If you could add any one player who has ever played for us into the current squad

Goals from midfield mate…Arfield is the only player who gets himself into the box…Durrant was as good as Scholes early on.
Durrant was mowed down in his prime as we all now,arfield is hot and cold,I think as much as I now arfield nows what a bear is about he needs replaced.

Despite turning into a complete dick, Terry Butcher was the best defender I’ve ever seen at Ibrox. Couple that with the Winchester which makes Goldson’s cross field passes look like a Neil Murray 5 yard shuffle, he would be perfect in our team.

Despite turning into a complete dick, Terry Butcher was the best defender I’ve ever seen at Ibrox. Couple that with the Winchester which makes Goldson’s cross field passes look like a Neil Murray 5 yard shuffle, he would be perfect in our team.
Davie weir and culleur for me.

Not seen it here, but it's pre injury Michael Mols for me. We get so many balls from the edge of the box into the box with no end product. One touch, that turn and the oppo goalie was picking up the ball to punt it up for a kick off He'd have tucked away so many of the intricate one touch moves we do. We didn't sing "He gets the ball, he scores a goal" for nothing did we?

He'd be on 20 goals just now half way into the season and everyone would be saying Fura-who-shi.

Last edited:
Not going on my favourite player but purely on what I think we need now then it must be Gazza or Durrant. We are strong on the wings so Laudrup and Cooper fall off. In defence we are also okay but I would love Dave Smith and Tam Forsyth to be there. I have reason to pick Ally and Hately but it is that attacking midfield we really need stronger. Durrant for sure and a shout for a fit Gazza. I also saw Baxter but he is not what we are missing. Barry Ferguson not in the races.

I’ll go for someone that’s relatively recent who would fit the team/squad perfectly to avoid just naming the best players we’ve had over the last 30+ years.

Nikica Jelavic. The thought of him with the quality of service we could provide him now would be sensational. The damage he would do to the league.

Claudio Reyna - thought he was amazing in midfield for us and seemed to be everywhere breaking up play, great passing and getting box to box - our present midfield is great but if we could also have Reyna in it, the midfield would be amazing

King Brian of Laudrup all day every day. One of the few actual world class players to play for us in my time.

From my era Eric Caldow in defence , but how could we bypass the magnificent, gallus genius of James Curran Baxter great memories on this eve cheers

Our weakest area right now is central defence and the best central defender I have ever seen play for us was Richard Gough. We would when 56 with King Richard no doubts. But I would still choose Laudrup and if you so him back in the day you would understand.

A Barry Ferguson in our midfield and you could engrave the title just now.

McGregor bring touted as the best midfielder around, Barry owned some of Europe’s best. Wee squint eye would soon understand what a proper midfielder is.

Tempting as Laudrup and Gazza would be, if I could hit reset on a players career with us and allow them to restart in the here and now instead, I'd be taking pre-injury Michael Mols every time.

We've got plenty of firepower up front already but no cover whatsoever at the back hence my logical choice.
Is that not like being given a wish by a genie and then making the logical point that you have just run out of milk so some more would be quite nice?

Centre backs are vital of course, but not THAT hard to come by. We had a long string of exceptional ones in Gough, Amo, Moore, Boumsong, Cuellar, Bougherra, Weir, etc. And the current ones of Goldson, Helnader and Balogun broke records even their predecessors never got close to! Wasting a wish just cause Helnader and Balogun have been out for a month seems illogical if anything.

We have been lucky enough to have true legends of the game grace our pitch. Once in a generation stars like Gascoigne and Laudrup. Markets many of us fear we will not be able to shop in ever again. A chance to bring a player of that calibre to the club is surely the answer, regardless of how much 'firepower' we have. Replace an Aribo with a De Boer? A Lundstram with a Ferguson or a Wright with a Laudrup? I plummed for Roofe for Mols. Alfie wouldn't get a look in!

I know I should pick Baxter, Cooper, or Laudrup, but something is making me go for Alex MacDonald, a human dynamo in the midfield

Barry Ferguson, but I'd also like to see what an out and out goalscorer could do. Coisty is before my time so I'd say Boyd.

Albertz, to have someone in the team who will take a fcuking shot!
This all day long. He would be so versatile as well as he could play in the midfield three or the front three. He would physically dominate every opposition player in the league as well.

Back