Hibs really looking forward to playing us.

Thanks for making the Championship a bit interesting.

They could get some kind of result on Sunday, but in the end I'm expecting a Mowbray 09/10 type season where we'll be a bit shite at times but ultimately get the job done.

%^*& me, you'd think Hibs were hammering teams

The usual fuss getting made about wee fat boy Allan too.

Just like Turnbull, he can have a decent couple of flashes against average teams, but when he comes up against a proper midfield (like this Sunday) he'll be blowing out his arse after 20 minutes and chasing shadows.

Of course they're looking forward to playing us. This is a huge milestone for the rest of their season, no matter what the result. If we beat them, it puts them in their place in terms of league expectations, and we get in their heads a bit over the league cup semi. If they take anything from it, it's an endorsement that - for now at least - they are our main challenger, and it also gives them belief for the semi.

I’ve seen comments from Jack Ross and Martin Boyle saying how much they are looking forward to playing us.

I don’t have a problem with teams feeling confident coming to play us but I do wonder if it’s a motivator for our players or do we read too much into these things?
Heard it all before.

I’ve seen comments from Jack Ross and Martin Boyle saying how much they are looking forward to playing us.

I don’t have a problem with teams feeling confident coming to play us but I do wonder if it’s a motivator for our players or do we read too much into these things?
Celtic thought they were coming to Ibrox for a cricket score.

Reactions: fmp
What I expect will happen is Hibs will huff and puff but the Champions will do enough to win, again, before the media talks about how unlucky Hibs were.

I'm the same when we draw a big team In Europe, I really look forward to playing them, can understand why the spoonburners feel the same when they draw a multi successful team like us

Hibs and Hearts are doing well at the moment, when you have your tails up you want to take on everyone.

The fact both Hearts and Hibs are doing well will be motivation to both of them to see who blinks first.

We must be at our best on Sunday. Take care of Thursday first though then focus on Hibs.

Looking forward to both games.

Strangely enough, I don’t ever remember Hibs relishing the prospect of playing against Celtic. But then I’ve only been following since 1968.

They've every right to be confident in themselves. It's up to us to burst their balloon. We'll need to up our game to do that.

Hibs are a terrible side, but with a cynical game plan, which gets them results. Dive throughout the 90 minutes and repeatedly leave a late foot in on opponents. Sneaky, cheating runts. I want us to batter them at Ibrox.

So they should every player should want to play the best

We will need to be up for it to get the win. Hopefully we are. No slow starts, we need to go at them from the off.
This for me. They gave us as much trouble as any other team in the league last year and look to be playing decent stuff this year. We need to be on it from the start. If we are we win, if not it will be a tough 90 mins.

No pressure on them, they despise us, their fans hate us, their coach hates us, chance to go top. Lot of motivational factors for them, for us it's just another 3 points towards 56, be a tough game right enough but a tough game we will win

Hibs' start has been better than I thought actually.

Their dropped points have been at Dens Park (2-2) where we lost, Tynecastle (0-0) where Celtic lost and at home to St Mirren (2-2) which is a poorer result, albeit it came just as they have turned around their form.

Some of their wins have been pretty impressive too. 3-2 away to Motherwell who have won their other 3 home games and took points off us away. 3-1 away at Tannadice where we lost, and DU just took points off Celtic too.

They've also played 4 away games and 3 at home, which is the same as us but it is notable because points are far more likely to be dropped away in this league.

A proper test given we have to play abroad late in the week.

Last edited:
To be fair, from their point of view, now is probably the ideal time to play us.

We’re not anywhere near our best.

If we look at this from a non-Rangers perspective then they should be looking forward to playing us as it's a great opportunity. We've been playing terribly and will be coming off the back of an away Euro tie - always tiring - so it's as ideal a scenario (outside being at Easter Road) as they could have hoped for.

They gave us a harder time than anyone else last season so I’d say they have a right to feel like this.,Whether it does them any good will be another matter.

They are doing well by all accounts and we are not at our best ,

Hibs league results
Motherwell 2 Hibs 3
Hibs 3 Ross County 0
Dundee 2 Hibs 2
Hibs 2 Livingston 0
Hearts 0 Hibs 0
Hibs 2 St Mirren 2
Hibs 1 St Johnstone 0

3 draws in 7 games
lost 2 goals in 3 of their 7 games against Motherwell , Dundee and St Mirren
Its Hibs no Real Madrid
Haven't seen a second of a Hibs game, but I'll take your word for it. If they're sitting second however they're doing something right and in the opening games are clearly our closest challengers. It was hardly hoisting the white flag just an observation.

It really doesn’t matter who it is we play in the SPL they all have the same game plan against us. Sit in and hope to score on the counter attack. Or sit in, hope that our support become frustrated the longer it remains 0-0 and we get on the backs of our own players where then potential individual errors become more likely and they take advantage.

and all of the above includes time wasting where possible, fouling constantly to deter any flow to our play. And hope the ref has a shit performance that they can take advantage of.

Hibs will be no different.

However, the real Rangers turn up..we win.

Look at it from their point of view, we drew with them in one game and beat them by a single goal in the remaining three. They're doing well by all accounts and we're not at our fluent best.
This basically. Fair enough tbh, the way we are playing they should be looking forward to playing us. I hope our players can get themselves up for it.

It’s a good thing IMO, means they will come out to play football and we are at our best when it’s a game and not 11 men behind the ball. Bring them on

For years I've wanted a strong Scottish league. I want us to win every league title of course but the thought of being pushed all the way by a strong Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs is an exciting prospect. We will be stronger if our competition is stronger. Bring it on!

Looking forward to the game. Games against Hibs are physical. I’m going 2-1 the Famous. With us winning 2-0 at half time. A few yellows for crunching tackles. Hope it’s an open game with lots of free flowing football..

I would be looking forward to playing us as well because we are there for the taking the way we are performing just now.

Massive weekend of league football ahead. The top 4 play each other. Hearts v. Motherwell and of course a mid table clash at sheepland!!!!
As long as Rangers win and the yahoos lose things will be OK.

We are one match away from disaster, and maybe the Ange nice guy posters will realize he is not.

His goal is champions league money for them which will see our own house fold like a pack of cards.

Get this league won Rangers and keep this affectionate talk of him to yourselves.

Very little seems to be firing up up players this season. Quite incredible to think we are top of the table.
This worries me that we cannot seem to up the gears and go out and play with purpose. We just seem to play our normal game, every game no matter the opposition.

Latest posts

Back