If you could add any one player who has ever played for us into the current squad

Super Ally without a doubt, goal scorer supreme of course but his general play was so under rated, the range of goals he scored was spectacular too.

Also helps that he was chief t**rier slayer too, no one put those bastards to the sword more than he did.

Sandy in Royal Blue. Not because he’s the best footballer who’s ever played for us but he represents all that’s good about Rangers for me.

Albertz.

The idea of defending deep for small teams would be over with as Albertz is the only player Ive seen for us that had that shooting ability plus he scored in massive games.

Last edited:
bit surprised he's not everyone's pick, since he's the best player imo

Best player I've ever seen playing for the Rangers and as I said, I've been going to Ibrox for well over 60 years. When I was a youngster watching a young Wullie Henderson I remember older guys around me saying that Alan Morton was better than him. The young boy in me then thought that it was just old guys romanticising a player from the past.. I've seen all of our great players from the late 1950's onwards. There have been none greater than Brian Laudrup. If we should ever see his like again at Ibrox we will be privileged.

If you could add any one player who has ever played for us into the squad right now - who would you have?

I’ve thought about this for ages whilst watching old videos of us and we have had some brilliant players grace our team over our history!

For me i would add:

Super Ally

I always thought when he was on the pitch that he’d score and score he did.
Mark Walters.

Gazza for me.

He would be equally effective against all the teams that sit in against us,as he would offer that bit of magic to break them down, and would also raise his game and thrive against better opposition.

A guaranteed 20 goals a season from centre mid and countless assists.

Best player I've ever seen playing for the Rangers and as I said, I've been going to Ibrox for well over 60 years. When I was a youngster watching a young Wullie Henderson I remember older guys around me saying that Alan Morton was better than him. The young boy in me then thought that it was just old guys romanticising a player from the past.. I've seen all of our great players from the late 1950's onwards. There have been none greater than Brian Laudrup. If we should ever see his like again at Ibrox we will be privileged.
much as I loved Cooper, objectively speaking, Laudrup was the better player, I'm sure Coops mentioned that himself, look at what Kent's doing to the teams in the league at this moment in time, imangine what Laudrup would do:eek:

I'd normally answer Baxter to any question of this type & quite frankly he'd grace any team almost anywhere at any time IMO

But in the interests of specific improvements to our current squad -
I could also argue that Ian McMillan - or Alex MacDonald alongside or just behind Joe Aribo could be utterly awesome

The same could be said with Colin Stein, Dado Prso, Mark Hately or Jelavic along side Alfie - that combination would frighten most defences to death

Big DJ, the amount of high ball's that are put into the box and no one on the end of them, free kicks,corners the same, the lack of heading ability in the team let's us down every game.

That’s a great question!

For me, just for pure nostalgia and love for the club, and the one man who would fit straight into the side. Ian Ferguson.

Would also like to see a certain Mr McCoist in the side, he would run amok in this current squad and league!

Great question that will engender all sorts of replies and answers!

If you could add any one player who has ever played for us into the squad right now - who would you have?

I’ve thought about this for ages whilst watching old videos of us and we have had some brilliant players grace our team over our history!

For me i would add:

Super Ally

Albertz

Gazza.

They bursting runs when we are in the need of a bit of magic would see us to the tittle with a bigger points gap than last year.

For me i would add:

Super Ally

Anyone not saying Laudrup is mentally ill.

If we are talking what I think this team misses then it simple for me. Albertz all day long.

Don't need to worry about a low block when you have someone who can shoot for 25 yards like he could
Even Albertz type shooting couldn’t get through the forest of bodies and legs that’d be in front of him these days.

To play with 10 of our current team in the league as it is now- Hateley
There would be carnage

Merry Xmas Fellow Bears!
That’s one big advantage Hateley has over Johnstone.
Both, I guess would be as hard as nails but, I reckon Hateley could be a bit more of a nasty bar steward.

Back