Hearts unsold semi final tickets

Here's what they have left as of 6am this morning....
Screenshot_20240410-061928.png

You constantly see folk on here defending Hearts. I work with a number of their fans and they all hate us. They hate the tims as well but I get the impression most of the time that they hate us more. %^*& them, they are a joke like the rest of the clubs in Scotland who'd rather risk putting themselves out of business than see us take more tickets at Hampden or their own grounds.

They are a rival football club, they aren't really supposed to like us, it's not a shock statement to hear they hate us, people already know that.

Hearts selling most of their allocation for Hampden and having a pretty close to full attendance most home games won't be the cause of them going out of business

How can you pay up front for tickets if you don’t know how many concession / child tickets you will be selling?

Although unlikely, if Hearts were left with tickets for a section could they not then give the tickets away to school kids and then pay a lower amount?

I'm not sure but there seemed to be a suggestion that a price is agreed with the SFA. Giving them away will still cost them and won't ensure they get the support.
What's weird is the location of the un-allocated tickets when you look at the map shown from 6am this morning.
How can you pay up front for tickets if you don’t know how many concession / child tickets you will be selling?

Although unlikely, if Hearts were left with tickets for a section could they not then give the tickets away to school kids and then pay a lower amount?

I do think all clubs should at least be offered a 50/50 split at these games but only on the condition that any unsold tickets then be offered to the other team in situations like this

Wouldnt be surprised to see tickets being handed out through Edinburgh schools , if Hearts are going to pay for them better to try and catch some young fans
Certainly interesting what happens given the seating plan shown in the thread

i don't think they already paid for them just agreed to pay for unsold tickets from the allocation

How they work that out might be down to the agreement with the Scottish FA?

You say they look down on us because loyal fans are locked out for people going to a game who don't normally go?

The FA Cup semi coming up between Man U and Coventry will have thousands of loyal Man U fans locked out because there will be thousands in the Coventry end who never go normally.

Same thing, no?
At least Coventry will sell all their al!ocation.

Happens all the bloody time, wee teams moan about getting 50/50 then can't sell their allocation. It's about time the SFA acted on it

They are a rival football club, they aren't really supposed to like us, it's not a shock statement to hear they hate us, people already know that.
That wasn't the point he was making. He was talking about out the more naive section of our support who somehow still think Hearts are our good Loyalist, Proddie, Unionist cousins . Who think Hearts are an Edinburgh version of Rangers.

That wasn't the point he was making. He was talking about out the more naive section of our support who somehow still think Hearts are our good Loyalist, Proddie, Unionist cousins . Who think Hearts are an Edinburgh version of Rangers.

It’s absolutely bizarre that people ever thought that.

Imagine clubs trying look after they own fans

We know it shouldn't be happening, but at the same time we always told these should buying the allocation - Hearts have done it
I totally understand the need for clubs to look after their own fans. However, they also have a duty to grow the game, maximise revenue and sell Scottish Football. For me, it comes down to the values of those in charge, particularly the SPFL and the SFA.

Hearts should have been offered a 50/50 split, and sold section by section. If they didn’t like it, they are told the decision was made based on ensuring as many supporters as possible get in to watch the game. Sadly, the hatred just pulls our game apart, costs money and makes us look tinpot.

Reactions: JCL
The fact that 5+ loyalty points allowed them to buy TWO tickets is a joke in itself when season ticket holders at Ibrox can’t get one.
So they might have sold 16,000 but that could have been 8,000 regular attendees buying one for themselves and another for a mate that never goes.
Yet they demand 50/50 split and get it.
They are entitled to a 50/50 split. Like it or not it's a neutral venue and if they manage to shift their 21k tickets, no matter how they do it, then they've shown they were more than right to demand 50/50.

I totally understand the need for clubs to look after their own fans. However, they also have a duty to grow the game, maximise revenue and sell Scottish Football. For me, it comes down to the values of those in charge, particularly the SPFL and the SFA.

