I complained to sky sports RE orange b******s chant

It’s rarely sung at games but surprised you’ve never heard it if you’ve been on a bus or pub before an away day .

Travel independently to home games and don’t do away games bud.
Maybe that’s why I’ve never heard it

We are hardly angels on the abuse front are we? Cheers up Brendan Rogers...... We are Rangers no one likes us...... Up to our knees in....... The only song that I could play.... We hate Roman Catholics..... et al.
Clear up our own song list, and we can go to town on the Beggars. Until then, it's a non starter.
Thanks for the back up.

The whole point of it all is that they get to say what they like about us and wouldn't dare say the same about the filth.

Nothing to do with who sings what. No one really cared when it was a level playing field.

WDYGH was the breaking point. An obvious wind up and was discussed in the big hoose ffs.

I got exactly the same response. Pathetic as always. Glad I don’t pay to watch Sky
Dear Sky TV,

I'm not a Sky customer, but I'd just like to say I was very offended by something you broadcast on Sunday that I watched on my dodgy TV box.....

:))

We are hardly angels on the abuse front are we? Cheers up Brendan Rogers...... We are Rangers no one likes us...... Up to our knees in....... The only song that I could play.... We hate Roman Catholics..... et al.
Clear up our own song list, and we can go to town on the Beggars. Until then, it's a non starter.
The point was that the wee rat condoned the sectarian chant. Fucking 2-faced rat lady's front bottom.

A large section of our support refer to themselves as Huns. This makes it difficult to get the term classed as offensive. The Papes on the other hand have the Offended bus ready at the slightest indication of abuse and use their poor downtrodden Oirish race card every turn. They seem to be totally innocent and blameless victims and we are the aggressors .

Really?

That's new to me.

As other posters have pointed out, it’s not about the songs it’s about the double standards.

Also, can you tell me which Rangers song contains the line I’ve highlighted please? Because I’ve never heard it.

The one he’s referring to is the Tiffany chant mate . I wouldn’t have believed it myself either until I stopped at a service station on the way back up from a family holiday down south last year . Two supporters buses kind of piled in at the same time , sure enough singing those exact words .

Didn’t bother me personally of course I’m no angel myself but there is no doubt the cringe factor went through the roof and it was not a good look to civilisation going on around us . I know drink is taken and so on but Fck me there are still a few neddy and humiliating “ songs” our away fans come out with . And Tiffany must be up there .

Absolute bollocks, I don't know a single bear who refers to himself or any other bear as a hun.
In fact it's what we called them in the not so distant past.

I know of a couple , and despite trying to educate them , it’s as if people especially outwith the Glasgow and surrounding areas , have deemed “ hun “ as some sort of pet nickname for Rangers fan/Protestant .

It really irks me as to me a “ hun” is a Nazi , and if anything applies better to another fan base , certainly not us .

In fact we have a great song with hun in it referring directly to the Nazi Germans .

Sadly some “ bears “ seem too thick or too lazy to challenge anyone on it.

For the avoidance of doubt it is classed as a sectarian term the exact same as 19th Century Terrorist , and rightly so .

I hope we reclaim it and let them know who the real “ huns” are .

“ Go take our sons , and tell the HUNS, that we are on our way....”

Last edited:
Can I add for the people questioning why I bothered emailing in.

Wasn’t so much what they were singing . It was the fact the commentators who are meant to be impartial were laughing at the fact.

Wouldn’t hear that type of response if it was aimed at a Celtic or ex Celtic player

Don't explain yourself mate it was clear what you were saying, some pea brains just hijacking the thread to spout pish

32 likes for this post Bears!o_O

It actually amazes me.the amount of Bears who dont get this
It's like banging your head off a concrete wall with some of our support, they are so naive it's frightening.

Back in the day we sang our songs, they sung theirs and everybody just got on with it. However they decided to go after us for what we sing in an attempt to hurt and damage us and bully us into submission. So much so we got songs banned, supporters jailed for singing them and the media always willing and ready to highlight anything they perceive as 'offensive' from us. All the while they are allowed to act with impunity, sing what they want and do what they want without any condemnation from the same people who are all over us if one of us so much as breaks wind.

