Heart and Hand Bisgrove Interview

To some extent, Bisgrove’s job is a thankless one from us. His job is, quite literally, to extract as much money out of the support as possible. Either directly from us, or indirectly by selling influence (brand exposure and advertising) or data about us. That’s not going to win him many friends amongst the support.

His interview today is full of all the things you’d expect. He spoke well and credibly across a range of topics. And some people have reacted exactly as you’d expect them too. The reality is that he’s neither perfect nor abysmal. The whole interview though does just highlight the communication gap.

Be open and honest about the state of the ticketing platform. Give a timeframe for improvement. If we’re locked into a spiv-signed contract then when does it end? If it was an agreement signed after regime change, but which we’ve outgrown, again tell us that and tell us when we can expect improvement.

Likewise regarding merchandise agreements, customer service, Edminston House and myriad other things. All the things that were broken and will take time to remedy after two decades of underinvestment. We don’t need a running commentary, but talk to us like adults - at the AGMs, interim reports, etc. The flood of communication in the past week, after things had built to an angry crescendo, is too reactive. One hopes the board has learned it’s lesson.

Love to know the income from RTV compares to the super duper Sky deal we have imposed on us.
If you listen to the interview and it’s position in that list of items he read out and their values, I think it is safe to assume it probably is.

Doubt he knows how to work the ovens in the kitchens the caterers use but not really pertinent.

20000 applications for an away ticket with maybe 1500 available. As he explains they are trying to do it as fair as they can to encourage loyalty but also not creating a closed shop.

Don't get a ticket it's just tough really.
There is no right or wrong way for
Tickets, people mostly just want whatever system suits them the most.

Thought the interview was pretty interesting. It would have been good to get some more clarity on a few things but in a 20/30 minute sit down, was never going to be the level of detail to satisfy transparency entirely.

The mygers ticket stuff, is as much of an issue in relation to communication than the actual system itself. 20k applications for less than 2k tickets is going to see the majority miss out - if they could clearly communicate how and why tickets are allocated, at least fans would know.

In his remit of commercial and marketing director, he's done a very good job. Some errors (crypto/Australia etc) but as he said, we made something like £7ml in 18 months from the crypto partnership.

I do have sympathy with the club in respect to away tickets.

The supply will never meet the demand.

I'm sure we have sold every away ticket since we went down the leagues.

Not many clubs have 20,000 applying.for away tickets.
We didn’t sell out St Johnstone in early 2020.

I do have sympathy with the club in respect to away tickets.

The supply will never meet the demand.

I'm sure we have sold every away ticket since we went down the leagues.

Not many clubs have 20,000 applying.for away tickets.
It started off at 2k once in Lower league

Some of the reactions in here to this just sum up our biggest issue right now.

Too many people are absolutely revelling in moaning.

Yes, there's been mistakes made and things still to fix, but the majority of that interview was positive and a real validation of the job Bisgrove has done in terms of our marketing income. The figures there are a real

But people are focused on a mistake about tickets for the Piggery, an unforeseen issue that other clubs have had with regards Sportemongo and crypto companies in general, and just making up nonsense to moan about.

Honestly, what's the point in all the negativity? What purpose does it serve?
I’d say it’s still deserved for the shambles we have been served up recently. Unnecessary negativity does my tits in but it’s unfortunately a byproduct of years of misinformation / lack of information.

It’s not £4m, it’s way more than that.

Anything with mygers points included are intrinsically linked to it. For example, RTV - how many bought it purely for the points?

I’d say add ons probably double it’s revenue for the club
The content is way better than it used to be. I bought it as want to see club material and got it through mygers discount. I do want to see a mygers members area on the website for content and ares for mygers juniors. Then as RTV progresses put into a studio format. Emma Dodds and Neil Mccann be brilliant on a midweek show.

Personally I have no interest in the points bit, I'm looking for more what can I use the membership on. Ie RTV, restraunt, Stadium tours.

RTV has its own company running it so it's not added onto the mygers funds as you say. (Think it's RTV media or something along those lines).

Bisgrove knows all about tickets when it comes to recategorising ticket income to commercial income to pad his figures.

Few have pulled the wool over Rangers fans more than this schyster.

A few deals with official toilet roll partners and official yo-yo suppliers doesn’t account for what he claims to have brought in. He’s just recategorised income we already have.

Something very Murray-like about him and that is not a compliment.
Tell us about your business knowledge ?

Sadly, a lot of fans fall into the trap of knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. Ask the domestic support if they preferred away games 5 years ago with CCCS and RSCs or just now with MyGers and next to no transparency. Rangers is far more than just another business.

Sadly, a lot of fans fall into the trap of knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. Ask the domestic support if they preferred away games 5 years ago with CCCS and RSCs or just now with MyGers and next to no transparency. Rangers is far more than just another business.
Obviously I preferred not having to buy all sorts of shit I didn’t need but issues with mygers are also compounded with us losing over 20000 away tickets a season due to allocation cuts

Obviously I preferred not having to buy all sorts of shit I didn’t need but issues with mygers are also compounded with us losing over 20000 away tickets a season due to allocation cuts
It's up to the club to sort it. No reason we shouldn't be lobbying the SPFL to have minimum allocations at all away games. I would include us in that, it might be controversial, but I wouldn't mind seeing Euro allocations for domestic teams if they give us the same. I also think a lot more tickets are going to club/sponsor use than before.

