Hastie ready to sign

This actually kills me inside.
It's nothing to do with Jones if Kent doesn't come back. I think JJ deserves to be given a chance without being compared to Kent, and to be accepted on his own merits, by what he does when he's here. In other words, fans should be fair with him and give him a chance. I rate Jones, I may not rate him as high as Kent, but I think he has potential to be a very good Rangers player.

Last edited:
Getting our business done so early I love it ,meanwhile across the city they don’t even know who will be manager and they also need a whole new defence ,it’s coming home !

It's nothing to do with Jones if Kent doesn't come back. I think JJ deserves to be given a chance without being compared to Kent, and to accepted on his own merits, by what he does when he's here. In other words, fans should fair with him and give him a chance. I rate Jones, I may not rate him as high as Kent, but I think he has potential to be a very good Rangers player.

eh?......

eh?......
Jones doesn't doesn't come necessarily as Kent's replacement, and perhaps it's not fair to expect him to replicate Kent's impact at Rangers. On his own merits he can potentially be a good signing.

Motherwell apparently wanting £350k for him in the tribunal

Inexperienced player, having played less Than 25 games currently not featuring won’t get that.

I’d say we would be 150k.

Though I reckon we could get a small fee and percentage deal - eg 100k and 10% of any fee we receive

Motherwell apparently wanting £350k for him in the tribunal

Seemingly that’s the figure they’ve come up with using the formula that UEFA use. Unfortunately for them it doesn’t apply for moves between Scottish clubs. If it gives to a tribunal they look at number if first team appearances, national representation, how long he was developed by Motherwell etc.

I’m not saying we won’t end up paying that sort of figure but I’d guess we will argue strongly regarding his paucity of first team appearances, for example. I think the Sheep paid Accies just over £200k and he had a lot more first team appearances at that stage.

Hopefully we can agree a lower figure (than £350k) without the need for a tribunal. I still see Hastie very much as a gamble. If it pays off, it could be a real jackpot though.

Motherwell fans saying one trick pony, was brilliant first few games then managers caught on to him. Sadly sounds all too familiar but a good coach will improve him so hopefully he fills his frame out a bit more and can push to the next level with us

Under FIFA rules they're entitled to £355,000.

Rangers should pay the fee and thank Motherwell for developing such a promising young talent.

We'd be nicking him at that.

They can stick their UEFA rules up their arse. They don’t apply. They should, I’m all in favour, but for some reason Scotland wanted to be different.

Oh, and can you drop Hastie a line and see if you and he can get a room. Your trolling on this one is beyond the pale.;)

They can stick their UEFA rules up their arse. They don’t apply. They should, I’m all in favour, but for some reason Scotland wanted to be different.

Oh, and can you drop Hastie a line and see if you and he can get a room. Your trolling on this one is beyond the pale.;)

I'm too old to troll anyone ya nutter....:))

I rate the boy highly. What's your problem?

I’d much rather Turnbull if I’m being honest.

I think Turnbull is the type of player that if we don't sign he will probably be beyond our reach within a couple of years.

That being said he wouldn't currently get into our midfield so us signing him now could just stifle his development if anything.

Under FIFA rules they're entitled to £355,000.

Rangers should pay the fee and thank Motherwell for developing such a promising young talent.

We'd be nicking him at that.

I think it will be much less given his lack of 1st team appearances til the latter half of the season. We should be aiming for under 100k.

Try get as cheap as we can and keep other money for elsewhere

Motherwell fans saying one trick pony, was brilliant first few games then managers caught on to him. Sadly sounds all too familiar but a good coach will improve him so hopefully he fills his frame out a bit more and can push to the next level with us
Wait, so after all that drama you were causing yesterday - you haven’t actually seen him? Superb. Absolutely superb. :D

He is in the sense that he will cut in and try to get on his left but i'd expect we may try and develop him as someone who can play across our front 3 and maybe even as an advanced midfielder.

And to be blunt id expect his manager to find a different way to utilise him rather than keep persisting with a style of play that other teams have sussed out.

Wait, so after all that drama you were causing yesterday - you haven’t actually seen him? Superb. Absolutely superb. :D
No idea how me saying the motherwell fans seem to think he has been found out has been translated to i have never seen him, but okay.

He is in the sense that he will cut in and try to get on his left but i'd expect we may try and develop him as someone who can play across our front 3 and maybe even as an advanced midfielder.

And to be blunt id expect his manager to find a different way to utilise him rather than keep persisting with a style of play that other teams have sussed out.

