How was Yilmaz?

You know nothing about our new Turkish international. Because he is an international, doesn’t mean he’ll be spectacular. I’m hoping I’m proved wrong, but it is going to take a lot to replace what we have lost in that position. I hope I’m wrong. I want to be wrong.

But Strapp is a great wee player, knocked back Celtic as he is a bluenose. He will surprise a few folk in next few years.
Amazing. Lewis has a great left foot and takes a great thrown in but has absolutely no pace . He never knocked back that mob either because they never made a bid for him. To compare him with our new signing is another another level of madness even for FF .

Reminds me of Leighton Baines of Everton. Looks tidy but needs to sharpen up. Needs time to come to terms with the game here. Barasic is still our left-back.

Amazing. Lewis has a great left foot and takes a great thrown in but has absolutely no pace . He never knocked back that mob either because they never made a bid for him. To compare him with our new signing is another another level of madness even for FF .
Yeah he has some throw in and my original post was just tongue in cheek but folk pushed it further, but Lewis is a great player and he did knock Celtic back, even as a kid he played for us, knocked Celtic back, played for Killie but came to sign fully with Morton as local. Had few options to leave but Morton actually see him as a future captain. His ball control is fantastic, as a youth he was one of best in Scotland. In a good team, he’d be great. He definitely should be playing for a Hearts or something.

But all started as tongue in cheek mate, but, just because other lad is an international player, doesn’t mean to say he is going to be great. That’s like saying because someone is an international for Malta or San Marino or somebody it means they’re great because they’re internationals. We’ve just lost Bassey, this new lad needs to step up and step up fast. And I hope he does. I want him to.

But yeah all tongue in cheek mainly, but I haven’t been proven wrong yet until season goes on. I honestly hope I can love the lad like I did Tugay. :)

Looked nervous today which is understandable , ball rolling under his foot seemed to knock him a little , played safe after that , my one concern is the physicality , Pushed off the ball a little to easy a couple of times , needs time to settle

Yeah he has some throw in and my original post was just tongue in cheek but folk pushed it further, but Lewis is a great player and he did knock Celtic back, even as a kid he played for us, knocked Celtic back, played for Killie but came to sign fully with Morton as local. Had few options to leave but Morton actually see him as a future captain. His ball control is fantastic, as a youth he was one of best in Scotland. In a good team, he’d be great. He definitely should be playing for a Hearts or something.

But all started as tongue in cheek mate, but, just because other lad is an international player, doesn’t mean to say he is going to be great. That’s like saying because someone is an international for Malta or San Marino or somebody it means they’re great because they’re internationals. We’ve just lost Bassey, this new lad needs to step up and step up fast. And I hope he does. I want him to.

But yeah all tongue in cheek mainly, but I haven’t been proven wrong yet until season goes on. I honestly hope I can love the lad like I did Tugay. :)

So you are now equating a San Marino or Maltese international with a Turkish international? Strappy’s level at best is Scottish Championship and he will be the first to admit that. He also never knocked back the mhanky mob because a bid was never received.

Barely got involved and when he was the ball was running out of play etc, he is tiny and so lightweight aswell. Hopefully kicks on bur wasn't an encouraging showing at all.
Did you have a few pints before you went to the game mate?

My first dive into this thread to find an answer.
FF at it’s normal worst

Not really put under any pressure so time will tell defensively. Would like to see him
contributing more going forward. Early days.

Naw, how? If you thought he showed up well yer fucking lien to yerself.
How? Cos you're talking pure shite that's how.

He was nervy/poor for the first 15/20 minutes or so then grew into the game. Was having a very good 2nd half before being subbed in the triple substitution.

How? Cos you're talking pure shite that's how.

He was nervy/poor for the first 15/20 minutes or so then grew into the game. Was having a very good 2nd half before being subbed in the triple substitution.
Clearly you watched another game or have low standards, your the one talking shite here ha.

So you are now equating a San Marino or Maltese international with a Turkish international? Strappy’s level at best is Scottish Championship and he will be the first to admit that. He also never knocked back the mhanky mob because a bid was never received.
I think everything you are saying about Strapp is nonsense. But each to their own. And Strapp knocked that lot back twice even as a kid.

I think everything you are saying about Strapp is nonsense. But each to their own. And Strapp knocked that lot back twice even as a kid.
Omg you are just digging yourself a bigger hole here. We apparently should sign a Championship full back instead of our highly sought after new signing. Is Ross Wilson aware of Strappy‘s potential here to slot seemlessly into our starting eleven?

He'll get better once he beds in and gets to know his team mates. Not worried about his height tbh, could maybe do with bulking up a little but I'm sure the club have got a plan sorted for him to work on in the gym.

His size could end up being an advantage, low centre of gravity will make him difficult to get the ball off of without being fouled. Wasn't an eye catching debut, pretty steady and safe overall. Find some of the critiques of him a bit out there and over the top but that's FF in a nutshell really.

Omg you are just digging yourself a bigger hole here. We apparently should sign a Championship full back instead of our highly sought after new signing. Is Ross Wilson aware of Strappy‘s potential here to slot seemlessly into our starting eleven?
No because big boab hasn’t told them.

Most of those slating yilmaz were probably belting about how lundstram is the best on earth.

I don’t mean some saying he looked like he was trying too hard etc.

What a mental place this is at times

He was very poor there is no point denying it
If you compare with Patterson and Bassey when they first came in then clearly lacking
I would say no better than Souttar last week
Plenty time for him to come good but you wouldn't say he grabbed the jersey

This thread is carnage. The boy done ok, no more no less. Should he be binned because he wasn’t outstanding? He’s had one game in a new environment and will need many more to find his feet in his new surroundings. Thankfully he won’t be reading the shite posted on here tonight and he’ll kick on.

Nervy debut and got done a couple of times defensively. Played a few decent balls in to centre midfield, missing out the first man, which was refreshing.

No idea how he was deployed at Besiktas or how they setup, but he looks like a wing back and would suit playing wide in a midfield 5 with 3 CB's behind.

I think I'd stick with Borna starting on Tuesday and bring him on for the last half hour, like the first leg.

This is the worst take on this thread. What the fck are you talking about?
No, I reckon this is...

"but, just because other lad is an international player, doesn’t mean to say he is going to be great. That’s like saying because someone is an international for Malta or San Marino or somebody it means they’re great because they’re internationals"

Nervy debut and got done a couple of times defensively. Played a few decent balls in to centre midfield, missing out the first man, which was refreshing.

No idea how he was deployed at Besiktas or how they setup, but he looks like a wing back and would suit playing wide in a midfield 5 with 3 CB's behind.

I think I'd stick with Borna starting on Tuesday and bring him on for the last half hour, like the first leg.
That's a really good point regarding him looking like a wing back, I thought so too, maybe one of the main reasons Gio went for him as he would play the wing back role very well in my opinion, good versatility there

He’s 20 looked nervous but hopefully comes on, the Kilmarnock right back/wing back is also 20 on loan from arsenal and there’s an argument that he was the best player on the park today I’d sign him
Up

Back