How much football do you watch outside of Rangers?

What other football do you watch outwith Rangers?

• None

Votes: 358 47.5%
  • Juniors

Votes: 33 4.4%
  • Champions League/Europa

Votes: 78 10.4%
  • EPL

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Every game that I can get to/watch on TV

Votes: 116 15.4%
  • International

Votes: 15 2.0%

• Total voters
Major finals with the odd check to see if the tims are getting beaten, otherwise have very little interest in watching games other than ours.

Over the years I've found myself watching less and less football outwith ourselves.

IMO the 90s was the golden era of football both for us and the likes of the Italian league where you could watch Batistuta and co. tearing it up and when Europe had a wee bit more unpredictability about it.

After months without a Rangers fix, I thought I would be more keen for these German and EPL games being played behind closed doors but I've only watched bits here and there, no full games.

How much football do you watch outwith our games?
Watch match o the day sometimes.

I go to watch my local team in Northern Ireland the odd time but have no interest in international football

Over the years I've found myself watching less and less football outwith ourselves.

IMO the 90s was the golden era of football both for us and the likes of the Italian league where you could watch Batistuta and co. tearing it up and when Europe had a wee bit more unpredictability about it.

After months without a Rangers fix, I thought I would be more keen for these German and EPL games being played behind closed doors but I've only watched bits here and there, no full games.

How much football do you watch outwith our games?
Totally agree, I think It’s an age thing. In my youth I’d watch any football. Now, at 40 it’s Rangers only, this is also due to time zones as I move about a bit and will only wake up at stupid o’clock for the Rangers.

Apart from Rangers, don’t tend to watch too much. I think the overkill of too many live games is denting people’s enthusiasm for watching live matches.

Interesting poll results so far. Suddenly the fascination people have with signing SPFL jobbers on here makes more sense.

:D

Personally I watch most of the EPL stuff that’s on, occasional Bundesliga/Serie A/La Liga and the interesting games of the CL/EL.

Tend to avoid international stuff beyond the actual tournaments or Scotland/England games.

Not that interested in football outside of Rangers. I keep a look out for Leicester City's results but little else at that level. I must admit I did enjoy watching Liverpool the last couple of seasons and Man City and Wolves are a joy to watch but there's too many teams like Everton and Villa who just bore me to death.
As I don't get to see Rangers anymore i've recently taken an interest in local football and will be up Chatham Town tomorrow night with a few other bears from Invicta Loyal RSC.

I've lived in the USA for years, and I used to tell people that I loved football (soccer). But over the past few years I've come to realize that I really don't. I don't even watch the CL final, or the World Cup, any more. I do watch highlights occasionally, but for full games, if Rangers aren't playing, I just can't be bothered.

Rangers first no matter where I am. I will have EPL on at weekends but not really paying attention. Outside of that I will watch Cavalry games in the Canadian premier league. I would always watch spl games when they showed them over here

Scottish Football on TV - only Rangers. Tried to watch Hearts v Hibs once but gave up.
English Football on TV - put on when it’s Liverpool/ Man City/ Man Utd / Chelsea playing each other but normally find myself doing something else and only glancing now and again.
European - used to watch Barca v Madrid been a while though.

Live - occasional Northampton Town or one of the non league teams near my house. Try and get up for a few Rangers games each year.

I hate football as a rule because it’s a ponces sport. Not watched live club football on TV since Bale scored an overhead kick in a Champs league final and that’s because I was in company. Before that, %^*& knows. I watched England/Croatia in the World Cup semi and I attend Pollok Jrs when I can.

Very little.

MOTD on catch up ...CL Final... Liverpool v Barca semi as had feeling Liverpool would win.

When travelling always tried to get to a match depending what city I was in.

I have no interest in any other games bar ours, I have all the sports channels but no interest but my son watches all football :rolleyes:

I used to go to watch Queen's Park with my dad years ago, and go to the Reserve games on alternate Saurdays.

But, now, I just watch MOTD and whatever English or European games that are on the tv.
So pretty much watch every game going, every day ?

I very rarely watch another Scottish game. Limited to a quick look to see the score

Less and less EPL

I still enjoy the The European competition

some International football. Scotland are rubbish and I normally turn off long before the end

If I watch the football during the week I've got an excuse to get out for a few pints. Good enough for me

None. I did watch the first half of the Europa League final and thought it was a great half of football, flicked over at half time and forgot about the second half, didn't remember until I seen the thread for it on here the next day.

I watch the odd game.

I had scotland game on back ground but was on FF.

If Rangers are playing the phone doesn't come out the pocket or off the table.

I used to watch every game I could, all round ups etc, but realise that theres more to life now.

I used to be the guy people would ask what games were on and when, both our games and anything else on tv no matter where in the world.

Nowadays I know when we are playing and watch all of our games, I’ll watch match of the day on a Saturday Night , and that’s pretty much it. I couldn’t tell you when a game is apart from ours and have zero interest in international football .

It’s reached saturation point and people get fed up with it-it’s not special anymore.

Haven't read the full thread, but for me the game has changed so much in the last maybe five years that I only occasionally watch latter stages champions league games and obviously our games. I don't know half the players in the EPL. Where you used to have players that you would love watching, those type of players are gone from the game to be replaced with athletes who can run all day. Every EPL and international team used to have somebody that would get you out your seat - Le Tissier, Ginola, Cantona, Bergkamp, Gazza etc.

EPL and champs/europa league games but i sometimes find myself drifting off sitting on my phone it doesnt keep me as drawn in as rangers games

Back