Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

We won’t get consistency until we have a settled team.

It changes from game to game and none of us can name our starting lineup in advance.

We also show too much respect to teams we should be blowing away.

There is also too much passing across the defence and getting nowhere.

I disagree with many on here. I thought we played fine although we can be a lot better.

We certainly played well enough to win. The ref does his job fairly, no laughing, we win. Two points dropped due to an offside goal. They should have had two straight reds and a double yellow but as we all know Rangers players are fair game.

I'm not going to get upset about it because I'm so used to it and I know our cowardly club will just take it as they do every week.

Oh good another week of panty wetting from the people who sing No Surrender without irony.

Alternatively, you could fire your head in the sand and refuse to accept that the same deficiencies that have cost us the last few seasons are still here

Some of our fans think they’re too staunch to criticise when it’s warranted.

Fans can sing whatever we want, it’s the team who wilt every single time there’s a bit of pressure on them. Pathetic

It's imperative that we upgrade the midfield. I know theres injuries, but even at full strength it's the same midfield that was there 18 months ago. They've been a key part of the failure over the last two seasons. We upgraded in other areas but we need to address the centre of the park. Kamara in particular is relatively tidy, but offers nothing creative

We actually played a lot of great football today and should have scored at least 6 goals. These defensive switch offs when leading are killing us though, Goldson is a good defender but a man prone to panic attacks; Helander was too weak. It was not the car crash performance being painted on here, far from it.

Kent or Arfield score and we aren't talking about refs.
The point is we should be though.
the number of times they came through the back of our players was unbelievable.
gogic - got through that match without a booking?!!
how many times were Kent and Hagi hacked down.
It they go to 10 or 9 men it’s a completely different game.
Never mind the offside goal.

Defensively we were really poor today and we had the chances to win and didn’t take them but that doesn’t excuse the ref & asst not doing their jobs

And round and round we go. The same arguments every 5-6 games. We are, and have been for years, mentally and physically soft.

Tav and goldson have had a good season but they will also cost us goals through nonsense defending/passing. It was Goldson turn today, I'm sure Tavs will come soon. We have next to no bite in midfield, so we sell Ross McCrorie and people are surprised when we get bullied.
Ross McCrorie isnt the answer ffs

Arfield should be ashamed of that sitter and goldson can do one
Looked like he switched off because he thought he had scored, unforgivable. Kent really should have scored with the one on one and Morelos header was scandalous.
Factor in Goldson’s meltdown, Tav’s iffy at best defending and Barisic not closing down the cross for their first goal and it’s a recipe for disaster.
As for those defending Hagi, he hasn’t now done enough and shouldn’t have been off earlier than he was.

Goldson for his part must be dropped to show that these kind of performances are not aceptable.
Goldson is back to thinking he is some kind of footballer again.

Every time he has the ball at his feet we are in trouble. Why he just can’t clear it, especially when we are in the lead at the time, is beyond me.

I am sick of this same old shite. Every time there is any sort of pressure put on us we fold.

The manager was nothing like a manager today.
Our whole approach today was lacklustre, his management amateurish, subbing Hagi, our only inventive player, the only one who would make a chance for chance-taker Defoe, was just senseless.
Managers must manage, not passively observe.

Hagi that can’t even challenge for a header he’d be better off not jumping at all.

Defensively we were really poor today and we had the chances to win and didn’t take them but that doesn’t excuse the ref & asst not doing their jobs
Did Boyle get booked for his hack?

Still short a game changing central midfielder and a right sided forward who can cut inside. Aribo is a good player when he's fit. Kamara has it in him to play well but isnt consistent enough. Same with Jack. Jack and Kamara don't work well enough together so the only real option is to bring in some help in the middle of the park. Wide right? Hagi is not a right sided inside forward. Maybe Itten or Roofe could do the job. Maybe we need to play a formation with 2 up front instead of 1. What is certain is that this Rangers team really needs at least 2 players.

This is the norm under Gerrard. We drop points every 3 or 4 games. We arent getting any better.

Weve spent games missing chances knowing it would cost us soon and it hasnt improved and its now cost us 2 points.

