Hearts fans twirling their scarfs

That sounds like a good idea. I like how in Germany they all have the big massive flags waving around. Didn't we used to do something like that? I'd definitely be up for waving a big old Union Jack with Ryan Jack in the middle.
Great looking spectacle....unless you are standing behind one for 90 mins.

I like to see old footage when the fans would throw their bunnets in the air at a goal. Imagine trying to retrieve yours in 134K packed Hampden!!

Loved doing it to that european tune we used to sing during our unbeaten CL run in 92/93.

I can never remember the name of the song but it’s the one that goes “ Duuruuuu, Duriruruuu ruuu ruuu, Duuruuu ruuu-ruuu-ruuu, ruuruuu ru ru ruuu ru ruuu ru ruuuuuu”

spine tingling wish we would bring it back

I like to see old footage when the fans would throw their bunnets in the air at a goal. Imagine trying to retrieve yours in 134K packed Hampden!!
hats-off.jpg

I remember first seeing Hearts doing it in a match at Ibrox, probably in the season their bottle went and gifted the league to the scum, 85/86. I'm pretty sure they won the match and we were taking the piss out of them for doing it but secretly it did look pretty impressive. Not long afterwards the Bears started doing it too and it looked fabulous, especially in the really big games like matches v them and cup finals. I can't remember when we stopped doing it or why.

The song that used to be sang at the same time would likely get us in to bother these days. Used to love doing it. I can remember a game at Hampden against them when it was the old open north terrace. they had their scarves up doing YNWA and the other side of the fence most of the Rangers fans did our thing with the scarves singing ole lay ole lay ole lay ole lay song.

MLB playoffs 60,000 fans all twirling team colors.Impressive sight.would love to see it at Ibrox again.:))

The song that used to be sang at the same time would likely get us in to bother these days. Used to love doing it. I can remember a game at Hampden against them when it was the old open north terrace. they had their scarves up doing YNWA and the other side of the fence most of the Rangers fans did our thing with the scarves singing ole lay ole lay ole lay ole lay song.

How would it ? It was a European tune we did

I'd rather the full Rangers end doing it than some fck wit letting off a smoke bomb or Pyro.

Used to be a Great spectacle.

Who also remembers the old Piggery and the Bears launching Bog roll and Confetti.

Hearts fans have always done the scarf twirling can remember them doing it at Ibrox in the early 70,s thousands of them in the east enclosure great sight and very much a gorgie tradition we did it too but it’s associated with the jam tarts

Some baseball teams fans twirl wee towel things and look stupid.

Not against the scarf thing but dint wear scarves that often.

Much preferred when we held our scarves aloft and sang 'Derry's Walls' to the tune of 'Amazing Grace', back in the early 70's
Derry's Walls sung slowly to that tune is something else, wish that would come back and would be a great riposte to the mentally challengeds doing YNWA.

I recall doing this against the scum in the league cup final as recently as 2003. Just as they were singing YNWA and held up their scarfs, the entire rangers support twirled their scarfs!

I was sitting at the very top of the west stand and it looked glorious

It would also encourage fans to buy (from an official club outlet hopefully) and bring their scarfs to games, adds to the occasion.

Back