Henry McLeish has his say

McLeish's comments shouldn't be ignored in my opinion. There are a number of things wrong with the set up and we won't change them any time soon. As TNT points out, look at the number of ex-Celtic or Celtic connected personnel in the game. That's not healthy and it's jobs for the bhoys. What I would like to see if an SFA body that's made up by professionals who know the game and that have achieved something in the game. Guys like Souness, Dalgleish, Hansen, etc who have tasted success at high level could be supported by decent sports scientists and fitness coaches to develop a blueprint for the game. At the moment we are seeing the blind leading the blind and appointments/decisions favouring one club. That set up is only concerned in getting Celtic into the CL every season and ignores the greater good for Scottish football.

Whilst we are at it we need to take a good look at the league set up and understand how we get away from this two horse race set up. Yes I love to see us win but I also take enjoyment and satisfaction in that we earned it. The competition these days is shite and hence Celtic will stroll to the title every season because they can outspend everyone else. There needs to be a level playing field to ensure success is brought about through coaching, scouting and a good youth set up rather than financial muscle - limit the salaries of the players to ensure there is no advantage , reduce club costs and reduce ticket prices - you may find more fans turning up if there is an increased level of competition and cheaper prices. A lot of that will be hard to swallow for our fans and, more particularly, their fans.

This country now has the national team it deserves.

One club with far too much influence in every aspect of the game.
A Scotland support who absolutely despise my football club.
So long as this status quo remains i couldn't give a flying feck for the national team.
Rangers only.

Another thing worth pointing out is that our current poor performance is made worse by the relative achievements of Northern Ireland, Wales and Republic of Ireland.

Point I would make is - of the 3 other countries I have listed - be lucky if they have 1 player playing in their domestic league between them.

The SFA is run by the clubs - for the benefit of the clubs (one club in particular).

I was on the SFA website yesterday. If you dig deep enough, there's some coaching drills. I was looking at the ones for goalkeepers. Honestly, I was bored just reading it! Had "boring schoolteacher" written all over it!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resourc...mpleActivities/Drills/Crossball Drill 0.1.pdf

Admit it Henry, everyone up here involved in the game, the spl, the sfa, the media, supporters groups have spent the last six years obsessing on how to destroy the worlds most successful club. Nothing else mattered, no wonder our game is in such a state. Power handed to liewell and all he cares about is his club, no one else.
Spot on Barney the Scottish football i.e. SFA , SPFL , supporters of all clubs were too busy hating to see the big picture. When you demote the biggest club in the country to the lowest league there must be a detrimental effect on the rest of football in your country . It has now come to the fact that the International team have not qualified for another big tournament again. Those haters will never admit this and we will continue to be a footballing backwater until they realise.

Spot on Barney the Scottish football i.e. SFA , SPFL , supporters of all clubs were too busy hating to see the big picture. When you demote the biggest club in the country to the lowest league there must be a detrimental effect on the rest of football in your country . It has now come to the fact that the International team have not qualified for another big tournament again. Those haters will never admit this and we will continue to be a footballing backwater until they realise.
Not that long ago, 3 of the biggest clubs were in the 2nd tier........Us, Hearts and Hibs...........

National Coach - Gordon Strachan - Ex Celtic.
Asst - Mark McGhee - Ex Celtic
Youth supremo - Malky Mackay - Ex Celtic and racist.

And I saw yesterday...............

U-16 coach - James Grady.........Not ex-Celtic, but lifelong fan

Also, u-17 coach - Brian McLaughlin - ex Celtic.

Spot the connections?

Not that Lliewell had an say in any of those appointments :rolleyes:

I'll keep saying this until I'm blue in the face.

The four games a season league structure and small league prevents young players getting a run of games. Clubs are terrified of relegation from day one.

McLeish is probably right that the whole thing requires one body with ultimate power telling the clubs what to do. I'd start with making the leagues bigger, one game home and one away.

Why not fucking spit it out Henry and say it like it is?
The fact you didn't is just another symptom of the malaise that is gripping Scottish fitba.
Lawwell, his cesspit of a club, and their lackies among the administrators and the press are poisoning the game in their relentless pursuit to wring out evey bit of benefit to celtc that they possibly can, and screw the rest.

National Coach - Gordon Strachan - Ex Celtic.
Asst - Mark McGhee - Ex Celtic
Youth supremo - Malky Mackay - Ex Celtic and racist.

And I saw yesterday...............

U-16 coach - James Grady.........Not ex-Celtic, but lifelong fan

Also, u-17 coach - Brian McLaughlin - ex Celtic.

Spot the connections?

....and the last two compliance officers both raving mentally challengeds.

Back