Home kit available from 24th of June

No build up to the release just one days notice!!

The club really aren’t the best just now at this stuff giving parents one days notice is not right.

This has to be better in the future with season tickets friendly games money coming off soon one days notice is poorly thought out but not surprising.
Your just getting annoyed over nothing , remember not everyone has kids , seasons tickets, CCCS , and feels obliged to purchase every shirt on the morning it's released.

The shirts out, people can buy if they choose and do so when it suits them. It's not a problem

Was in the Ibrox shop tonight. No long sleeved or pro shirts out, asked at print station na we don’t have either. Picked up an XL and took to counter to be warned it was a pro shirt. Said that’s fine and paid as was looking for one. Home and feels much smaller than last seasons pro I bought for Seville. Guess I’m in for a tough pre season to fit into it haha

Can you not hold them up to one another to compare the sizing, rather than just going by how it feels?

Maybe you‘ve got bigger, fatty boom boom!

At Glasgow Airport. Either a Large or 3XL available. I am in the middle. As another poster said there is an XXL which would have fit but it was a Pro version and £105. Nice to see it up close and will definitely buy one when sizes come in.

Your just getting annoyed over nothing , remember not everyone has kids , seasons tickets, CCCS , and feels obliged to purchase every shirt on the morning it's released.

The shirts out, people can buy if they choose and do so when it suits them. It's not a problem
This isn’t the point mate. The poster makes a very valid point. It’s a shambles. Kids regardless love to have the top on release day. It should be a big build up and a thing.

Every other team has pre orders etc. We talk the talk about being a massive club and one of the biggest in Britain / Europe but we certainly don’t run ours like one.

Went over to Ibrox yesterday to get the top. Really nice top tbh, however noticed a flaw that Castore should be ashamed of. Picked up an XXL and noticed the Castore emblem was printed. Picked up a 3XL and this was embroidered, picked up an XL and this was also printed??? Wandered around the shop and found a different rack of XXLs and the Castore emblem was embroidered??? wtf

Moral is, if your able to get into the shop and this is something you would prefer to have, then suggest taking this option over ordering online, ensuring you'll know what your getting.

Went over to Ibrox yesterday to get the top. Really nice top tbh, however noticed a flaw that Castore should be ashamed of. Picked up an XXL and noticed the Castore emblem was printed. Picked up a 3XL and this was embroidered, picked up an XL and this was also printed??? Wandered around the shop and found a different rack of XXLs and the Castore emblem was embroidered??? wtf

Moral is, if your able to get into the shop and this is something you would prefer to have, then suggest taking this option over ordering online, ensuring you'll know what your getting.
If this is true and I don't doubt you more questions need asked of this mob.

How much do we actually get in revenue off them?

Their better never stops slogan is fucking cringe as well as their products with stick on logos will eventually peel off, like their logo has started peeling off the shorts I wear when out on bike.

How in any way is that better?

This isn’t the point mate. The poster makes a very valid point. It’s a shambles. Kids regardless love to have the top on release day. It should be a big build up and a thing.

Every other team has pre orders etc. We talk the talk about being a massive club and one of the biggest in Britain / Europe but we certainly don’t run ours like one.

Do they really though? What's wrong with waiting a few weeks if need be. The season hasn't even started yet. We all know a new shirt will be released every pre season anyway.

Build ups and pre orders can cost the club time and money in admin/marketing, and with our huge fanbase they probably don't want to set themselves a set day or deadline to release the shirt. Can you imagine the complaints if something went wrong

Can you not hold them up to one another to compare the sizing, rather than just going by how it feels?

Maybe you‘ve got bigger, fatty boom boom!
I bought last seasons for seville and it’s already bagged up for my collection. Weight exactly the same as it was a month ago. Still as fatty boom boom as I was in may

This seems to be the pro and normal version difference. They have been putting them out wrong and not separating or signposting them

Hopefully the Belfast shop has kids sizes today for the young lad. I want it myself but going by previous threads adults are not allowed to wear strips so I'll keep my money.
I like it. Just interested to see the material first and would rather get it in store than wait to the Scottish cup final for mine to arrive when ordered online.