So from a 2 point headstart were now 1 ahead, they have a game in hand and were away to Motherwell and Celtc 2 of the next 3 games. Then at Kilmarnock, another bogey team, a couple of weeks after Celtc.

We could be out of this by Halloween.

Or we could be top again.

Once again for the 3rd season running, we get slight pressure put on us and our arse crumbles, I couldn't care less of anyone agrees or not but we need a real manager, Gerrard just hasn't got it, sat there today and didn't look interested in the slightest.

Wow some of the comments are ridiculous on here, we were unlucky, their keeper made a couple great saves, their second should have been called offside, they should have had at least one player sent off and our defence let us down first time and Morelos goal at the end should have counted imo!

I think hibs can give celtic problems too as will Liv at home! We do need to take shots from outside the box we seem to be making a lot of split second wrong decisions! Thought Kent and Kamara were great and we have every right to be disappointed today!

Hibs should have finished the game with 10. Second goal offside. Ref books Alfie. Good day for our corrupt officials. A few of our players need to have a look at themselves for todays performance.
None of what you have said will happen next week two stamps the first half where just ignored as well.

Our defence has strolled it, against shit teams. First real test of note, and we look shaky again. It was handy getting the sheep early on. They would give us problems at the minute.

The amount of times this happens to us through every season is crazy. Plus if you don't give a freekick for doige having both hands on helanders shoulders preventing him from jumping then you can't give a freekick against defoe in the last minute

Said it on another thread these curropt officails will cost us 55 unless we can play teams of the park, which we are not good enough, which is unbelievable considering the wealth gap between us and the rest of the league barr "Them", and they do.

only helander got pass marks in the defence, our fullbacks were very poor today.

I thought Helander could/should have done a lot better at their equaliser. He waited instead of attacking the ball and that let Doidge beat him to it.

Not good enough today, at 1-2 it was ours to win .
Management need to sort out the team & tactics this tippy happy passing plays into the oppositions favour when they are sitting in we aren't expansive enough with our passing when we allow ourselves to be hemmed in.

We then lose momentum & stupid passes occur which cost us that equaliser no point going through the motions with little or no initiative to go for a winner.

Kent was ordinary today. He had a great chance to score and should have done.
However, he did not seem at his best and was not in enough attacking positions.

I worry about Ally. Boyd actually sounds like peed off, You can hear it in his voice and hes speaking up for what clearly is a goal that shouldn't count. Ally on the other hand doesn't even want to mention it.

Comparisons with the Yahoos

They've played nothing yet
Struggled with a draw at a poorer Killie team
Scraped past Livingston at home which is usually a doing
Scraped past the worst Motherwell team in recent memory

They've not played us, hibs or Aberdeen yet

The key is scraped by . They do it time and time again while we don’t. Today was a day where we should be able to shut up shop at 2-1 and grind out the win. Instead we play open

We looked tired. Didn’t seem up for up, which is strange, given that we were playing hibs. Davis in particular was hitting stray passes. As others have said, we had no bite in midfield. Nice intricate passes now and again, but we failed to take our few chances. Our goals were great and we had loads of posession. We just couldn’t do it. Deja vu all over again.

It's imperative that we upgrade the midfield. I know theres injuries, but even at full strength it's the same midfield that was there 18 months ago. They've been a key part of the failure over the last two seasons. We upgraded in other areas but we need to address the centre of the park. Kamara in particular is relatively tidy, but offers nothing creative
Kamara isn't good enough. The first one who should be dropped when we get a midfielder in, if we ever do. Offers zero creativity and refuses to shoot when space opens. He wants too long on the ball, clearly doesn't have a footballing brain (like Hagi as Ally pointed out).

Hagi isn't good enough yet to be starting either.

Last edited:
Aye ok we are winning 2-1 in the 2nd hakf and they get an offside goal but aye its our fault
It’s always somebody else’s fault. We need to Have a look at ourselves too. Airfields sitter , the defending for both goals , the full first half was shocking. Too many slack passes and bad decision making in the final third. But let’s not mention any that and blame a linesman.

Back