It's up to the club to sort it. No reason we shouldn't be lobbying the SPFL to have minimum allocations at all away games. I would include us in that, it might be controversial, but I wouldn't mind seeing Euro allocations for domestic teams if they give us the same. I also think a lot more tickets are going to club/sponsor use than before.
Covered this earlier, there is.

Cccs used to be 50%. Mygers split is now between 40-45% for most games

Club use used to be 20%. Club use is now 35-40% for games

RSC used to get 30%. RSCs now get 20%, sometimes less

All those commercial partners will expect tickets as part of their deal with the club. Club use won't mean all kept for internal staff.

He’s almost quadrupled it. It was £8m when he arrived - with a previous all time high of £13m. It’s now almost £30m.
He's not the only one that's quadrupled it. I would suggest the fans have played a much bigger part than given credit for. We are "money machines" for this board.

That’s because we appear to be trying to resemble an F1 shirt & selling by the square inch of fabric

All those commercial partners will expect tickets as part of their deal with the club. Club use won't mean all kept for internal staff.
Fully aware of that bud.

Bar72 becoming hospitality has meant corporate numbers have increased. Club partners have also increased. They need more tickets to provide for contractual agreements/corporate ST holders

I don’t think any tickets, not even 1 singular ticket, should ever go to a member of staff outwith playing squad/management team

Fully aware of that bud.

Bar72 becoming hospitality has meant corporate numbers have increased. Club partners have also increased. They need more tickets to provide for contractual agreements/corporate ST holders

I don’t think any tickets, not even 1 singular ticket, should ever go to a member of staff outwith playing squad/management team
I hope the SportemonGo tickets now go to fans!

He's not the only one that's quadrupled it. I would suggest the fans have played a much bigger part than given credit for. We are "money machines" for this board.

He used the term “fan engagement” within the first couple of minutes. AKA rinsing the fans for every £ they can get.

He fully credits the supporters in the interview for continually spending.

Fully aware of that bud.

Totally agree. if they are in MyGers then fine. otherwise join the queue. I’d include the slo in that

He does call that out early, tbh.

I do think at times we’ve shifted our mentality to view Rangers as a charity. Certainly far more so than pre 2012.

It’s evident in the sympathetic view on ticket prices for many. £180 for the CL is poor, very poor.

Totally agree. if they are in MyGers then fine. otherwise join the queue. I’d include the slo in that
Don’t think he needs a ticket? But I wouldn’t include him or Scott in that as they’re required to be there for work

He does call that out early, tbh.

I do think at times we’ve shifted our mentality to view Rangers as a charity. Certainly far more so than pre 2012.

It’s evident in the sympathetic view on ticket prices for many. £180 for the CL is poor, very poor.
I am the biggest hypocrite on the forum due to my crying but they could literally sell a piece of horse shit and it would sell out if there was mygers points available

Share issue came up, willingly wrote off the price of ST as a gift. People didn’t take refunds due. Buying programmes as a donation etc; it’s exactly as you say

The interview wasn’t perfect but out of the 3 who’s spoke out, he is the only 1 who has not only taking responsibility for mistakes but what they’re doing about it.

His interview will age well or poorly depending on if he can match up to his promises. After listening, I’m confident that both catering & the online ticketing system will improve over the next year. The other parts are still up in the air.

He also makes a good point, the differences in supply & demand for away tickets means there’s no perfect system. Most fans though, when it comes down to it, just want a system that suits them.

The guy has been different class since he came in, a young single guy who will be on a decent wage and all some of them on here could go on about is the car he drove
Petty jealousy
Oh it’s wonderful mate, however is that being put back into the first team…… and so on.

You can’t have Robertson pleading poverty one week and Bisgrove telling us about the millions coming through the till, it’s just confusing

We can't have it both ways though , to increase turnover/profit the club need to maximise income. Unfortunately we don't play in top 5 league where they get mega TV monies.

If we want the club to compete ,we need to pay for it, the way the money is spent on the pitch is a different matter

Intrigued by the interview as Bisgrove indicated that a good chunk of tickets go to Gold members through MyGers but we have lots on here in Gold indicating that doesn’t happen.

Therefore this begs the question where are the majority of the tickets going, seems like the usual faces at every away game - closed shop? Handouts for the usual suspects?

Something just doesn’t add up.

Intrigued by the interview as Bisgrove indicated that a good chunk of tickets go to Gold members through MyGers but we have lots on here in Gold indicating that doesn’t happen.

Therefore this begs the question where are the majority of the tickets going, seems like the usual faces at every away game - closed shop? Handouts for the usual suspects?

Something just doesn’t add up.
What are you even asking here?

Mygers get between 40-45% of an overall allocation. Of that 40-45%, gold gets the biggest share and it’s a ballot between gold members

So far, no gold member has got more than 2 through mygers and most will be one 1 game. I wish gold were getting hand outs

How’s it a closed shop?

What are you even asking here?

Mygers get between 40-45% of an overall allocation. Of that 40-45%, gold gets the biggest share and it’s a ballot between gold members

So far, no gold member has got more than 2 through mygers and most will be one 1 game. I wish gold were getting hand outs

How’s it a closed shop?
Ah the gold my gers member who indicates it’s not a closed shop, love to see it.

Ah the gold my gers member who indicates it’s not a closed shop, love to see it.
It’s literally not a closed shop. If people buy every add on, they’d eventually be gold and there’s existing gold members that haven’t been buying them

Next season should see a bit of movement with golds dropping to silver and silvers being promoted to gold

Back