On Sunday there thousands of Celtic fans could be heard shouting sectarian abuse at an ex-Rangers player live on SKY TV and one of their pundits commentating made a joke about it! All this just a few months after the First Minister of Scotland got involved in a 'sectarian' debate after Neil Lennon was struck by a coil after taunting opposition supporters.

If some Rangers fans can't see the glaring difference there then there is no hope for us.

Never heard anyone making jest of our singing ?

I know of a couple , and despite trying to educate them , it’s as if people especially outwith the Glasgow and surrounding areas , have deemed “ hun “ as some sort of pet nickname for Rangers fan/Protestant .

It really irks me as to me a “ hun” is a Nazi , and if anything applies better to another fan base , certainly not us .

In fact we have a great song with hun in it referring directly to the Nazi Germans .

Sadly some “ bears “ seem too thick or too lazy to challenge anyone on it.

For the avoidance of doubt it is classed as a sectarian term the exact same as 19th Century Terrorist , and rightly so .

I hope we reclaim it and let them know who the real “ huns” are .

“ Go take our sons , and tell the HUNS, that we are on our way....”
As I said mate every bear that I know consider it an insult and wouldn't use the term.
Considering the vermins previous support for the Nazi's during the 2nd world war and our support for the armed forces any bear using the term deserves a good kicking.
Maybe it's a generational thing but get it to %^*&.

No self respecting bear calls themselves a 'h*n' and anyone who does has no self respect in my opinion. I am a Rangers supporter, I am not and never have been a h*n and will challenge anyone who uses that word in my presence.

I love the Rangers support, however one of the biggest faults we have is that we are as a support a bit lazy and reluctant to defend ourselves and our culture. We are a proud club with hundreds of years worth of history and we represent a long and proud tradition of hard working, British and Scottish people and those are values that should be celebrated, not apologised for or shyed away from when dealing with bigoted 'Celtic types' or bitter Nats. Some Rangers fans unfortunate do back down a bit too much from defending us and that is why, in my view, the Scum can get away with their behaviour on Sunday and why idiots like Walker and Crocker feel confident enough to make light of it, because they know they are unlikely to be taken to task for it.

The Rangers support if united, is a potentially formidable weapon as we are a massive family, but I feel we need to get a bit smarter.

Not really you can be a 19th Century Terrorist and still be a protestant ' but you must be a protestant to be an orange man

Exactly Alex...I was about to post the very same.

I've never been in the company of a good 19th Century Terrorist b@stard - Yet!

LOL 788

Lot of guys getting hot under the collar ...personally I couldn't give a flying fuk as I never watch the child molesters on the telly

A large section of our support refer to themselves as Huns . This makes it difficult to get the term classed as offensive. The Papes on the other hand have the Offended bus ready at the slightest indication of abuse and use their poor downtrodden Oirish race card every turn. They seem to be totally innocent and blameless victims and we are the aggressors .
No chance is it a ‘large section of our support’.
In my experience, it’s the odd walloper who supports Rangers but never goes to a match. Usually a total fud, the type who you wish would just shut the %^*& up when Rangers is the topic of conversation. I don’t know any Bears who are ‘proper’ Rangers fans who refer to themselves as huns. As for myself, I had to step outside my normal placid nature and tell a tramp in work that if he referred to me as a hun one more time I’d take his face off. And he knew I meant it. Im a fairly respectable and respected middle aged manager now, but the tramp knows a bit about my past and knows I was involved in violence in my youth. You can take the boy out of Easterhouse, but you’ll never take Easterhouse out of the boy. No Surrender.

Last edited:
Can I add for the people questioning why I bothered emailing in.

Wasn’t so much what they were singing . It was the fact the commentators who are meant to be impartial were laughing at the fact.

Wouldn’t hear that type of response if it was aimed at a Celtic or ex Celtic player

I’d just like to quote myself. Didn’t think I’d be proved right so quickly! Look at this Steve Clarke incident and how many media outlets are running with this big bad rangers story for a game that wasn’t even on live TV compared to the Boyd incident live on Sky sports !

Back