I’m really starting to dislike the board and senior management

They saved the club sure but they seem so out of touch with the fan base

Park and the directors
Bisgrove
Wilson
Robertson

The issues are mounting up from the transfer window failures, the refusal to accept safe standing and a decent compromise on the old firm allocation to the farce of this friendly today . That’s before you get to the clubs general PR stance and refusal to properly call out officials .

There are either out of their depth or think they know better .
Im really starting to dislike ungreatful fans

I'm personally still hanging on to the Ross Wilson train and think (/hope) that the whole system he's put in place will begin to benefit us at some point. I remember seeing the behind the scenes stuff they did after 55 and it did look like we were levelling up.

My only fear is the first team player recruitment part of it. It's been quite bad if you look at it as a whole. I remember reading the Southampton forum's thoughts when we got him, and when you see it now it's almost like deja vu...

Exactly the same as us, none of the signings were ever ready to slot right into the first team. Their previous 3 or 4 transfer windows they signed loads of players but none were the required standard. Took forever with contract renewals, or messed everything up by giving random players the highest wage at the club.

"we have no cash to spend anyway seeing as we failed to sell any of the flops this summer."

"We have spent huge amounts of money on players who are average at best."

"Good. Had this summer to prove himself as the main man after a few poor windows as the "second in charge". Failed to deliver again, based on what's happened so far, so it feels like he's definitely an area we could improve on."

"if he is anything to do with recruitment of players, he should be sacked!"

"But obviously he's stuck to the policy of buying players for the future rather than ones who can come straight into the team"

"Jeez....he is in the Harry Redknapp camp for me....if you get enough in one or two will be good enough and make you look good!!!"

"Shall I also talk about the inexplicable contract renewals of Fwather Forthter to make him the highest paid player at the club?"

"Leaves behind a bloated, slow and mentally feeble squad, truly the worst I can remember in any division have been in.

Hmm...
That is the fear.

I would also add....

Our excellent European form in recent years.

Improvements and maintenance at Ibrox including the New Edmiston house project.

Renaming and enhancing the Rangers Training centre.

Recruiting a world superstar to manage the team (x2).

Getting rid of Ashley and Sports Direct.

Banning Spiers, Gollum and the Record.

Promoting fan media.

Calling for the removal of Doncaster and overhaul of Scottish football.

Releasing a report into the decision to award Celtic the title.

Creating a financially sustainable business model.

We should always be vigilant given recent history but the current board are good guys that saved the club that they and we all love.
Clutching at straws with the majority but especially the bottom 3. Can you expand on them?

1. We are not financially sustainable.
2. Is 'calling for the removal' of someone actually a positive? I could understand if they actually removed him but a half arsed statement?
3. Again, a 'report' that done nothing and was forgotten about the next day.

The've put in £100m in shares/loans

We won the league last year.

We are four points behind Timmy this season with two Old Firm games to play.

Safe standing I will grant you is on the back burner.

I don't want Timmy to darken our doorsteps ever again.

It's all about opinions. :)
I personally don’t care about safe standing and concur with your post.
However the club is short of cash 3 windows no signings. You may know if Veerman and Olsen were genuinely players the former manager wanted and given the outlay was about £10m that’s not a crazy amount for a club of our stature. The consistent failure to proactively call out errors/cheating/incompetence (which ever it actually is) has harmed us massively. It’s pathetic and they must avoid this friendly if it’s actually real. The mankies don’t acknowledge our existence why the heck are we pandering to them? If we are.

It's clear that we need fresh impetus, new investment, dynamism, vision and strategy.
How is it clear. We have gone from a basket case to champions. From not getting past first qualifier to nearly in QF. Stadium improvements , excellent training facilities and a great kit deal. The board have given you two brilliant European managers. What is this new vision bringing - better Wi-Fi, the opportunity to play FIFA, watch YouTube and Rangers TV all on the same monitor ?

Park and the directors
Bisgrove
Wilson
Robertson

The issues are mounting up from the transfer window failures, the refusal to accept safe standing and a decent compromise on the old firm allocation to the farce of this friendly today . That’s before you get to the clubs general PR stance and refusal to properly call out officials .

Out of touch with the fanbase?

Not everyone wants safe standing - and I would wager if you had a list of priorities for supporters it would not be in the top 3 for most.

What's wrong with the scum allocation? There is no solution to keep everyone happy?

