Helander Booking

Clancy can't wait to blow his whistle against us. We don't get many 50/50 decisions from him. Always looking to stop us and give possesion back to the opposition.

I thought mutton was fair in commentary outwith letting his guard down a few times, the drop ball, tried hard also to turn it in to a penalty for them. Couldn't wait to dismiss the handball in their box. Wait for any contact with the arm inside the box from any gers player against the scum and you will get the usual, it hits his arm, it's a penalty mentality.
A cheat would have given a first half penalty against us

If it was a foul it was a foul on Helander. Absolutely ridiculous giving a free kick to St. Boo and then booking Helander. In fact, one of the stupidest bookings we'll see but I am sure the refs will accept that challenge.

Yep. Almost as ridiculous as the foul given against him when their sub CF was nearly ripping the shirt off him.

Don't know where the 6 minutes injury time came from either.

Clancy is a fucking arsehole.

The last line sums it up perfectly

Whilst it may be stretching the rules a little, it is mistaken identity because someone else,(his own player)brought him down. I’d think we should be able to appeal that as it is technically mistaken identity.
If he saw it again, he couldn’t even give a foul, let alone a booking!
Worth examining but it does question his eyesight and brain combination

Hearts Statement at the tail end of the 2016/17 season (don't know how they got on with a rule change):

The club had intended to appeal the weekend booking of Malaury Martin, who was yellow carded by Andrew Dallas against Motherwell, and indicated an intention to do so on the grounds of ?Mistaken Identity?. (i.e. The Referee wrongly identified the player who committed the foul.)

Following discussions with the club?s legal advisors and various officials at the SFA, it is clear however that the current rules as they stand, do not cover this specific situation.

Put quite simply, we cannot appeal on the grounds of ?Mistaken Identity? as the referee did not mistakenly identify our player. He believed the offence was committed by Malaury.

The fact that it was not a foul and that the Motherwell player merely tripped over the feet of his own player, means that while it may have been an error to give the foul and to book our player, it was not a case of mistaken identity. The Referee did not mistake Malaury for another Hearts player, which is the only situation that would allow an appeal to be successful in the case of ?Mistaken Identity?. Nor can the yellow be rescinded by Referee Dallas as the rules do not allow for this. N.B. Yellow cards can only be appealed in Scotland on two grounds, ?simulation? and ?mistaken identity?

The club is going to pursue a potential rule change at the earliest opportunity so that common sense can prevail in the future and no other player or club suffers a similar fate.

A cheat would have given a first half penalty against us

It obviously wasn't anywhere near a 50/50 decision that he could justify in giving it. Where did i say he was a cheat ?

50/50's are what they are and can go either way, all we want is a fair share of those decisions, we don't get them and he can justify that.

Can’t stand the guy but if you watched on BT he pretty much was faultless until the two decisions against Helander late on Coop.

Tell me what he got wrong then ?
He’s a cheating lady's front bottom.
I watched that game on BT sports,and there was cheating in that game
Ask helander why he got booked,he’ll not be able to answer,it’s that simple!

“Stupid foul” according to the bold BT

Also had the misfortune of Radio Scotland after the game, was dropping someone back home, McFadden and Gordon speaking about the first half penalty claim they had as a stonewalled, how Goodwin will be pissed off with ref robbing them etc

Again Helander did not a-thing wrong in both situations

Comes as no surprise that BBC Scotland are setting that rhetoric.

Helander was only fouled 3 times before Clancy finally gave the free kick, but aye, nae bother BBC.

He’s a cheating lady's front bottom.
I watched that game on BT sports,and there was cheating in that game
Ask helander why he got booked,he’ll not be able to answer,it’s that simple!

You obviously never read my post. OK mate I won’t hassle you.

Never a booking but big man has to do more to convince me he plays before Katic.

It obviously wasn't anywhere near a 50/50 decision that he could justify in giving it. Where did i say he was a cheat ?

50/50's are what they are and can go either way, all we want is a fair share of those decisions, we don't get them and he can justify that.

The consensus by many here is that Clancy and most/all referees are cheats. Didn't say you said it.

A referee can only give what he sees.

It would have been all to easy for Clancy to have pointed to the spot in the first half claiming he didn't see the initial contact and foul, if he was out to cheat us.

The Helander booking was wrong. But in terms of cheating it was hardly going to hurt us today.

The bbc have made up their minds st Mirren should have had a stonewall penalty. I couldn’t even remember the incident but it appears to have been the one the big centre forward fouled helander twice then threw himself to the floor.

At least the ref got that right
No doubt they’ll be writing to the Catholic Officer to demand a rematch.

Didn't think the ref was bad today, had the usual shout at the telly from behind the blue glasses as usual, but nothing major. Got the 'penalty' call 100% correct.

For the booking in subject, it was a mistake, but if as he thought, it was a foul, to book the big guy was the right decision. Can understand how he got it wrong, we only seen it on replays.

There should be an avenue for rescinding the booking.

What are you all shouting about? The Compliance Officer will remedy it tomorrow.

Helander and Barisic will both be suspended for next week. :p

Mistaken identity surely. Booked for. Foul he didn't commit.

I read that like it was the introduction to The A Team.

Ten years ago a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Once again our club should be highlighting this cheating from the first, after match, interview from the manger.

We should have someone reviewing what's going on and relaying back to the manager and what's happening every second of every match we play.

Put these cheating filth in black under the same pressure the filth do.

Yep. Almost as ridiculous as the foul given against him when their sub CF was nearly ripping the shirt off him.

Spot on, couldn't work out wtf was going on against helander today, I'm actually surprised Clancy didn't give st midden a penalty for the one in the first where helander was fouled

[QUOTE="Craigie, post: 4211557, member: 478

A referee can only give what he sees.
Eh say again?
Had Clancy claimed not to see the initial foul on Helander be could easily have pointed to the spot.

If he was a cheat.

My thoughts too. When he booked Helander he pointed out a number of other fouls he'd committed. Problem is some of them weren't even fouls

Incredibly the BBC said this should have been a red as he should have been booked for the earlier penalty incident which both Sutton and Craigen agreed was a foul on Helander.

Remember it's Clancy a Jesuit Catholic he even hates ordinary Roman Catholics.
676cdf50bc045f8392d573be04b1c7d6.jpg

“Stupid foul” according to the bold BT

Also had the misfortune of Radio Scotland after the game, was dropping someone back home, McFadden and Gordon speaking about the first half penalty claim they had as a stonewalled, how Goodwin will be pissed off with ref robbing them etc

Again Helander did not a-thing wrong in both situations
Watched the first 70 mins on BT sport but had to go out and listened to the rest of the game on the radio. Commentator on RS even mentioned that Helander could have seen red if he had been booked for the penalty incident in the first half. Even mutton said it wasn’t a penalty!!!! People listening to the game on the radio were left in no doubt that St boo were denied a stonewall penalty, unbelievable bias again.

He is one of the scum bitches.

Incredibly the BBC said this should have been a red as he should have been booked for the earlier penalty incident which both Sutton and Craigen agreed was a foul on Helander.

They bastards are peddling a very very clear agenda.

A mentally challenged who hadn’t even seen it phoned RC & both Wilson & Dalziel said never a penalty.

Last edited:
Back