Ian Holloway slams Murty re Goss talk

Relegation for QPR. Why would Goss want to go from European and potentially CL football, to playing in English League 1?

Thats what i meant..huge club..championship down south is better than spl but he wont play for a club as big as ours

Very true. Not necessarily talking about Goss but overall our awful league will hold us back from signing/keeping some good players. It's infuriating.

From QPR forum

Originally Posted by topperharley
Not sure if we can even sell him given the buyback clause Man Utd put in. Unless that goes with him?

Would assume united get first refusal. So if rangers bid, united are notified and given the option to buy at buy back price.

Holloway is a tool.

And despite what he says, every player has his price, Goss too.

That said, I was surprised when Murty talked to the mhedia about signing Goss. IMHO, he should have kept his mouth shut. Over the years I think we have quite consistently gone about our transfer business in a business like fashion without airing much of it in the mhedia. So I was surprised Murty was drawn into doing so here.

As a more general observation, I am not much of a fan of some of the stuff Murty comes away with in the mhedia, from fawning over Lennon, bigging up Brown or generally seeming to want to be liked by all and sundry. Combine that with not calling it like it is re the likes of the challenges on Jack, Dorrans and Cardoso which led to long term injuries. If the last five years have shown anything, it is that no one likes us. That cuts both ways so far as I am concerned. It's us against the haters and we shouldn't be pandering to any of them.
On the other hand, Murts is fairly inexperienced in dealing with the media from a managers standpoint.

It is not so much that he wants to please everyone, it is more Murty having the wisdom given his present status, to not offend anyone or to make enemies unnecessarily.

It is early days for Murts and personally, I impressed with the way he is growing into the role.

I agree 100% that Holloways is indeed a tool.

Thats what i meant..huge club..championship down south is better than spl but he wont play for a club as big as ours

I think at times some folk don't have a grasp of reality these days. Players in England are earning in a week what they would get in a year up here.

Scottish football is seen as a joke down south, and rightly so we have a Mickey Mouse league. It's not twenty years ago when we were competing with the best in Europe.

We signed Arteta from Barcelona when he was on loan at PSG because we outbid them, PSG couldn't afford him, they couldn't compete with us. Look at where they now compared to us.

Our only hope is we can pick up players we can get the best of for a season or two as they use us a stepping stone to the English Premiership, like Morelos.

Hardly a revelation from Murty.

Club loans player. Player plays well and is consistently in the starting 11 for loan club. Given this, club is exploring options to make it permanent. Is murty supposed to lie and say we arent interested?

For what its worth, i think all the noise from qpr is simply negotiation tactics

Ian, it’s a bit like taking a beautiful woman to a party where all your mates are. You get settled in at a table and after a few pints you go for a posh. Whilst your away one of your mates nips in and your burd is gone.

Obvious Hollaway feels a lady's front bottom cause he didn't think Goss was good enough and all the QPR fans and media are seeing how well he is doing just hope Goss hands in a transfer request.

From QPR forum

Originally Posted by topperharley
Not sure if we can even sell him given the buyback clause Man Utd put in. Unless that goes with him?

Would assume united get first refusal. So if rangers bid, united are notified and given the option to buy at buy back price.
I don’t know why this would worry us or them. Man Utd aren’t going to buy a cultured footballer.

Back