- Ban them - they ban us and away Bears can't follow the team to the piggery where we have no presence.
- Give them the full Broomloan - obvious advantage to them in that they get a higher percentage and prime position in our stadium compared to the shit we get at the dump.
- The 850 or so away fans seems the least offensive and is it not a rule there has to be an allocation made available for the visiting team?

Transfer window failures? The directors continue to pump money into the club which appears to be operating on a loss year on year. We can't spend money we don't have and put the future of the club in jeopardy again.

PR stance - again I think the fans would be split on how we improve PR so again can't please everyone.

Calling out officials - we are pushing for VAR which clearly indicates a growing concern about decisions. I believe there were supposed to be discussions about it yesterday.

Park and the directors
Bisgrove
Wilson
Robertson

%^*& off with this utter nonsense

How is it clear. We have gone from a basket case to champions. From not getting past first qualifier to nearly in QF. Stadium improvements , excellent training facilities and a great kit deal. The board have given you two brilliant European managers. What is this new vision bringing - better Wi-Fi, the opportunity to play FIFA, watch YouTube and Rangers TV all on the same monitor ?
1 trophy - albeit an important one - out of umpteen.

If we want to go to the next level we need a form of change within the structure of the club.

The way we settle on a narrow lead we might as well admit its like another point. We could have clawed some of it back on Sunday but decided to take a nap again during the game.
We didn’t settle on a narrow lead. We threw everything emotionally and physically into one one of our top ten European results in the last two decades a few days before. We pummelled Motherwell for 90 minutes , they got three chances and scored two . We made ten times the number of chances and also scored two. The tactics were right, team selection was right. Chances were made but not taken.

We didn’t settle on a narrow lead. We threw everything emotionally and physically into one one of our top ten European results in the last two decades a few days before. We pummelled Motherwell for 90 minutes , they got three chances and scored two . We made ten times the number of chances and also scored two. The tactics were right, team selection was right. Chances were made but not taken.
It may be having watched it again, that we took three chances.
I also believe we may well have had a penalty.
Every week we are finding that teams defend with their lives and when they are on the edge of the rules, they get preferential treatment from officials desperate to defend with them.

As someone noted elsewhere, there’s been a real complacency since 55 happened which board, players et al have been stuck in. It needs to be sorted.

Questions about the recruitment strategy of some senior execs are also valid. Why is the comms guy in aside from being an Ulster prod, for example? And for all the Bisgrove fanboyery, it’s not not exactly blue chip.

I respect the board but it’s important not to be all kumbaya about them.

The've put in £100m in shares/loans

We won the league last year.

We are four points behind Timmy this season with two Old Firm games to play.

Safe standing I will grant you is on the back burner.

I don't want Timmy to darken our doorsteps ever again.

It's all about opinions. :)
And there it is.

No one can have an opinion that goes against the board because they saved the club.

We are as big a doormat under this lot as we were under Murray, but hey, they saved the club.

Sod safe standing. I want the board to back the club 24/7 eight days a week.

The board have done a Sterling job imho but I can’t back them if they agree to this proposed jaunt to Sydney with the Peadophiles.

We are a shambles off the field.

I could make a pretty large list of everything if I spent an hour doing so, but I don't think you're really interested.

The customer service, mygers lies, the ticket office not being contactable, the SLO being non-existent, the lack of disabled facilities, the lies about safe standing, the memorial garden, the squad management situation, the castore deal income (despite record breaking sales), the recruitment over the past 4 windows, Edmiston House (originally supposed to be finished this yet nowhere near it, and the funding from selling half of Albion car park hasn't happened), the absolute lack of PR strategy, asking loyal Rangers men who have photographed the club & fans for decades to stump up 20k per year.

Thats off the top of my head in the past 2 minutes. There are far more issues if you want to look deeper and take the blue tinted specs off.
This is the best post on this thread

So many fans with their head in the sand. Like we’ve learned nothing.

Park and the directors
Bisgrove
Wilson
Robertson

Utter pish.

If we win the league this season, all this talk goes out the window.

However, our dealings in the transfer market have been shocking. No added first team quality that immediately goes into our starting XI and makes a difference.

That is shocking. Two windows of dross. Crap, projects that are possibly for the future, or injured crocks.

We need to strengthen this stagnating team.

Congratulations because that is a cracker.

Simply first class.'Nearly' in the q/fs.

That's a new one and don't think it's gone unappreciated.

Could you not have just said we're in the last 16?

