Match Thread ** Hibernian v Rangers - Sky Sports **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
dVLBqkC.png

Last edited:
Feeling much more apprehensive about this game than I did about both sheep games. Let’s hope we can get the win.

We owe these cunts. After Hampden and the game at Ibrox I want us diving, cheating, doing anything to get Stokes, McGeogh et al sent off. Few OTT challenges would be good too

Going through tonight quietly confident.
McCrorie being fit would be a huge boost as he's very important to how we set up.

Jack and maybe McCrorie both out is a huge concern. A win tonight be our best result of the season so far IMO.

With no centre midfield to pick this is where the manager earns his corn.

They will pick the midfield like they done at Ibrox once they went 1 down. We absolutely know that wi happen tonight. So we have two approaches in my opinion.

1- set out an ultra defensive team to play on the break and let them have the ball for large periods of time. Even then not sure we have the defenders to do that.

2- open up. Start with an incredibly starting line up, make the game open and play “we will score more than you”. Leaves us open to a dull one but probably also gives us our best chance of the win.

The idea we try and match up and get any form of a controlled approach in my opinion would be madness. We simply don’t have the numbers or the players in the middle to do that.

That all said if young mcrorie makes it then all bets are off and we could easily replicate the Aberdeen game even without jack.

HAVE to play with 3 at the back. Tav and John wing backs, candeias, morelos, windass as a front 3. Will destroy them on the break.

Ideal lineup for me wouldn't have Miller starting, but he seems a cert atm lol so would probably go something like this. (Assuming McCrorie's out).

5496bc50b6.png

TrueBluesLoyal is the team I'd go with, keeping same diamond formation with Josh roaming up front with Alfredo. Only change is McCrorie for Barjonas if fit. C'mon Rangers lets do this!!

Really hope we go there with some heart and determination.

I don't know one Hibs supporter who thinks we'll beat them tonight and I've a feeling a lot of Rangers fans think the same.

We've just pumped Aberdeen home and away, got the 3 in a row monkey off our back and now need to go down there and show these f*ckers what we're about.

No hiding tonight. We need to show up and make a statement. Buzzing for it and wish to f*ck I was going.

Derek5287 said in anoher thread that McCrorrie is fit to play.

This would be great news.
Will be a tough game and Ross could make a huge difference especially with R J out.
A win tonight would be up their with Pittodrie result.
A score draw or 2-1 Gers.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

4 in a row will build up confidence for the fixtures ahead, plus we owe Hibs a defeat.

Lots depending on what midfield we are able to play but we are the people, we can do it.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Can see us getting a point at best, likely nil points. No Jack,Dorrans and McCrorie will hurt us severely as I think that's HIVS strongest area. They're poor at the back but we need to get to them. 2 draws with the bheasts shows they are decent (though could have been thrashed by bheasts).

Wilson gives me the absolute fear :eek: rather bates at the back. Heart say 2-1 head says 2-1 ;) step up the famous Glasgow Rangers

If McCrorie is fit, good. Regardless, a win for us by a couple of goals courtesy of Morelos.

Great news if McCrorie is fit - much more confident of us getting a result with him in the team.

I'll go 0-1, Bruno to score from a late corner!

Ideal lineup for me wouldn't have Miller starting, but he seems a cert atm lol so would probably go something like this. (Assuming McCrorie's out).

5496bc50b6.png

Hopefully McCrorie will be fit so bring him in for Barjonas and we should have a fair chance of turning this mob over tonight.

First and foremost make us hard to break down dont open up against them and frustrate the fcuk out of them. Then we will win.

It seems that we'll have to wait until a new manager comes in to see the back of Miller. Hope he can replicate his form in the Hearts game, he's been honking since then.

Doubtless Miller will play but if Murty has the stones to leave him on the bench then our options are much better.

hivs are not too clever at the back. Windass and Candieas have the pace to terrify them and with Morelos charging through the middle their flaky defense will be at sixes and sevens.

Back