Here’s what the new Bernabeu will look like

@Wang The tour is superb.

One of the best things I ever done.

I was on my own and couldn't figure out what time the next tour was due to start so was about to walk away then thought just by a ticket and it might become clear.

Just followed the people who bought in front of me and then realised it's self directed.

I'll see if I can dig out some photos.

I can't wait until that technology/machinery breaks and they can't get the pitch out for a match.

To be fair it looks absolutely amazing ,but does it compère with me first setting my eyes on Ibrox stadium back in 1967 a mere lad of 4 freezing smog descending over Ibrox a mass of Bears wearing Red White & Blue magical still gives me Goosebumps . Stood on the very same spot on Wednesday to pay tribute to the late great Walter Smith love our club and our stadium. Archibald Leitch new a thing or too about building stadiums the red brickwork is one of the most iconic in world football Viva las Teddy Bears

I lived in Madrid 2001-02, on out past Retiro park from the centre. Went to the Bernabeu twice, Calderon once and out to Rayo Vallecano once that season.

Was back visiting in 2016 and did the Bernabeu stadium tour, it was absolutely superb. It's self directed so you just follow the arrows, through the museum out into the stands, walk right round, down onto the pitch, in through the tunnel, into the dressing rooms out via the shop.

Absolutely loved it and you get the real sense of history in the stadium, you can feel it in the air....so I'm saddened to see this space ship being built in it's place. :)
Did both Madrids a few years back - the walk down to the old Calderon was interesting to say the least.

BTW the best Stadium Tour I've done was Benfica (the new stadium). Amazing - 3 storey trophy cabinet! Interactive stuff all over the place. A set of goals on the top floor for practising your penalties. And the eagles (real ones) behind the goals. You could spend days going round it.

Did both Madrids a few years back - the walk down to the old Calderon was interesting to say the least.

BTW the best Stadium Tour I've done was Benfica (the new stadium). Amazing - 3 storey trophy cabinet! Interactive stuff all over the place. A set of goals on the top floor for practising your penalties. And the eagles (real ones) behind the goals. You could spend days going round it.
I've done Rangers, Barcelona ,Ajax, parkhead ( long story) and Benfica .........gotta say outside of Rangers Benfica is the tour I enjoyed the most

I've been to many stadiums, but Spurs new one is the best football stadium I have been in.

However this is going to even surpass that.

Another level of sporting club entirely, and a remarkable feat of engineering. The extra revenues from concerts, box office, VIP events… Sometimes you just need to take a step back and say “wow”.

The mad thing is that Spurs have got two sets of changing rooms in theirs, one for football and one for NFL, I imagine this is going to have more.

Looks amazing, also amazing what you can get away with when the Governor and King of Spain are Madrid fans.
A bit like here when the government & council are all filth fans , Madrid get away with it's mountain of debt while here the filth get away with child abuse .

Another world. The upkeep costs must be huge.

When we go there in next season's CL, how many are we taking - 15k?

Imagine playing in the game and the pitch just started folding away as you were bombing it down the wing only to re-emerge, mid step over, at the start of the next home game. Sod that for a laugh.

Having been at the Bernabeu, I thought it was very underwhelming from the outside. Impressive inside. If that’s what it looks like when it’s finished, it’ll be fantastic.

Not a patch on Ibrox though, which is the greatest sight I’ve ever seen:))

As nice as it is and it is incredible, I honestly wouldn’t swap it for Ibrox. I absolutely love our stadium and wouldn’t swap it for anything

Having been at the Bernabeu, I thought it was very underwhelming from the outside. Impressive inside. If that’s what it looks like when it’s finished, it’ll be fantastic.

Not a patch on Ibrox though, which is the greatest sight I’ve ever seen:))
Have you been to the Nou Camp? I realize it's probably my own biases and favourites but I thought it was night and day in terms of being better than the Bernabeu.

Looks outstanding and quite a few nifty ideas in there as well - tight for space around the Bernabeu so making the most. Got an underground right beside it as well so that won't make things easy.

Loved visiting the Bernabeu and look forward to getting back at some point

It’ll be attractive to the council because you’ve got a fucking massive event space that can hold everything with transport links and capacity baked in, and Real will get money for every away weekend and summer they’re not at home giving them double bubble.

Imagine in a file somewhere there’s an assessment of Ibrox’s suitability for NFL games and we’d be mad not to look at it.

Isnt the vast majority of the machinery buried, where that would make less of an impact on it?
Just like the gdc and snp are trying to do in the east end of Glasgow around Saville row

I’m a fan of modern design stadia and that will surely be the best football stadium in the world when complete.

It’s possible we could be playing there next season on the Wednesday and away to Arbroath on the Saturday.

Been to both Barca and Real. I think the Nou camp was better but both are fantastic arenas. Looking at this though will see Real have the best in the world.

Back