Not everybody is actually in favour of “safe standing”.
Please not that just because you and everybody you’ve spoken with do, it doesn’t mean most fans do.
Also, even if 99% of those who contribute on these pages want safe standing, it still doesn’t mean most fans, most season ticket holders do.
Not one to hold against the board, at least until you know that the majority of supporters want it.
The large majority of the broomloan are in favour of safe standing

This thread highlights the extremists views in our fanbase

On one hand, the OP is probably OTT but equally those dismissing it are OTT.

There are more than a few perfectly valid concerns that the fans should have towards the current board and the way they treat the fans with contempt.

Yes they saved the club by putting millions in albeit they’ve got shares in return worth millions.

However, that shouldn’t mean any questioning of them should be dismissed.

Not everybody is actually in favour of “safe standing”.
Please not that just because you and everybody you’ve spoken with do, it doesn’t mean most fans do.
Also, even if 99% of those who contribute on these pages want safe standing, it still doesn’t mean most fans, most season ticket holders do.
Not one to hold against the board, at least until you know that the majority of supporters want it.
I’d then say this post also applies to the old firm ticketing allocation

Why as a fan base, after all we've been through, do we think winning is a divine right.

Yes we want to win every game, but it's not going to happen.

I want to add that we haven't reached our commercial peak yet, but the great runs we are having in Europe can only help. This will help to drive up revenues.

We cannot spend money we don't have.

I am happy with the stewardship.

I would also say that our fan base has a wide and varied opinion on all matters relating to the club. Dare I say even some positive opinions as to our progress.
As many have said in the thread there are very credible and accurate reasons to criticise the board and the management since May 2021.

I am not one for wetting my pants and I am not wetting them right now however come May 2022 that might change

Where we not in a tournament of sorts with them in Lyon pre-season but we just didnt play each other, no idea how that worked or if i just imagined it through beer glasses. Could be a similar scenario. Just saying.

We are a shambles off the field.

I could make a pretty large list of everything if I spent an hour doing so, but I don't think you're really interested.

The customer service, mygers lies, the ticket office not being contactable, the SLO being non-existent, the lack of disabled facilities, the lies about safe standing, the memorial garden, the squad management situation, the castore deal income (despite record breaking sales), the recruitment over the past 4 windows, Edmiston House (originally supposed to be finished this yet nowhere near it, and the funding from selling half of Albion car park hasn't happened), the absolute lack of PR strategy, asking loyal Rangers men who have photographed the club & fans for decades to stump up 20k per year.

Thats off the top of my head in the past 2 minutes. There are far more issues if you want to look deeper and take the blue tinted specs off.

No surprise that no-one has attempted to tackle this reply because it’s bang on the money.

I'd stand no chance of getting a ticket regardless. I want Celtic to take Dortmund's allocation (i.e. not the whole of the Broomloan) because it improves the spectacle. If we can beat Dortmund with their allocation, we can beat Celtic with the same allocation. There's nothing better than hearing the noise from the away end at Celtic Park when we're pumping them.
I have literally no idea why anyone would want to set to foot in that shit hole but each to our own.

They get the bare minimum end off

Nice one Sammy seems like you share the view of your average Clyde caller than your average Rangers fan

What do you think we should all have learned then?
Do you believe we’re still being run by spiv types?
I don’t think anyone has accused them of being spivs.

There are lessons and concerns to be looked at though - I simply don’t believe it’s a coincidence we have wen my back words since King left

Lacking players to lay into, today it seemingly is Ross Wilson`s and/or the Board`s turn to get flak.

Last time I checked, it is the manager who selects the team that runs out to the park, and how they play. For the best part of the season, we have 15-30 shots on goal in Premiership games, but put just a fraction of them into the back of the net.

I for one would have asked the previous (more than) and the current manager, why he plays a line up with so few people able to score, when he has three goalscorers at the ready and could effectivly play them all in the same system and line up, i.e. a nominal 4-3-3. We simply have failed to adress the wrong tactics on the park against most Scottish sides, the signings we made, especially this winter. were hardly the problem. Unless any new signing would have changed the tactics - which I doubt.

It's clear that we need fresh impetus, new investment, dynamism, vision and strategy.
Absolutely bang on it’s evident to see imo the board at club are lacking ambition which from the top is running through the club. Not strengthening the squad to build on last season was criminal with what’s a stake I pray this team can turn it around for everyone sake involved at the club.

Back