How much football do you watch outside of Rangers?

What other football do you watch outwith Rangers?

• None

Votes: 358 47.5%
  • Juniors

Votes: 33 4.4%
  • Champions League/Europa

Votes: 78 10.4%
  • EPL

Votes: 127 16.9%
  • La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Every game that I can get to/watch on TV

Votes: 116 15.4%
  • International

Votes: 15 2.0%

• Total voters
I’m surprised by the results so far. The amount of people that can guarantee the success of the most obscure players on the transfer thread seems very high compared to the amount of people that don’t actually watch any football

I mentioned this poll I think on the recent Scotland match thread.

I'd imagine there's a near 100% crossover of people who don't watch other football but can tell you exactly who is and isn't good enough for Rangers despite it.

I mentioned this poll I think on the recent Scotland match thread.

I'd imagine there's a near 100% crossover of people who don't watch other football but can tell you exactly who is and isn't good enough for Rangers despite it.

To be fair, only watching Rangers actually involves watching other teams as we have to play someone, so it's possible to only watch us and have opinions on other team's players.
Also, mentioning this poll on that thread I would imagine you were preaching to people who voted other than option 1.

Last edited:
I’m astounded 50% have said none.

I watch a load of other football. Generally Champions League, decent EPL games (although I don’t watch manchester city as oil clubs I find distasteful), top end La Liga, Bayern or Dortmund.

I don’t watch other SPFL games, so have zero interest in them, other than hoping the poets drop points.

If footballs on, I’ll invariably switch to it but the amount of attention I pay is negligible.

I tend to go to a junior game if we are not playing.

Petershill or Perthshire.

Probably not on sky though.

I’m only interested in Rangers but we do watch Man United because I married a Lancashire lass.

She knows that if by chance they are both on at the same time we will be watching Rangers.

Fortunately doesn’t happen too much, just the odd Rangers away fixture.

I've watched more non-Rangers matches in the last 2-3 months than I've watched in the last 2-3 years previous

I can't say I've been over impressed & I'm sure I'm not being overly critical either

Being honest / realistic - Scots fitba is still pretty low quality imo - but the idea that every other league is far superior isn't quite as clear cut though

I always suspected that the EPL outside of the top 4 or 5 was vastly over-hyped & increased viewing has strengthened that opinion

The English Championship for all it's competitiveness still suffers from a lack of skill & ability outside of it's top 2 or 3 imo

I find this inexcusable given the revenues from parachute payments etc. - because if you scrape the surface of the mid-table teams they're only marginally better than their Scots equivalent despite operating on multiple times the budget

As for international football - well maybe the least said the better

None. Modern football is generally crap in my view. Watching a full game between sides I’ve no emotional interest in just feels like a massive waste of time.

None. Modern football is generally crap in my view. Watching a full game between sides I’ve no emotional interest in just feels like a massive waste of time.
I'm a lover of all sports but especially football so I feel the complete opposite, I love watching games and trying to figure out tactics or predicting changes etc.

I will put a game on in the background but no real interest , I know a lot follow an English team but it takes all my time and effort to follow Rangers

A bit like a lot of people I have recently went through stages of both extremes, there was a full season where I probably sat down to watch all of 5 games excluding ours, but a lot of that was due to working at the weekends. The champions league was starting to lose me for a while but I think the last two seasons have had some cracking games so I have become a bit invested again.

After the covid break I have been watching more football than I ever have since I was around 14, suppose I will see if it lasts.

Watch EPL and Champions League
Will watch Europa League in the knockouts don't watch it in the group stages.

International Football I only pay attention to the World Cups and European Championships.

I can sit and watch the most mediocre of games involving Rangers, yet I cannot watch 5 mins of any other game no matter who is involved.

I don’t think the so called “Super Sundays” did much to help, they were usually the biggest pile of push

I watch most EPL games that are on Sky, don’t have BT as I cancelled it years ago, so don’t watch any European games apart from us, and I watch that at the local Rangers club. I much prefer the Championship as a game to watch, a lot of the EPL I lose interest midway through the game. Plus since it came back they all want fag break after 20mns, it’s starting to put me off.

Tuned into some Wolves games last season, as they were a good watch.
Fair play to Glasgow City. If you overlook the inferior strength and physicality, their technical skills were decent.
Watch some Scotland games as am determined to stand against the politicisation of our national team.

Tuned into some Wolves games last season, as they were a good watch.
Fair play to Glasgow City. If you overlook the inferior strength and physicality, their technical skills were decent.
Watch some Scotland games as am determined to stand against the politicisation of our national team.
In relation to the last point, I could hear the Eric Carmen and Gilbert O’Sullivan songs as I typed !

I can sit and watch the most mediocre of games involving Rangers, yet I cannot watch 5 mins of any other game no matter who is involved.

