Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 17:30 Saturday - Premier Sports

No we weren’t. The referee was shite but you’re mental if you think he cost us that game today.

So, if the referee had applied the rules of the game correctly and sent the Hearts player off, you don't think that would have affected the outcome of the game - us playing against 10 men for 45 minutes ?

I was looking forward to the cup as a welcome release from the traumas of the league campaign. I thought we could rescue something from the season. I never fully realised this team‘s ability to totally fk up the only chance of winning something. Losing to a Hearts team twice who have won 5 of their last 25 games is unforgivable. I am done with these players - we need a complete clear out.

So, if the referee had applied the rules of the game correctly and sent the Hearts player off, you don't think that would have affected the outcome of the game - us playing against 10 men for 45 minutes ?
If he applied the rules correctly, Hearts would have had a penalty and the red card shout would not have happened.

I love the rangers since the mid 60s through my dad then late 60s as a supporter myself always wanted the best for hearts, disgusted at yet another cup final v us yet ship goals to thrm.
I hope hibs rape them on tuesday.
Just go down mini scum.
Rant over.

Gerrard's the only guy who can solve the puzzle of why we cant beat the worst teams in Scotland. Everyone's still behind him, but time is running out.

The collapse since the winter break has been unbelievably horrendous. Something serious has had to have happened over there,but what.

I am not sure where to start with that lot today. Deservedly beaten by the worst Hearts team I have seen in 40 odd years.

I could berate so many of our team today. But I will just say the following: please let me never again have to watch Ojo in a Rangers jersey; regrettably, Steven Davis looks absolutely done - that game passed him by, yet again; Greg Stewart is what I thought he was despite the overhype on here - slow of foot and of thought and not good enough; I am at a loss as to how pedestrian and physically weak we so regularly are, particularly away from home, and I can’t understand why Gerrard doesn’t try something different to fix it.

I am still absolutely behind Gerrard but at some point he needs to figure out how to get his team up for a fight away from home and how to play on plastic pitches. At the moment we are doing the same thing every time and seem surprised that we are seeing the same results. As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Gerrard's the only guy who can solve the puzzle of why we cant beat the worst teams in Scotland. Everyone's still behind him, but time is running out.
Isn't doing himself any favours continuing to think that players like Ojo will do anything when they play,that guy doesn't want to play for us and you can see it a mile away,but Gerrard still picks him.

He should have given them a pen as well in that case mate.

I just don't understand (as many of you are the same) how we can beat Braga home and away but can't beat the shite in Scotland.
is SG a gr8 "football" manager against teams that come out and play against us. Are the young players indeed just up for euro nights and cant be arsed in domestic league,

What you are seeing is a team who are more suited to Europe than domestic competitions. It's shocking.

The team selection, the dire tactics, and the display from the players was disgraceful.

That's the season over now the players and management have let us down badly yet again.

Completely unacceptable.

We got away with a penalty handball as well

has any other team performed so poorly domestically but excelled in Europe like we have.
Its a big If but what IF we beat leverkusen over 2 legs and progress under SG but continue to fail in league ....

I’m absolutely fucking raging at this performance it’s simply not good enough beaten by a team which haven’t won a game since we beat them fcking joke this is something seriously wrong.

A smile will help you! Made me chuckle a little.

What do Rangers and the Coronavirus have in common?
Both are in Europe but neither have turned up in Scotland.
best we can hope for is corona virus to shut down all football everywhere in the world rest of season.domestically and european :)

Looking at our players v theirs how could anyone think we couldn't beat them no matter what formation was used.
Why - the ball came off the deck and bounced up and hit Edmunsons arm - it wasn't a deliberate hand ball.
Yeah it was, he moved his arm to clear the ball.

I first saw Rangers in a 1-1 draw at Tynecastle in 1974.
I have since seen most of our games at Tynecastle and that was an utter disgrace today.
One half attempt on target against relegation fodder.
The buck stops with the manager, that was totally unacceptable

Looking at our players v theirs how could anyone think we couldn't beat them

Yeah it was, he moved his arm to clear the ball.

OK, I may be wrong but when I saw it on replay it didn't look like deliberate handball.

I'l put my hands up (no pun) if wrong.

I first saw Rangers in a 1-1 draw at Tynecastle in 1974.
I have since seen most of our games at Tynecastle and that was an utter disgrace today.
One half attempt on target against relegation fodder.
The buck stops with the manager, that was totally unacceptable
So the players who were absolutely shit get a free pass?

I never agreed with some on here about players out on loan but after today I'm sure Docherty and Murphy would be better options in games like these where we need to show some fight

All i can think is where do we go from here. I sincerely mean this. What can we do?
IMHO, we 1) focus on continuing our fine form in Europe; 2) strive to get back on track in the league; and 3) give serious thought to a central midfielder who we can sign at season’s end, who is capable of controlling the tempo of a manic game driven by an opponent who has little going for them except a rabid desire to beat Rangers and/or a plastic pitch. If said midfielder fits the captain’s armband, then so much the better.

Oh, and 4) imo we definitely stick by SG, remembering where we’ve come from in our recent history, and trusting that he’ll learn what it takes to beat domestic dross and take us to where we all want to go. I know that some will argue that with our gaffer it’s a case of “if you’re in a hole, stop digging”, but imo it’s much more a case of not pulling up the plant before the roots have fully taken hold.

Steven Gerrard was an absolute winner on the pitch.

Why has he recruited so many half hearted shitebags and why does he continue with a captain who offers no leadership?

This is another rebuild job I'm afraid.
Under valued the verocity of Scottish Football? He's now stuck and we may be too far to twist

Alfie looks like he’s just got himself a summer transfer by screwing up our chances in the Scottish cup. However, there is no excuse for the rest of the squad putting in a performance like that.

But, really how the feck can we not beat a team as poor as Hearts?

He's a reserve team coach and nothing better, Nout but a name and the club are paying for it.
Closing in on 12 trophies in a row. Stick with Gerrard.
I bet there are many clubs who would love a “reserve team coach” who can take them to the last 16 (at least) of the Europa League, and who can oversee some of our recent Old Firm performances and results. Imo, he’s a rookie manager at this level, and that inevitably means that he needs to grow into the role. If he was the finished article, in all likelihood he wouldn’t be with us, which I expect we’ll learn the hard way at some point in the future. In the meantime, I say we stick with him, let him grow himself and our club, and enjoy the silverware that he’ll win for us in the not too distant future. Others say different, and that’s okay - we’ll see what happens in time.

Back