Heads went down last week after St Johnstone game, can we win the league this season

I personally do think the league race is over which was coming from some of you lovely bears however do not think we are out of it just yet, we still have to play Celtic and Celtic could lose points as they have done throughout the season.

Do you think we have what it takes in last months of the premiership.

Of course we have what it takes but we are 8 points behind. It would be incredible difficult at this stage.

Of course it’s possible but as others have said our complete lack of consistency coupled with the Crap we constantly have to deal with in regards to double standards over treatment if our players vs others make it highly improbable.
I 100% think they will drop points in other games and I wouldn’t be surprised if we take 4/6 v then but I can’t see us winning the rest.
Fully expect the closing margin to be <6 pts though.

League was over months ago. We have been inconsistent from almost the start of the campaign. We needed to pull ahead to have a chance. Every time they dropped points we dropped more. We’ve now given them too much of a cushion

If they drop points at either Motherwell or hearts then we will win the league

We need to put a winning run together up until the split and see what happens from there.

Hopefully the gap has reduced slightly and then pressure/bottle starts to become an issue.

That's the heart ruling the head though. In all honesty as it stands you can only see the gap widening rather than closing.

If we want to win the league we need to win every game we have left, and even then the tims will need to lose a another game outwith the 2 against us.

we have shown nothing this season to indicate we could do that.

I agree. They aren’t that good, but our consistency is shocking.

Look at us scoring 4 at the Sheep, 5 v Killie & the tims were trounced 1.0.

We CAN win every game but I have severe doubts on our consistency / discipline.

Nobody will do us any favours, so it will require us to win every game in Feb/March then win at the piggery. You are then hoping to be no more than 5 points behind going into the split, if we have them first game suddenly the pressure is all on them with 4 to go.
Stuff of fairytales but %^*& it why not!
It's nice to dream and think positively, sure beats being miserable on here (aka a realist!)

Highly unlikely but always a chance. We need to put together a long winning streak. We have the players capable but they just can't seem to stop dropping stupid points.

They are more consistent but still not that wonderful. Won't give up until it's mathematically impossible.

Can it be done? Yes. Will it be done? No. We're far too inconsistent.

I believed it was possible until last weekend. We'd had some slips before, but we had a real chance to put them under pressure with a very winnable home game for us ahead of a tough away game for them, and we let them off the hook. A weekend in which a late Scott Brown goal put them ahead by 8, Could have been so very different and made it a 3 or 4 point gap.

Too late now, but not for the cup. To have the league still going come the split, closing the gap, and winning the Scottish cup are the goals now.

Wednesday night showed what we're capable of, with the right attitude utterly dominating teams who under other circumstances cause us no end of grief. Keep believing as a wise man once said.

Of course we have what it takes but we are 8 points behind. It would be incredible difficult at this stage.
that's the thing though, we don't currently have what it takes to win it this season, we are simply not good enough yet. Still a WIP and I expect us to be mounting a serious challenge next season.

Wednesday night was a good performance but they were down to 10 men for the majority of the game so lets not get too carried away

As much as I hate the jakey pish stained tramps they won't lose 9 more points than we will over the remaining games.

Not even confident of taking 3 points on Sunday.This squad have a helluva lot to do to earn my trust after what has gone on in the past few months

has anyone else noticed its gone all quiet on the abusing refs front or even the media citing morelos for a red its almost gone back to being about football now they are a shoe in for the title

This ... every two days. Yes we could technically. No we won’t, we can’t string 4 results on the bounce. We can all see the form. It’s not just one game.

I personally think that Rangers will not grasp the league this year, I hope we win the Scottish cup and close the gap because I simply do not think Celtic deserve a title this year after the way they have played and the way they were dealt with at Ibrox,

Johnny Bravo - The league title is a huge priority, not the refs. The refs have always been an issue, the league title has been an issue for a long time and if 10 INAR happens which it won't, the sadness for the last 6/7 years will only get worse

It’s gone. We’d need to win both OF games and still hope they drop points. I can’t see us winning one of those OF games

We're not consistent enough to win all of our league games between now and the end of the season, which I think is what would be required. Celtic are not going to drop many points against other sides, particularly now they are out of Europe. We've just slipped a little too far behind.

Having said that, I'm not downhearted. I never really expected us to win the league this season. Whatever the points tally in the table says, we are a much better side than we were a year ago. Any disappointment at Celtic winning the title again really has to be tempered by recognising the progress we are making.

We blew the league when we lost at Rugby Park and for me, that one was down to the manager.

He was to blame for playing like amateurs, missing chances, squandering possession and generally embarrassing the jersey?
You must have been pissed on Wednesday night, eh?

The league is a complete long shot but all we can do is try to go on a run and be ready to capitalise if they slip up. Sadly I'm not convinced we can even do our part

So there's still a chance? Of course there's a fu.cking chance!

They are there for the taking and will drop points too.

They are Hank. But we need to be consistent & relentless for their bubble to burst.

If we win every game we WILL win the league. So let’s treat every one like we did Wednesday. That is a must.

Nothing has changed since last week. The Killie game has no bearing on the fact we have shown a complete inability to find the type of consistent winning form needed to overturn the 8/9 pts needed to go on and claim the title.

He was to blame for playing like amateurs, missing chances, squandering possession and generally embarrassing the jersey?
You must have been pissed on Wednesday night, eh?
If you want to debate like a grown up, then you`d better take a different approach - your attempts at sarcasm/humour certainly don`t do much for your image as a commentator on the game. The manager introduced two new signings into the team at Rugby Park for a crucial league game, neither of whom had played much football in the preceding months. He changed the team that had just produced our best performance of the season against "them" at Ibrox and baffled most football pundits, let alone Rangers supporters. If we follow your logic, managers can NEVER be to blame because ultimately, everything comes down to what players do on the park. You`re entitled to your opinion, but don`t come on here attacking people who don`t share it.

I personally do think the league race is over which was coming from some of you lovely bears however do not think we are out of it just yet, we still have to play Celtic and Celtic could lose points as they have done throughout the season.

Do you think we have what it takes in last months of the premiership.
Yes league is not done yet. We need that long awaited run of wins, I admit it more difficult this week than last but, yes we can win it.# keep believing

A canny see us doing it. Only shot we have is getting it down to 5 points or below beat them at Ibrox first game after the split and then it’s game on. With 4 games too go. But we’ve not shown al season tht we can go on a winning run need to start from sunday

Not for me, I put money on us and Leeds to both win their leagues at 8-1, I cashed out 2 weeks ago, hopefully next season

Back