The Pro tops usually have printed badges and the ‘standard’ is embroidered no?

Probably mixed them up when putting them on display if so.

One of the differences between the Pro and Regular tops possibly?

Nor will I.

Valley and co will be along soon to say we should buy and lecture us :)
Ah c’mon mate, I wouldn’t be telling anyone whether to buy or not. Personally if I buy anything this season it looks like it will be a Training top but that would be nothing to do with the ‘mongo’ nonsense.

Only in Scotland could folk go on about a sponsor having ‘mongo’ in it. As I’ve said before, it’s a play on the game PokemonGo. A daft one, perhaps, but I doubt anyone thinks of that as containing ‘mongo’ in the way some of our fans do when it’s SportemonGo.

Different debate when folk choose not to buy it because they went bust, which I can understand more, but the ‘mongo’ stuff is dreadful patter.

Ah c’mon mate, I wouldn’t be telling anyone whether to buy or not. Personally if I buy anything this season it looks like it will be a Training top but that would be nothing to do with the ‘mongo’ nonsense.

Only in Scotland could folk go on about a sponsor having ‘mongo’ in it. As I’ve said before, it’s a play on the game PokemonGo. A daft one, perhaps, but I doubt anyone thinks of that as containing ‘mongo’ in the way some of our fans do when it’s SportemonGo.

Different debate when folk choose not to buy it because they went bust, which I can understand more, but the ‘mongo’ stuff is dreadful patter.
The mongo stuff is ludicrous and we should never have sold a space on our top to that lot to begin with but that's another debate.

Loads of people do not want a top with that on it. I know many. I don't want it either.

Had it been another defunct sponsor I'd probably feel the exact same.

Many probably don't care and will buy

Each to their own. Who are we to say how folk spend their cash in any case Castore probably grist of the proceeds anyway :)

Last edited:
Did you see what Leeds did?

And did you see Leeds taking it one step further in their last home game last season against Chelsea? No box whatsoever. Just text. And I am sure Leeds are not getting any less money.

Where there's a will there's a way.

BOXT have ripped us a new one and Bisgrove has just accepted it and the old style sleeve logo.

0_JS265946790.jpg

Agree with this, how hard would it be to ask for this instead?

20220625-084751-Blend-Collage.jpg

20220625-085801-Blend-Collage.jpg

Only thing i can think of is they insisted on being really noticeable for the first year then will switch to the other versions once established with us.

100% mate, here we are doing wee guy stuff like getting to European finals. Id much rather be a big club and be able to pre order my strip.

Pro tops & replica editions maybe?

We’ve had shirt preorders recently & everyone goes apoplectic when they don’t get the strips on launch day.

Castore aren’t fit for purpose either way.

Anyone know if they have stock in the Castore shop in St James Centre in Edinburgh? Or in Livingston?

I'm desperate to get the new top but I'm not buying it with that on the back, it was bad enough when they actually were a real company but now you have a bust sponsor called mongo on your back
They’re replacing with the new sponsor for free. Whenever that is ready, mind you.

No build up to the release just one days notice!!

The club really aren’t the best just now at this stuff giving parents one days notice is not right.

This has to be better in the future with season tickets friendly games money coming off soon one days notice is poorly thought out but not surprising.
When would you prefer it came out mate? November once the 4 Direct Debit STs are paid off?

Agree with this, how hard would it be to ask for this instead?

20220625-084751-Blend-Collage.jpg

20220625-085801-Blend-Collage.jpg

Only thing i can think of is they insisted on being really noticeable for the first year then will switch to the other versions once established with us.
Yep, these versions are 100 times better than what we actually have.

In terms of advertising, people don't need a white block to know the company being advertised. The text of BOXT gives it away. This is just BOXT being unnecessarily over the top and Bisgrove not caring about how ridiculous it looks for fans purchasing the top. The Leeds version proves that an alternative can be achieved. Clearly Bisgrove just took what they threw at him and didn't put up any kind of alternative suggestion. Very disappointing.

Our of principle I will never use BOXT or buy any of their product. Same for all our shirt sponsors actually.

Back