• McKinnon

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Simpson

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • McCausland/Weston

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Terrific performance by our B team. A good mix of experienced players struggled get a game and our best youths.

The future is bright indeed

Its always a worry whether the players will be good enough for the first team when you watch the B-teams. That was a great showing from the young lads today.

Adam Devine had an excellent game. Leon King slotted into left back quite nicely for a CH. Charlie McCann was solid and always made himself available. Alex Lowry with a goal and an assist you cant ask for much more than that he affected the game. I don't think Tony Weston got enough time to show what he's capable of, still a bit light yet give it a year. Ross McAuslin looks like he will be a decent prospect again in a year or two on the right wing and what can you say about that finish for the winner from Cole McKinnon?

Great to see Father Clancy refereeing today's game - surely that at least rules him out of the final.

He'll be off to Septic Park now with Robertson and The Green Linesmen. They should get an award for their rogue contribution that made the difference!

Devine major step up compared to midweek.

Lowry much more efficient than midweek too.
Lowry has the magic.
He obviously wants to showcase himself, but with experience, he will learn that he does this much more effectively by backing his teammates as well as himself.
That said, we have a future star on our hands and next season can't come quick enough for the lad.

However, all the young lads slotted into their positions with ease and all of them understood how the team operated, that was probably the most satisfying aspect of the introduction of so many youth players.
The club are really functioning well and we have a structured way of playing that every player seems to understand fully.

Young Mackinnon's goal also deserves a mention.
That was Scotland's goalkeeper he was putting that shot past.
It was both well-struck and cleverly executed.
Another young player to look out for

Last edited:
Great to see Father Clancy refereeing today's game - surely that at least rules him out of the final.

He'll be off to Septic Park now with Robertson and The Green Linesmen. They should get an award for their rogue contribution that made the difference!
Every time we tackled we got a yellow wee Devlin has gone through the back of a few players no cards for him at all.

Willie Collum for the final.

That was a very pleasant watch. The future looks very bright with a number of very promising young players coming through. The likes of Lowry, King and McCann look 1st team ready. Young Devine looks a real prospect too. Then throw McCausland and McKinnon into the mix. Great news for the club that these youngsters are clearly progressing towards the 1st team, saving us having to go into the transfer market. Hopefully the star of the u-18s - Rory Wilson, can be signed up on a professional contract as he is a real talent too. What a difference heading into this final as opposed to Manchester when we were on our knees. Enjoy Seville my fellow Bears. Let's bring that trophy back home.

The way the young team moved the ball for number three right from the back to midfield, superb control by Lowry, out to the wing, another low pass, turn and goal. I suspect most of us wouldn’t have expected such a positive and clear result with 7 youngsters on the pitch against a strong looking Hertz side.

Don't know who decides on who referees games BUT had today been a Helicopter Saturday, Clancy would have made sure we were not winning.

Quite a coincidence how he appears when we least want him!

We have no positives from that today. I’m not up or down about the result but the performance should have been better. Having said that, we were never allowed to settle by an energetic and technically superior Rangers team.
That’s a fair assessment but i don’t think any player in either side who would likely be in the cup final team would be going at it hammer and tongs today. Only 3 bookings tells its own story lol

All the talk will be about the youngsters (and rightfully so) but we definitely shouldn't overlook Sands who I thought was very good. Especially up against an awkward opponent in Simms

Oh and as for all the responses to my question about Lowry I can definitely see the Modric comparisons that several people made
Modric is a good shout. He also reminds me of Steve McManaman, or even, dare I say it, an athletic version of Charlie Adam :))

I enjoyed the fact they didn´t get as many blue pounds as normal and looking at the poor Hertz support not many maroon pounds either

Enjoyed that today. Good to see the youngsters getting some game time. Certainly held their own. Looks like we have lots of potential cover coming along for all positions.

Out of curiosity, seeing we had so many B team playing. What was the average age of our team today?

Well done the young Bears!

Must confess I had second thoughts about getting up this morning (7AM KO here) but i'm glad I did.

Great performances throughout the side and a bit of spine shown to comeback from Hearts opener. Today can only bode well for next week.