I don’t think the so called “Super Sundays” did much to help, they were usually the biggest pile of push

push/pish? bosh/bish, sick dosh/all tosh(ish), PL English, give it a miss.... or,
if it ain't RedWhite&Blue, it's Kaka!
:))

Last edited:
I always find myself watching the English Championship game on a Friday night. Bit more honesty about it, no VAR and most teams attack.

The only team I make time to watch is Rangers. I’m too busy with other things to watch other teams I have no interest in.

Watching our games which are generally attack v defense with time wasting sanctioned for the defensive team can be a hard enough watch with the emotional attachment, %^*& watching that where you don’t give a toss about the teams,

Almost zero. Pretty much fallen out of love with football other than Rangers.
Watching Rangers, every atom in my body is in fight or flight mode. Every match day I’m buzzing, doing my pre match rituals, a bundle of excitement and nerves.

Watching any other football, I’m quickly bored, loose interest and do something much more worthwhile, like listen to music/masterbate/wash my hair/shave my baws/paint the garden fence (I don’t even have a garden).

I find myself watching less and less outside of us. If football is on I usually try to watch it but find I pay little attention or switch over to something else after 10 minutes or so.

Nothing compares to watching Rangers

Very little wasn't one of the options so went for none. Can't be bothered with the English game. It's just a sky plaything now. Much like the champions league. Catch the occasional latter stage game in Europe but certainly don't tune in religiously like I once did. International football is like death by a thousand cuts. I only watch Rangers really.

Nada, zero, zilch.

was a time I’d watch match of the day every week without fail, sat midday and evening game and super Sunday all weekend every weekend but not anymore. Not sure what and when it changed but it’s not what it was and I know everyone says that about their era of football but what it is now is truly something different, at least in the 2000s it was still mainly football.

Only exception is the World Cup, I still feel how I used to when watching World Cup football and catch everything I can, maybe because it’s a historic and one off thing, but club football is everywhere constantly now, it devalues the importance.

Used to have a ST at the Bridge to see Chelsea. Stopped going in 2017 due to a combination of factors unrelated to my actual enjoyment of the game, but as I slowly wound down my attendance at matches I realised just how absolutely fucking over-rated it really is.

Atmospheres are totally honking throughout the prem, literally the only times I felt real passion from the stands at away games was against United away early in Mourinho's second tenure when Moyes was in charge and Rooney was heavily linked with a move to Chelsea (match was a horrendous nil nil and I was obliterated), and against Villa away when Benitez was in charge and Lampard broke Bobby Tambling's scoring record for the club - fucking scenes.

Beyond that, it was turgid, repetitive muck. I do really enjoy watching Chelsea and I watch their games whenever they're on the telly, but gone are the days of me relentlessly tuning in to see the likes of Burnley slog it out against Southampton, or indeed the dross that is West Ham against similar low lying garden mulch like Newcastle. At very best, I will have it on in the background - barely even bother with MOTD any more.

Wont be up the road any time soon but if I was to make the move the first thing I would be doing would be registering my interest for a ST at Ibrox. Got no cunt to go with but it wouldn't matter - that's the difference for me... Chelsea was about the piss up and the day out, Rangers is more than that.

In a direct answer to the question in the title of the thread. I used yo watch anything going football related before I got married and had kids but now it’s just Rangers I watch.

not sure if it was just time and life getting getting in the way it just a general malaise for football.

I think the way Rangers have been treated has killed my enjoyment of watching other Scottish teams especially on the BBC. I used to love the highlights package on sportscene back in the day but now I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw it. RTV and YouTube filled the gap for highlights

Used to watch a lot of English prem games but not as much last season. Factors such as VAR checking every single goal, lots of pish games, too many ‘nice’ teams - long gone are the days of a game such as Man U v Arsenal being a battle, too many mediocre foreign players, it’s just more of a tourist fans league with half and half scarves on show at all the big games and Chinese tourists taking photos. The atmosphere comes across as crap at most games. The FA cup is a non event now with teams playing reserve teams.
Don’t watch the champions league much as it’s getting boring with pretty much the same teams fighting it out every year.
Pretty much no interest in international football anymore.
Away from Rangers I’ve slowly started to lose interest in football elsewhere.

The answers weren't specific enough, so the closest was "none" for me. I do watch finals of major tournaments though.

I watch any game thats on when i can. Anything from J League to A League to MLS, and all the normal SPL, EPL, and lower English leagues.

I like seeing good young players in the other leagues before they hit the big time and get moves to Europe.

I used to go to watch Queen's Park with my dad years ago, and go to the Reserve games on alternate Saurdays.

But, now, I just watch MOTD and whatever English or European games that are on the tv.

One half of me wishes I had an English team I supported, without one the Prem just doesn’t keep my attention at all. The other half of me says fuck anything that’s not Rangers.

There was a time I watched football nonstop but now if it isn't Rangers I really struggle to watch more than 5-10 minutes before getting bored so I voted none.

Back