I'm not implying he will do the same damage as rogic does for that lot but I can see him playing a very similar role to that

So folk aren’t allowed to have a debate over it on a discussion board?

Neenaw thread polis

Debate’s healthy, and I encourage it. However, this thread is full of passive aggressive comments and folk being, well, dafties.

And yes, I include your comment in the above.

Boy can hit them so I would imagine any where behind or beside the striker would work

In fact i would probably guess he is more than capable of leading a line too if it came to it as he can get up in the air, seems strong enough.

Genuinely interested to see how it goes, when is the last time we had a strong, direct winger?

No idea how me saying the motherwell fans seem to think he has been found out has been translated to i have never seen him, but okay.
Followed by “sadly sounds familiar” and “hopefully a good coach will improve him”. All based on Motherwell fans comments. If you’d seen him then you wouldn’t have to make the above comments.

So after telling me yesterday he is better than all our wingers, you’ve not actually seen him. Maybe just leave it next time? Avoids another mental breakdown over nothing.

In fact, you’ve probably seen his goals on Youtube.

Followed by “sadly sounds familiar” and “hopefully a good coach will improve him”. All based on Motherwell fans comments. If you’d seen him then you wouldn’t have to make the above comments.

So after telling me yesterday he is better than all our wingers, you’ve not actually seen him. Maybe just leave it next time? Avoids another mental breakdown over nothing.
So saying hopefully a good coach will improve him means i havent seen him? You still on the bevvies?

So saying hopefully a good coach will improve him means i havent seen him? You still on the bevvies?
Quoting Motherwell fans opinions, followed by your disappointment and hoping he can be improved, all stemming from their fans opinions. Yes, suggests you’ve not actually seen him and judging him off what they said.

Its fine, you’d need to go out your way to actually see him other than against us. No shame in it pal, just try not to go absolutely beserk when I say he currently isn’t better than our wingers. Or maybe you need a Motherwell fan to tell you that. :)

Quoting Motherwell fans opinions, followed by your disappointment and hoping he can be improved, all stemming from their fans opinions. Yes, suggests you’ve not actually properly seen him.

Its fine, you’d need to go out your way to actually see him other than against us. No shame in it pal, just try not to go absolutely beserk when I say he currently isn’t better than our wingers. Or maybe you need a Motherwell fan to tell you that. :)
I trust a motherwell fans opinion on him more than mines, considering i’m sat at Ibrox most weeks and only see motherwell on sportscene.

Wouldn’t expect you to be able to think logically though. I get you don’t like scottish players mate, you said your piece yesterday, you’re trying too hard kid

I trust a motherwell fans opinion on him more than mines, considering i’m sat at Ibrox most weeks and only see motherwell on sportscene.

Wouldn’t expect you to be able to think logically though. I get you don’t like scottish players mate, you said your piece yesterday, you’re trying too hard kid
Ahhhh so its only Sportscene you’ve seen Hastie on, and again you have deemed him better than our wingers based on that. Like I said, superb.

Hastie is decent with a high ceiling if he is developed properly. I do have faith in the likes of Beale to do that. He has the right attributes needed if we can expand his game. Currently around the same level as Middleton.

Ahhhh so its only Sportscene you’ve seen Hastie on, and again you have deemed him better than our wingers based on that. Like I said, superb.
6 goals in 12 - £350k
6 goals in 24 - £6m+

I know what i want. Now bore off.

He has all the physical & technical attributes needed to become a bit of a monster of a player. The next few years of his development are so important and we have the right coaches in place for that.

Agreed pal.

He's a very exciting young talent.

I will be 74 on the 25 of this month, was brought up in Parkhead before going to Castlemilk, used to go to the Tollcross Park to play football and go to the museum, fond times back then.
Went to the park myself. My granny lived in shettleston . My birthday 25th as well

It was reported that Hamilton got £250,000 for Lewis Ferguson at a tribunal.
I would expect us to have to pay similar, but I suppose that is what tribunals are for, Motherwell will over price him, and we will under bid, I wouldn’t expect anything less.

We are getting him for peanuts. He's either on a purple patch or he has the potential to be a monster of a player when he develops, nobody knows for sure as he has so little game time to judge at first team level. The worst that can happen is he's a flash in the pan and doesn't develop into a first team player for us but if that happens, big deal. We are hardly pinning our title hopes on the lad.

He'll probably be sent out on loan in the summer if he isn't ready to make an impact in our first team on a consistent basis yet.

Back