How far ahead is English football to the rest of the European teams?

I love how much the English annoy folk north of the border.

The only thing worse than the English banging on about themselves, is the Scottish banging on about how much the English bang on about themselves.

Scottish folk are very strange, in my opinion.
20Sn.gif

The only thing worse than the English banging on about themselves, is the Scottish banging on about how much the English bang on about themselves.

Not really. The English media which let's remember is broadcasting to the rest of the UK gives most of us Scots/Welsh/Irish the boak.

Okay, mate. Lol.
OP deserves a bit of bamming up for the sheer arrogance and daftness of his op based on one season where English side have performed better than other countries on average

You decided to make it about something else. That's on you, no one else.

Grown men don't use "lol". ;)

OP deserves a bit of bamming up for the sheer arrogance and daftness of his op based on one season where English side have performed better than other countries on average

You decided to make it about something else. That's on you, no one else.

Grown men don't use "lol". ;)
Okay, mate. I’m happy for that to be on me. Lol.

I’m not as patriotic about Scotland as I used to be but even still how arrogant the English media and their fanboys are still annoys me.

You just know that if the 7th best team in England beat the 2nd best team in Spain they would be ramming it down everyone’s throats how the EPL is the best league in the world.

I’m not as patriotic about Scotland as I used to be but even still how arrogant the English media and their fanboys are still annoys me.

You just know that if the 7th best team in England beat the 2nd best team in Spain they would be ramming it down everyone’s throats how the EPL is the best league in the world.
I genuinely love this patter. Just wait until the Euros start B-)

As long as the Scottish pundits aren't dressed in tartan again, singing their mad songs.

Imagine they qualified all the time? :oops:

My family moved to Scotland when I was very young & I grew up there (following rangers obviously) I now live back south of the border & I can't even mention Scottish football in my local without the term "Sunday league " being brought up

My family moved to Scotland when I was very young & I grew up there (following rangers obviously) I now live back south of the border & I can't even mention Scottish football in my local without the term "Sunday league " being brought up
That’s a shame, mate. Some folk have no idea.

At least it’s not genuine hatred they have for you.

Instead, it’s maybe just crap patter and naivety B-)

I'm not sure it's all about "Big Stars". Mane, Salah, Kane and a few others then I'm struggling for huge names in the EPL. Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and plenty others ply their trade over there. I think the best European coaches are in England which is the difference.

At least it’s not genuine hatred they have for you B-) Probably just crap patter and naivety.
Haha I don't mind. I like the banter tbh. The funny thing is when I was a kid I was fiercely English. I stood in the Scotland end wearing an England shirt at the last rouse cup game in 1989 & I enjoy following the England cricket team but English football fans can be annoying.

Haha I don't mind. I like the banter tbh. The funny thing is when I was a kid I was fiercely English. I stood in the Scotland end wearing an England shirt at the last rouse cup game in 1989 & I enjoy following the England cricket team but English football fans can be annoying.
English cricket gets treated as any other English sport.. every generation is the golden generation and there is a good chance Belgium will beat them lol

Same commentary said Spanish sides have won the last 16 finals they've been in.
Its even better than that. They've won the last 16 finals against non-Spanish teams plus had 4 all Spanish finals since Munich beat Valencia in 2001 (the same year that Alaves lost to Liverpool). The domination of European competition by Spanish teams is absolutely phenomenal, even when English teams were dominant in the 70s/80s and when Serie A was at its peak in the 80s/90s, their teams didn't put a run like this together.

Don’t think you’d get away with that today :oops:

Agreed with regard to the cricket :cool:

I genuinely love this patter. Just wait until the Euros start B-)

As long as the Scottish pundits aren't dressed in tartan again, singing their mad songs.

Imagine they qualified all the time? :oops:
That’s not much of a counter-argument as I find our lot @rse-cringing.

It doesn’t change the fact that English pundits are overly self-involved in what happens in England and seem to be shocked when players who haven’t played in their precious league pump them out the tournament.

I also don’t get how often you qualify for tournaments is relevant. At this point you’re just coming across as they wee trolls on Twitter who are just fishing for a reaction. Strange thing to do on a club fans forum.

It doesn’t change the fact that English pundits are overly self-involved in what happens in England and seem to be shocked when players who haven’t played in their precious league pump them out the tournament.

I also don’t get how often you qualify for tournaments is relevant. At this point you’re just coming across as they wee trolls on Twitter who are just fishing for a reaction. Strange thing to do on a club fans forum.
No stress, mate.

I don’t do Twitter/social media, never have. Unless, this is classed as social media :cool:B-)

Its even better than that. They've won the last 16 finals against non-Spanish teams plus had 4 all Spanish finals since Munich beat Valencia in 2001 (the same year that Alaves lost to Liverpool). The domination of European competition by Spanish teams is absolutely phenomenal, even when English teams were dominant in the 70s/80s and when Serie A was at its peak in the 80s/90s, their teams didn't put a run like this together.
Crazy, stats.

English cricket gets treated as any other English sport.. every generation is the golden generation and there is a good chance Belgium will beat them lol
Haha tbf I went to an ashes test match in Manchester a couple of years ago & even though England effectively lost the series there, the atmosphere was incredible. Top banter all the way. English cricket fans are a different breed ;)

And I was making the point that if Scotland qualified more often, we may have to endure their pundits dressed up in fancy dress, signing about how they are going to win the cup. I still have the images in my head B-) Imagine they won the thingB-)

But it could be worse - we could have to listen to the English pundits bang on about how they are going to win it.
Lose, lose mate B-)

Haha tbf I went to an ashes test match in Manchester a couple of years ago & even though England effectively lost the series there, the atmosphere was incredible. Top banter all the way. English cricket fans are a different breed ;)
Totally agree..was at the big bash when I stayed in Melbourne and the atmosphere was decent .. but just to quote your post England effectively lost lol probably from a Belgium Australian lol

At least it’s not genuine hatred they have for you.

Instead, it’s maybe just crap patter and naivety B-)
You're not going to get many people on here who have genuine hatred for the English mate.

The English media wind some people up. Not sure why, they should stop reading or listening if it bothers them that much.

When Scotland go out, I'll be cheering on England to go on and win it alongside my mother. Yorkshire loyal.

You're not going to get many people on here who have genuine hatred for the English mate.

The English media wind some people up. Not sure why, they should stop reading or listening if it bothers them that much.

When Scotland go out, I'll be cheering on England to go on and win it alongside my mother. Yorkshire loyal.
“If”, not “when” ;)

Back