Hearts threaten to suspend players wages if they dont accept 50% cut

Just my opinion but I think in these circumstances they all should accept the 50% cut - I would at my work, absolutely.

This is going to happen to all clubs up here, just a matter of time. And the longer the Football is suspended, the deeper the cuts will be..

If they finish the league now and relegate Hearts they are done for and most of the bigger earners will be out the door. No doubt the yahoos will be trying everything they can to structure some deal where they are awarded the title and Hearts stay up with a cash incentive thrown in.

Surely she can furlow them at 2.5k a month?
They are not employees they are contractors and will be paid through service companies. The players are likely to earn £7500 pa to avoid NI and take the rest in dividends at a flat 18% tax rate. They can furrow themselves no problem and get 80% of their declared paye wage from their holding company

They are not employees they are contractors and will be paid through service companies. The players are likely to earn £7500 pa to avoid NI and take the rest in dividends at a flat 18% tax rate. They can furrow themselves no problem and get 80% of their declared paye wage from their holding company
Are you sure about this?? I was under the impression they were all employees and paid PAYE accordingly.

Are you sure about this?? I was under the impression they were all employees and paid PAYE accordingly.

If they were simple employees the. They would have continuity of employment so the club wouldn’t be able to move them on/sell them. They sign limited time contracts and are not straight up employees of the club

All this mud slinging is going to result in the players not trying a leg if the league is resumed

Jambos can be more deluded than tims at times, there’s a few of them that think Man City have agreed to buy Hickey for £2million and the only delay was Hickey’s Dad meeting agents to get the best deal haha. Just think about that for a second, on what planet is any club paying £2million for a defender playing for the worst club in the Scottish top flight? I’d take him on a free, he’d be good back up for our reserves.

At the same time as Hearts are trying to terminate players contracts and chuck them on the dole, FIFA are looking at extending players contracts automatically beyond the 30 June expiry date (in most cases) with the double purpose of helping finish this season (no chance) and giving the players the added job security. Lets face it, if they are paid off then they've nowhere to go until this crisis is finished.

I'm not going to be overly sympathetic towards players who've been earning big bucks but lower down the pay structure you are putting guys out a job with no opportunity for them to find employment, as a footballer, elsewhere. The FIFA approach and the Hearts approach are at odds with each other and it could well bite them on the arse if FIFA say the players are entitled to an extra month or two on their contracts.

A correction across the board in terms of finances and funding from the highest in the land down to those at the bottom is envitable with the banks getting jittery about the massive debts owed to them.

I'm not disagreeing with you and it is entirely possible that some players have this arrangement, or something.

However are you saying that every football player receives their pay in this way.

I'd like to see EPL superstars offer to pay wages of people who may lose their jobs at their clubs or even 'sponser' a club lower down the system .

Jambos can be more deluded than tims at times, there’s a few of them that think Man City have agreed to buy Hickey for £2million and the only delay was Hickey’s Dad meeting agents to get the best deal haha. Just think about that for a second, on what planet is any club paying £2million for a defender playing for the worst club in the Scottish top flight? I’d take him on a free, he’d be good back up for our reserves.

You don't have to be in the best league or team to be a player that can develop into a top drawer player. Andy Robertson's career path speaks to that.

SSN saying there is some sort of clause that all teams in the Scottish league can trigger where wages for players can be suspended if the league is suspended.

Hearts within their rights to do this but playing a dangerous game with players.

Last edited:
If they were simple employees the. They would have continuity of employment so the club wouldn’t be able to move them on/sell them. They sign limited time contracts and are not straight up employees of the club
No offence mate but that is nonsense

giphy.gif

Richard Gordon is looking good.

The business is effectively shut down for the foreseeable and the employees don’t need to agree in writing- they are told they are being furloughed until there is work available for them. I don’t know how it would work if someone challenged it. Most of the guys in our work are just glad to be getting most of their wages but then we aren’t getting the same kind of pay as a footballer in the SPL
Yeah same with me in my work but i did have to agree to a temporary change in contract gor the furlough to be applied i wondered if anyone had of said no would they have to offer you a redundancy offer

I can see this thread taking a complete about turn when it starts to hit us and we make a similar announcement

Back