If Reading came for Murty

Reading have been struggling for some time and change there is possible. Given that Murty does not have the Rangers job on a permanent basis would he leave us for a permanent job with them in the Championship.

As things stand I don’t think he would even consider it!!

I'm an unashamed fan of Murtinho. I like his attitude and honesty and I like the style of play he's trying to encourage - and some of the goals we've scored have shown how important his insistence on good team-work and communication are.

Plus, we have to acknowledge that we're skint.

I know he has his frailties but we have to cut our coat according to our cloth and, right now, he's a thoroughly decent gaffer for us.

I'd like to see our Board putting him on, say, a 12 month rolling contract to show commitment and continuity. We really don't need to be assessing our manager's suitability after every game.

He's already a legendary figure at Reading and he's doing a fantastic job managing the top team in Scotland at the drop of a hat and you can't see him being high on their wish list?
Really?
Well I'm probably on the wrong wavelength- but I'm thinking along the lines of he hasn't actually done anything with us yet- sure he's had a couple of great results but it's hardly been consistent - he must still be considered unproven at best so far
Sincerely hope he continues to improve - but like I say until he does he wouldn't feature high in most club's wish list IMHO

The guy has the job till the end of the season until he makes a mess of things he will be assessed on the results and points and how far we go in the cup.

Most if not all of us are happy to make our love of Rangers a top priority. However, if Murty was to get the opportunity to go to Reading or some other decent club, who can blame him, if he seriously considers locating his family, in a part of the UK, which is free from the type of stuff that we have to put up with here.

Anything other than a win against Hearts this weekend there will be the cries that he’s not a manager etc etc.

I think at the moment he’s happy enough to go back to coaching the youths. That might obviously change if we win something.

Back