Heart and Hand daily update

There's no way this season is more important than last, not a chance.
They win 10 in a row and they would have kicked on while we would have been faced with a huge rebuild.

Supporters building up this "biggest season in 10 years" thing so they can have a meltdown if we don't win the title (which was always going to be a 50-50 chance in Scotland at best) probably isn't going to help matters. Same as the guys who run with "Gerrard only won 1 trophy out of 9" because that's something to moan about instead of acknowledging the good.

The idea that this season is more important that last is just laughable.

Assuming if we don't win the title you'll be on here screeching about how this was the biggest season for a decade and GVB blew a massive lead and Europe doesn't even matter anyway?
Many believe allowing Separate Entity a £30m plus head start on us this summer is not a good idea.

"I worry about the seeds we are sowing as a support. The nihilistic response since the friendly announcement appears to be a “burn it down” mindset on everything & anything – there’s only one club who win from that & it ain’t Rangers. We saw them do the very same last year"

This is exactly where I am. The friendly decision was utter stupidity but I'm also acutely aware this is an opportunity for those with axes to grind to ramp up the grievance machine.

Some of our fans just absolutely adore to be seen to be squaring off against 'the man'.

It’s the easiest thing to shout ‘change’. We’ve even seen it already with the manager. The harder part is change to what and how much time/leeway that is allowed before ‘change’ again is shouted.

This is where I am.

The Board should just tell us the friendly can't be cancelled without a significant penalty (if that's the reason), thus we're going. Admit their misjudgement and try to move on.

Dropped points vs. the yahoos at Ibrox and a semi-final loss and this thing will explode. The biggest mistake they've made is the silence.
Take the significant penalty

it is one of the finest examples of black propaganda / psyops you'll see. did it's originally intended job and has had a series of spin offs that could have a disaterous effect on our season and club.

a masterpiece of the genre.
As usual our board are too nice to even recognise they've been stitched up again but as I'm not, can I suggest to them how to play it if they want to get some payback with interest and don't mind getting down in the sewer...

First, they need a vehicle for a very public debate with the support that the media can't ignore.

Get a stooge to suggest to Club 1872 to call an EGM with the stated aim of pulling out the friendly tournament.

Board prepared response. "We recommend voting against the resolution."

Media turn up to live tweet slavering at the mouth expecting some epic bloodletting at our expense.

Open meeting. Restate above position. "Why don't you want us to play them? Its worth lots of cash"

Invite audience for input before taking vote. Call stooge on the floor: "Because they are paedophile harbouring scum bags. Playing them is tacitly condoning their behaviour"

"We're shocked you think that. They've made some very sincere denials and we would point out that they haven't been found responsible for anything untoward in court. Of course, if they are found to be responsible and it turns out they are guilty of enabling a massive paedophile ring to prey upon children for generations, rehiring the perpetrators and then conspiring to conceal it through numerous sham investigations and tawdry legal manoeuvring we would not only expect the tournament organisers to withdraw their invitation but all right thinking members of society would expect uefa and the sfa to kick them out of football entirely and the police to investigate whether those cover-ups constituted criminal offences. Anything less would be condoning the rape of children. Indeed, any decent person with connections to that club would have to consider whether it was appropriate to maintain those ties."

Take vote. Close meeting. Stay classy - resist the urge to drop the mic.

Over to you intrepid mainstream journalists. Once you've finished accusing us of cheap point scoring you don't really have a choice but to follow the story and ask the question to the organisations and people we've just called out.

Somehow I don't think this is on Stewart Robertson's to-do list. And he's right - it's too serious a subject to use for point scoring but at some point I wish we would show everyone that we aren't scared to press the nuclear button. Might make the atmosphere at the Piggery a bit tasty though:)

The question is how much will that cost us?

Not that easy to address, we need an out
Did we not have an out the day it was announced? That we don’t want to be associated in any way with a club that is in court over child abuse allegations. Such associations will harm our brand. We were not made aware of the pending court case prior to signing the deal, so the deals off.

Am guessing here and could be way off the mark but with David saying today that it was a Rangers fans who spoke to daily record and pushed them towards trying to cancel fan media....

then I reckon someone who was involved in writing a statement today might have been involved.

Just a guess

Many believe allowing Separate Entity a £30m plus head start on us this summer is not a good idea.
Its a terrible idea but football is football. The idea that we can declare a season "most important for 10 years" then demand success on the pitch and then see that success materialise is just delusional.

It's obvious that our support have a massive problem with overreacting to setbacks and also with creating doomsday scenarios in our heads.

The simple fact is that we can't control what happens on the pitch.

I think almost nobody wants this friendly to go ahead but it's getting to the point where the reaction is damaging and its becoming an overreaction to be honest.

The board see an opportunity to make an easy few million. So they go for it. Definitely they would have thought many fans won't like it and many will disagree with the decision but the reaction is just embarrassing at this point.

Football is f*cked these days and with the money involved you can already see moves to do things like have EPL games played in America etc. It was only a matter of time before it reached us.

