How's David Bates been doing at Cercle Brugge?

Who cares how he is doing, do we need to follow every single ex player ?

People love ripping the pish on here, there is no way anyone just randomly starts wondering how David Bates is doing.
Bit of a shite post from you in all honesty. Discussion board and all that.

a

He missed a sitter in on goal.

We failed to beat Artmedia over 2 games

They took 4 points from Porto and won 3 -2 in Portugal.

Shit like that a super league can't do.
Such a bizarre CL campaign but I suppose it was the only highlight of that season

Patter on this thread is tragic.

I'll occasionally look to see how ex players are doing in their careers, you sometimes think 'what if?' other times its 'we dodged a bullet.'

Big bates was an honest if limited big player who if hadn't got injured in that 3-2 game at Ibrox, I think we would've won. He's one of very few young Scottish players who have had a go abroad so it's not unusual to see how he's getting on every now and then.

England under 21 captain etc.

Don't hang me for this etc
He played decent once against Holland under 19s or 20s.

Fit for 6 months under Pedro
Gerrard took 45 minutes at Dundee and went get to %^*&
Must be about 28 now and no doubt still carrying the "huge potential " tag

Might just be me and I know it’s a discussion forum but if I wanted to know how Bates or an ex player was doing I might have had a look on their clubs website/match reports.

People love ripping the pish on here, there is no way anyone just randomly starts wondering how David Bates is doing.

I did when the thread popped up.

I also had a random thought after the game on Sunday of a balloon I lost 6 years ago when it went out of my hand. I wonder if it will ever come back.

Might just be me and I know it’s a discussion forum but if I wanted to know how Bates or an ex player was doing I might have had a look on their clubs website/match reports.
I wish to f uck the OP had taken this advice.
I’ve just trawled through 2 pages of dire patter.

“How’s (insert shite ex player name here) doing?”
Rinse and repeat until Shengus loses the will to live.

He was on a H&H podcast the other day promoting his book. Sounded well.
I seen that but that was a while ago, just checked Amazon and i bought the book 29th March so it was about that time, another poster said he is back near Aberdeen so that would be a bit safer.

I still wake up in a cold sweat some nights remembering a time when he was our "best" defender

It always amuses me how Tom Laing threads never get this kind of reaction. Can only think of two reasons why. B-)

David Bates parents are as staunch as they come. He's also a big Rangers fan and the notion that he went in demanding big bucks is far removed from the truth.

But here's another thread bashing one of our own and for no specific reason. Shock, horror :rolleyes:

Back