Hearts should have been offered a 50/50 split, and sold section by section. If they didn’t like it, they are told the decision was made based on ensuring as many supporters as possible get in to watch the game. Sadly, the hatred just pulls our game apart, costs money and makes us look tinpot.
Yeah understand all I done pointed out how it happens all down to one area of the ground

Selling a 50/50 split in blocks they probably have never reached the North Stand

It's just so petty from Hearts. What difference does it make if Rangers have a few extra thousand fans there?

Utter stupidity from Hearts to be out of pocket for this, no wonder scottish football is in it's current state where 2 clubs dominate when other teams make decisions like this.

Hearts fan "oh here Jeanie, I can now get a 2nd ticket. Do you fancy going?" "Och why no. Don't like fitba, but a good day oot"

Meanwhile thousands of Rangers supporters who go every week .......

Wrong on so many levels
Spot on mate

Teams should always be allocated 50/50 in my opinion. If they decide at that point to only take a smaller percentage then fine. If they take the full amount then they pay for them all

All teams should be treated as equals in the semi final of a national cup competition imo. They have bought and paid for the tickets and have almost sold out. They don't want us to have numerical advantage over them in the stands and I can understand why.
I’d almost agree with that but, more important than the teams getting an equal split is for the authorities to be ensuring the stadium is full.
Hearts should have had their fifty percent allocated to them section by section with them receiving more as each section sold out.

I don’t agree with 50:50 splits. Hearts will say 60:40 is unfair. People with no history of going to games getting a ticket before loyal fans is totally wrong “just because it’s a big day oot”.

The bigger problem is the National Stadium capacity being 51,866 minus segregation minus hospitality.

A shit hole stadium before we get to that it doesn’t serve Rangers or Celtic well, before we even get to Rangers v Celtic games there.

The entire football game up here is tinpot on nearly every aspect and it needs massive change. The SFA took the Hearts money, they don’t give a shit who’s arse is on the seat and that person’s loyalty/contributions to the Scottish game.

Was talking to a Jambo in work yesterday. Guy he got his ticket from has 8 different accounts that met their threshold to get 2 tickets each on.
Their capacity isn’t even the amount of tickets they received for this game, far less their average attendance. The fact they’ll have 5000 or so unsold tickets whilst there’s Rangers fans who’d have snapped those tickets up in an instant and ensured a sell out is typical Scottish football.
Its a combination of diddy teams thinking they’re bigger than they actually are and this inherent bias that every other club has to basically screw Rangers & its support at every turn.

I’d almost agree with that but, more important than the teams getting an equal split is for the authorities to be ensuring the stadium is full.
Hearts should have had their fifty percent allocated to them section by section with them receiving more as each section sold out.
I think from their point of view they thought the best chance of selling most the tickets is buying the North batch and selling them instead of the east which has shiter views and to be fair they have sold the North out although I do agree with you and I think it will go back to that in the future.

Hearts selling most of their allocation for Hampden and having a pretty close to full attendance most home games won't be the cause of them going out of business
I totally get that, I just think the love in for them on here from a lot of people is a bit boke enducing when they hate us. People talk like they are our pals, when just like every other club in the league they'd happily throw us under the bus at any opportunity. That's all I'm saying.

Of course it won't cause them to go out of business, but I'm more having a dig at Scottish football in general when I make that point, that on the whole they'd rather risk going out of business than giving us anything, no matter how small the concession may be.

How are you getting this screen? Are you able to purchase tickets with less than 5 points now?
A contact. No still limited to 5 points. Here's the latest view. Some more sold but equally looks like some added back in too.

As said, it's a joke they didn't keep the North Stand sections close to segregation back until they were sold.

Screenshot_20240410-153454.png

Last edited:
Must admit I'm surprised to see Bears having no problem with thousands of empty seats that could have gone to other Bears desperate to see their team in a cup semi on the basis that it's OK, the SFA got paid.

Back