Are tims complaining about this friendly at all? Or are they against the friendly but looking at our reaction and thinking "let them fight among themselves"?

Whether is "this is the most important season for 10 years" or "Gerrard only won 1 out of 9" or "Gio must go" at the first sign of bother we obviously have a problem with supporters not being able to handle any kind of negative outcome sensibly.

Which makes no goddamn sense considering where we were from the summer of 2011 until Gerrard arrived in summer 2018.

If we get through to the Champions League somehow I fully expect to see people going mental on here when 40 million isn't being spent on players and next time we are struggling "where is the 40 million" will be the new catchphrase from the same old names.

As it stands it feels like we are watching the whole thing fall apart before our eyes.

Am guessing here and could be way off the mark but with David saying today that it was a Rangers fans who spoke to daily record and pushed them towards trying to cancel fan media....

then I reckon someone who was involved in writing a statement today might have been involved.

Just a guess
Unfortunately we have a lot of fellow supporters who are angry or jealous or whatever about YouTubers and podders etc.

Kind of a "who do they think they are" thing.

There are people who follow this club who just seem perpetually angry and always looking for someone or something to lash out at.

Its sickening to me that a Rangers supporter was the one who contacted the Daily Record and helped them build that narrative.

Not some moonhowling tim. One of our own.

This was at a time when we were doing OK in the season (a few points clear?) and just getting going. So it's obvious now that with this current escalation the stupid f*cking friendly is being used to make a situation even worse.

The club statement is appalling too. Why didnt they just say nothing?

Unfortunately we have a lot of fellow supporters who are angry or jealous or whatever about YouTubers and podders etc.

Kind of a "who do they think they are" thing.

There are people who follow this club who just seem perpetually angry and always looking for someone or something to lash out at.

Its sickening to me that a Rangers supporter was the one who contacted the Daily Record and helped them build that narrative.

Not some moonhowling tim. One of our own.

This was at a time when we were doing OK in the season (a few points clear?) and just getting going. So it's obvious now that with this current escalation the stupid f*cking friendly is being used to make a situation even worse.

The club statement is appalling too. Why didnt they just say nothing?

Club statement is an embarrassment.

Got a wee chuckle at the (Chris Graham) club 1872 statement having digs about club releasing info to a select few (fan media) when hes had the benefit of getting info fed to him for years.

He's acting like a jilted ex burd, Club 1872 are in it for themselves that much is clear.

We must genuinely be one of the worst supports out there for pointless infighting and snideyiness to each other, honest to fck.
Always have been and most likely always will be.

The only time we're truly united is when we're 3-0 up with 5 mins to play against Celtic, and even then that unity only lasts about an hour.

Why do people think this carry on today is anything to do with fan protests at games?

Nothing in this H&H update is about fans protesting.

Its about club 1872 starting a fight with the club and the club responding with a stupid statement.
Spot on.
Both sides have failed and failed in a truly spectacular fashion to "read the room"

Shame on them all.

As usual our board are too nice to even recognise they've been stitched up again but as I'm not, can I suggest to them how to play it if they want to get some payback with interest and don't mind getting down in the sewer...

First, they need a vehicle for a very public debate with the support that the media can't ignore.

Get a stooge to suggest to Club 1872 to call an EGM with the stated aim of pulling out the friendly tournament.

Media turn up to live tweet slavering at the mouth expecting some epic bloodletting at our expense.

Open meeting. Restate above position. "Why don't you want us to play them? Its worth lots of cash"

Invite audience for input before taking vote. Call stooge on the floor: "Because they are paedophile harbouring scum bags. Playing them is tacitly condoning their behaviour"

"We're shocked you think that. They've made some very sincere denials and we would point out that they haven't been found responsible for anything untoward in court. Of course, if they are found to be responsible and it turns out they are guilty of enabling a massive paedophile ring to prey upon children for generations, rehiring the perpetrators and then conspiring to conceal it through numerous sham investigations and tawdry legal manoeuvring we would not only expect the tournament organisers to withdraw their invitation but all right thinking members of society would expect uefa and the sfa to kick them out of football entirely and the police to investigate whether those cover-ups constituted criminal offences. Anything less would be condoning the rape of children. Indeed, any decent person with connections to that club would have to consider whether it was appropriate to maintain those ties."

Over to you intrepid mainstream journalists. Once you've finished accusing us of cheap point scoring you don't really have a choice but to follow the story and ask the question to the organisations and people we've just called out.

Somehow I don't think this is on Stewart Robertson's to-do list. And he's right - it's too serious a subject to use for point scoring but at some point I wish we would show everyone that we aren't scared to press the nuclear button. Might make the atmosphere at the Piggery a bit tasty though:)

Could,nt agree more with the sentiment of this statement the elephant in the room is there blatant disregard for childrens welfare and its all well and good them blaming it on the past but its there present custodians of that scummy paedophile harbouring club that are responsible for there seperate entity defence at the moment .As a side issue if you were asked to go to an event whether that be a wedding funeral or some other family gathering and you knew the person had either molested children or knew about it and did %^*& all would you even go never mind sit beside them i think not .Get a grip Rangers get a fucking backbone and call it out .

