm off the drink after a performance like ghat. I would have been shouting and bawling my heid off after a few beers but was remarkably calm although angry at a poor performance.

Reactions: TN8
Correct mate. Still a head in sand moment if you think today was acceptable.

In fact i’ll be surprised if Gerrard comes on and says that was acceptable.

Result - yes
Overall performance - no

That was more relief than anything today.

The gaffer has just said the performance was poor but some people on here will still say we were brilliant. We have folk calling people who are not happy with the performance drama queens yet if there was dropped points you’d never see these accusers again.

Thank feck I miss most of these match threads due to being at most games.

We’ll be playing livi away before the split.

I didn't say we wouldn't.o_O We will also visit Hamilton away again before the split. My point was that we have chalked off 2 out of a maximum of 6 away trips to synthetic pitches already. With a bit of luck we only have 3 more to go rather than another 4, since I'm hoping Killie will drop to bottom 6.

I worded my original post poorly mate.:oops:

Not a great performance a lot of the time but a good result. Hopefully the result might give us a boost for later away games, particularly on plastic pitches.

It was always going to take a scrappy performance to get the Away record monkey off our back and that's exactly what it was today.

We won't play that badly at Easter road or Tynecastle as some doom monger further up the board said. We play better against better teams, that is very obvious with this Rangers team.

Hibs and Hearts will not sit in against us and we will get a lot of joy in those games.

Let's hope you're right and the performance at Parkhead was a one off then.

What's the problem with it exactly?

Did I say I'm not happy?

Did you think the performance was good?

Did you just shake your head in disbelief at Gerrard's comments too?

The performance was shite - I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

But at 1-1 if you had offered me 4-1 I'd have bit your hand off and danced about my garden with joy and relief.

That's all that matters.

We played great at Pittodrie and had 3 points snatched from us. We played shite today but got all 3. I know which I prefer.

No one, Gerrard included, is saying the performance was good but at the same time no one (other than yourself) is coming out with pathetic guff like this either:

"Probably the least happy I've ever been after a win"

My thoughts too while watching the match.( McKinnon sharing the same gene pool as Brown.)

The performance was shite - I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

But at 1-1 if you had offered me 4-1 I'd have bit your hand off and danced about my garden with joy and relief.

That's all that matters.

We played great at Pittodrie and had 3 points snatched from us. We played shite today but got all 3. I know which I prefer.

No one, Gerrard included, is saying the performance was good but at the same time no one (other than yourself) is coming out with pathetic guff like this either:

"Probably the least happy I've ever been after a win"

I think you need to check the definition of "least happy" and try again.

He was also the player whose position forced the handball for number two.
Personally I thought he was terrific today considering everything.

The one standout for us today. Especially considering the challenges he took without protection from the ref.
He looks every bit the modern number 9.

The whole anti Morelos patter is laughable. It’s either people with an agenda or people who know nothing about football.

Eh? Can you not read?

I don't know what you mean. The idea we play shite away from home is a myth based on: Drawing with Aberdeen with 10 men, drawing with Motherwell and losing to Livingstone and the Tims (OF game at Mordor after a european tie would've been a hard ask even under Walter) and ignoring the fact we destroyed Killie (currently third in the table) at Rugby Park. We played poorly against Motherwell, bad against Livingstone and poor today. Given we've played 19 games in total it's ridiculous to gleam some kind of trend from 3 or 4 games. Also describing today as brutal is pure hyperbole, Hamilton weren't even close to deserving a point.

Back