MOTM: Itten, Davis and Ramsey were rock solid and provided that bit of experience for the youngsters to build on. It was a wonderful goal crafted by McAusland and McKinnon, butt Devine, who was flawless throughout, and especially Alex Lowry were the pick of the bunch

WATP!

p.s. I cant think of any other manager in recent times who would have played so many youngsters at the same time, albeit in a dead rubber, a week ahead of a cup final against the same opponents. Well done to Gio for giving the boys a chance. His faith in them was repaid in full.
You started drinking already? Ramsey was terrible.

That’s a fair assessment but i don’t think any player in either side who would likely be in the cup final team would be going at it hammer and tongs today. Only 3 bookings tells its own story lol
No argument against that, disappointing to see Boyce going off so early though. Just general bad decision-making was more my problem. Sibbick caught far too many times.

Terrible Jeez he had a very good game and totally cruised it I actually think some people just cannot see how football is played ..mind boggling
His second touch was a tackle the whole game. Lowry outshone him. I think people are totally blinded by the name with Ramsey.

His second touch was a tackle the whole game. Lowry outshone him. I think people are totally blinded by the name with Ramsey.
No blinded by anything he was very good was involved in most of our attacking play he strolled it and his name has nothing to do with how I watch football if he was poor I would say he was poor,he never broke sweat and didn’t need to.

Considering it was a meaningless end of season game I really enjoyed that. The young lads oozed confidence and were comfortable on the ball.

Special mention for Itten, probably his last game in a blue shirt but he gave his all today. Would have been easy for him to stroll around not doing much

Our performances domestically since losing to the Yahoos at Ibrox have been superb.

Considering the effort the squad have put in to simultaneously propel us to the Europa League final they deserve a lot of credit.

It was just that six weeks post Xmas collapse that did for our title chances.

We really need to work out why that keeps happening.

No blinded by anything he was very good was involved in most of our attacking play he strolled it and his name has nothing to do with how I watch football if he was poor I would say he was poor,he never broke sweat and didn’t need to.
Strolled it that much he constantly gave the ball away and his touch was terrible. Miles off the pace again.

King pipe and slippers. Strolled it. Barely wasted a pass. Dealt with danger when he needed too.

Lowry. The lad is quality. He’s bloody brilliant.

Adam Devine. Solid game.

McKinnon. Go on son. He’s probably come off the park with a 100% pass completion. Worked hard and grabbed himself a goal.

Anyone not get charged for the game? I was in “brazil” and bought the game came up at £0.00
I had a ‘trip’ over to Germany and was going to buy the game then remembered I didn’t get the Ross County game on Wednesday til about 4pm and that the Hearts game would still be covered by the 3 day unlimited thing.

Just watched Cole McKinnon and Leon Kings post match interviews and the one thing that strikes me is the maturity of them. Same with Lowry the other day, I really hope all these boys make it.

Anyone not get charged for the game? I was in “brazil” and bought the game came up at £0.00
RangersTV or HeartsTV? And why the f*ck VPN to Brazil?

For Hearts TV it was available in UK. For RangersTV you should always set your VPN to the closest location to the UK - i.e. France, Belgium, The Netherlands to get a better connection (lower latency).

I think the offer this week was a 3 Day Unlimited on RangersTV. Maybe if you bought that on Wednesday evening it would still have been alright for today's game. It runs for 72 hours from time of purchase.

Our performances domestically since losing to the Yahoos at Ibrox have been superb.

Considering the effort the squad have put in to simultaneously propel us to the Europa League final they deserve a lot of credit.

It was just that six weeks post Xmas collapse that did for our title chances.

We really need to work out why that keeps happening.
Old Firm loss at Ibrox was the problem IMO
Gave them confidence for the run in!

Great couple of performances with the fringe players making a good contribution. Makes some of the dropped points this season all the more annoying. Onwards and upwards though.

Old Firm loss at Ibrox was the problem IMO
Gave them confidence for the run in!
Not just in terms of confidence. As things turned out, that was the league decider.

If Rangers had hung onto the early lead, and won that game, that’s a six-point turnaround, and tonight Rangers would be celebrating back-to-back titles.

With hindsight, that game cost Rangers the league.

Back