Just a guess
A certain someone who suggested in their statement they had a good working relationship with journalists. Could that certain journalist have a good working relationship with a certain Dave King.

I am not entirely certain :cool:

No, I think it has to be out. I'd imagine part of the contract means we have a duty to market it etc, the club can't stay in and just feign enthusiasm.

Nothing is worth this. Look at the silverware we could win this season and we're not far off crisis mode, it's madness.

I think it's being a bit of a reach to link what's at stake in terms of silverware with the politics that are playing out behind the scenes. Assuming that's what you meant.

The footballing operation at every top-level club is sacrosanct. Most of our players won't even be aware of what's going on, far less care. These guys operate in a different mindset and live in a bubble.

Sunday, when the fans made an attempt to sabotage the team's momentum during a match, is a different matter. But that is hopefully an aberration.

Sure, it's nice when everybody is pulling in the direction, but Rangers isn't the only club out there that's battling internal strife. We won a league title when the bloody bank was calling the shots. To cite this nonsense as a reason for any on-pitch failure is just excuse making.

In some way, I hope the silence is because of behind-the-scenes machinations. That might be overly optimistic, though.

I find myself agreeing with Andy McGowan from H&H:

As ever, the Sage is spot on, however as an unashamed money man, he must also realise that when you squeeze your customers til the pips squeak, you absolutley cannot make them feel like fools.

Oz is very close to a Ratners moment for us. The crypto, Castore, MyGers, NFTs, Euro prices and continual strategic mis-steps (SFA war, Sellik piss taking, still no friends at other clubs, Gerrard offski mid-season etc) make people think they are being fleeced by a board that don't quite know what they are doing. We all get they keep the lights on, we just want to feel a tiny bit appreciated, listened to and led by people we trust.

There is a trust issue with the board, DK can see it and is driving a bus through it.

Any Rangers fan talking to the Record needs a stern talking to from fellow bears. And I say this as someone who has family members working for SMS papers and who vouch for some journalists.
I know one of the DR journalists quite well.

Have done for 30 years since uni.

He's a good guy and a bluenose. Also in the tartan army so maybe not as good as I thought

It's shocking when you realise that even the bitterest of bitter tims were fine just leave these lads alone but one of our own "supporters" felt the need to go to the press.

Didn't cjnovo992 on YouTube also say something like a lot of the abuse he gets online comes from our own supporters too?

I'd guess there are a lot of folks out there jealous of the H&H lads but to actively go out and try to ruin their careers or even their lives is just disgusting.
Its no surprise whenn you see some of the abuse our own players get online.

Great.

I think it's unfortunately endemic in the majority of bears to give the mutants
leeway because they are indeed mentally challenged and the only criticism in that approach is that we include their leaders in that assessment. Without
doubt those leaders have a dirty-tricks department and we need to employ
the same to try to anticipate their intentions.

No laughing at the back, from those saying "we don't even have the right people in place to sort our day-to-day priorities without thinking about Them"
- it doesn't have to be a paid job, just listen to loyal and experienced bears.
H & H gets my vote.

(Btw, I acknowledge that in your detailed post you've not "shown your hand"
to lurkers because 'getting inside their heads, making them see the gloves are off' is part of the process) :))

As ever, the Sage is spot on, however as an unashamed money man, he must also realise that when you squeeze your customers til the pips squeak, you absolutley cannot make them feel like fools.

Oz is very close to a Ratners moment for us. The crypto, Castore, MyGers, NFTs, Euro prices and continual strategic mis-steps (SFA war, Sellik piss taking, still no friends at other clubs, Gerrard offski mid-season etc) make people think they are being fleeced by a board that don't quite know what they are doing. We all get they keep the lights on, we just want to feel a tiny bit appreciated, listened to and led by people we trust.

There is a trust issue with the board, DK can see it and is driving a bus through it.

The Australia decision is a huge misstep but it's not malicious. In any other footballing world, it would be quite natural to play a rival for a big payday.

Unfortunately we have to deal with Celtic - and that's my biggest concern over the Board; their repeated naivety when dealing with their yahoo counterparts. I would hope this is the point when they realise that you cannot do business with them.

Everything else, I broadly agree with. The only thing saving the Board right now is our current competitiveness on the field. Dropped points and/or a loss at Hampden and things become very awkward.

Last edited:
I agree with fan protests and banners though as I said on flagship this week I disagreed with the timing of the 2nd half one. No issue whatsoever with the purpose of the protest, just a mild tactical disagreement.

My point was that a fight between Park and King could wait till the summer, which I think the vast majority of listeners understood.

People saying disagreeing with Statement Week equates to being anti-supporter protest are either at it or just plain wrong.

Back