Ianis Hagi

Absolutely love him he’s a joy to watch and capable of producing a moment of magic out of nothing the kind of player you gladly pay to watch

Had a poor opening spell, made some poor decisions.

Then comes out with that bit of magic that leads to a goal.

Probably needs trusted to come onto a game at this stage.

Thought Hagi had another good game last night! He has a football brain, skillful and a will to win! Great to watch!
Also, has a great attitude when in and out of the team - never hides!

Had that goal been scored by arsenal or Man Utd they would have been raving about it for weeks.
Craigan for once was bang on, you won’t see a better goal in the competition all night.
Just sensational football and another contender for our goal of the season award.

By my count 11 touches from Kamara’s first to gooooooaaaaallllll!

Should be in for goal of the week at least, if not the round, not one Antwerp player laid a boot on the ball.

Kamara’s drilled pass, Hagi’s turn & pass, Alfie going past his marker and then Kent’s burst of speed to turn it in.

Wow, just wow :D

His part in Kent's goal seems to go unnoticed.

This boys technical ability is ridiculous, maybe didn't have his best game but someone who plays like him won't have a good 90 minutes but they will have 2 or 3 top quality moments in a game.

What a player.
Will soon be the best player we have by a fair distance once he gets the cinsistency that comes with age

This boys technical ability is ridiculous, maybe didn't have his best game but someone who plays like him won't have a good 90 minutes but they will have 2 or 3 top quality moments in a game.

What a player.
Best as an impact player at the moment for me. No doubting his technical ability or his vision, but to play as one of our front three beside Alfie you need pace, especially in Europe.

I was raving about this last night, what a player he's eventually going to be and would love him to stay with us but don't think that will happen unfortunately.

Many of the 'misplaced' passes aware down to vision and trying things. He takes risks and pushes others around him. He is increasingly working harder and harder on all his game.

I really don't get the criticisms as he has done as much Kent and more than Roofe. Hagi is warming up this season and next he will be the main man. Doesn't switch off like some others and is always up for the game. When he starts Morelos plays better too as they both create space and pull the defence all over the place.

I love Hagi , the guy is class and he’s only 22, to many bears are too quick to slate him when he’s had a bad game, I’ve always said be patient with him this lad is going to be something very special indeed, I’ll stick my neck out and say “in the same bracket as gazza “ remember the apple does not fall far from the tree........ if coached right , which he is at this moment of his career, no wonder his dad keeps saying this is the right club for him at this moment.make no mistake he is going to be a very very special player indeed.

Before the start of the season, I was still undecided on him. Thought he looked good in spells in Europe but miles off it domestically but mainly because the position didn't suit where he was practically being asked to play as a winger. Delighted he's proved me wrong and is now one of the first names on the team sheet. He absolutely worked his socks off last night for us.

Outstanding for that goal, the turn took about 3 players out the game! Seems to get it too, he wants to be at the club winning medals and you can’t ask for more than that.

Best as an impact player at the moment for me. No doubting his technical ability or his vision, but to play as one of our front three beside Alfie you need pace, especially in Europe.

Last night proves that's not true.

He impacts every game.

He’s a brilliant player and will only get even better. He might not control a game for 90 mins but he contributes something every game.

What a player.

but kamaras pass though...

So much about that goal that was brilliant

His control and awareness is fantastic. He takes it with his right foot, then , with his left places a perfect pass from his blindside.

What a player.
Glad it has been highlighted. It was no accident that the ball landed at Morelos feet. Even in an interception Hagi managed to use both feet to direct it to his player.

He's been brilliant. A truly gifted player that I believe will still get better. Apparently, he is as professional as they come. Aribo seen the work he (Hagi) was putting in at the gym and realised he would have to do more this season.

I do rate him highly and he offers things that nobody else in the team really does.

He reminds me of a puppy though, so enthusiastic and everything is done at full tilt until he's burst. Always feel like he expends a lot of energy in everything he does and could maybe learn to control things a bit so he's able to have an impact for the full 90. Get Davis to give him advice cause he's got no pace yet always seems to have all the time in the world

His attitude is first class

Thought if his decision making and touch was better in the first half we could have been out of sight before they even equalised. Showed all his quality in the second half and the touch, turn and pass at the third goal was real genuine quality we know he possesses.

He might not play well for 90mins but what he does is give us at least one moment of magic which can lead to a chance or goal. Boys stats are amazing for someone who was out the team at the start. Just wish he had that little bit of pace but all in all a great player who will only get better.

What a player.

He’s one of my favourite players.

I thought the young man was superb. He’s brave and often takes on a difficult pass in the hope of creating something.

As a creative player that’s better than nudging an easy pass for someone else to take the risks. It won’t always come off for the lad but you have to break eggs and all that.

Perhaps not at his absolute best tonight but he worked his socks of the entire game. I would have subbed Aribo for Arfield instead because you always feel Hagi is capable of that moment of magic
I’d agree, if we were chasing a result or looking to change the game.

The players need to 'find' hagi more, he is almost always in space. His goal last year against Braga, about 8 of our players are in or around the box,nearly all of them the mainstand side of the penalty spot. Hagi is on the corner of the 18yd box the otherside.

He's a great player and is only going to get better. He had that dip where f all wass going right, taken out the team for a while and came back with a bang, a couple of winners a good few assists and then you get Kents goal, he'll not get an assist, but it makes the goal.

Even if Hagi is having a quiet game he can always offer something.

For £3m it's a bargain and we have yet to see the very best of him.
Even more of a bargain when you consider I doubt we’ll get any less than that when we sell him, no matter what happens

I thought the young man was superb. He’s brave and often takes on a difficult pass in the hope of creating something.

As a creative player that’s better than nudging an easy pass for someone else to take the risks. It won’t always come off for the lad but you have to break eggs and all that.
This is probably why Gerrard and the like rate him.
Not being afraid to miss.
Whether that’s a shot at goal or a more difficult than standard pass.
Then there is all rather kicks he takes and comes back for more.
Great wee player.
For me, this probably won’t go down well, a better option than Aribo.

The players need to 'find' hagi more, he is almost always in space. His goal last year against Braga, about 8 of our players are in or around the box,nearly all of them the mainstand side of the penalty spot. Hagi is on the corner of the 18yd box the otherside.

He's a great player and is only going to get better. He had that dip where f all wass going right, taken out the team for a while and came back with a bang, a couple of winners a good few assists and then you get Kents goal, he'll not get an assist, but it makes the goal.
Regards your first point; exactly, and it was the quality of Davis that seen him and found him

your second point; I’d add that after being taken out the team he’s came back with the right attitude; no billy big baws playing on the name or reputation, no sulking. Just accepted he had to get his head down and work hard, he did, he got his chance again, and now he’s flying

Back