IFAB discussing increasing half time to 25 minutes to accommodate superbowl style entertainment

Not for me in any way shape or form.

If clubs want to make more money from fans, give them the option to arrive early or stay later in comfortable surroundings. In Scotland that probably means bars and restaurants.

If I wanted to go and see live music I would, it is really just an excuse to have more adverts and generate more revenue.

Doncaster would just agree with everything being asked

Just think of the rubbish we'd be stuck with watching in Scotland. Andy Cameron, a fiddler's rally, the return of the inflatable sumos and a dress rehearsal for the BBC Scotland hogmany show.

Difference in the US is the facilities to support that;

You can eat and drink until your hearts content.

At Ibrox, you’d be bored, cold and hungry.
I think this is the point.

If the concourses were better at Ibrox, with space for some basic seating like you get in a food court etc, and crucially alcohol could be served, then I actually think this would be quite good, and quite a money spinner for the club.

Not so fussed for the half time entertainment, perhaps something more kids orientated wouldn’t be a bad idea.

However, this would be a disaster whilst the Scottish Authorities keep us in the dark ages regarding licensing laws.

The tourist league down south will fucking love this idea.

I can't think of anything worse. You would maybe get a name or two now and again at Ibrox or them but the diddy teams will have to put on a karaoke or something to pass a 25 minute half time.

If that comes in I'll most likely call it a day. The next step will be 4 quarters.

We play games in the freezing cold most of the time and standing around at half time is the worst part. Add in people traveling from all over the place every week to get to Ibrox.

Wouldn't work up here.

Even more reason for 2pm kick offs. Why we kick off at 3pm has always baffult me.
In olden days folk used to work Saturday mornings, hence the song every other Saturdays my half day off and it’s off to the match I go.
3 kick off gave time to get to game

Is the match not meant to be the entertainment?
Aye lets have a longer break from the thing you came to see to see something for 25 minutes you couldnt care less about.
If they made Ross County v Livi 15 mins but had 90 mins of pole dancers, burgers and lager it would make some sort of sense.

The pies will be inedible for a rat in 25 mins never a fan.

Bad enough just now.

Burnt offerings?

F**k the razzamataz - it’s football the genuine fans want to watch. While I get that many want to increase income revenue streams, this should be before or even after an event.

I’ve been to Newmarket races, and to attract more, they started putting on live bands after the racing had finished…. that’s a great way, whereby if you’re not into either, you can come and go as you please.

I don't understand singing at any sports event. People have bought a ticket to watch the game, that is the entertainment.

There's no need to add entertainment to the entertainment, this is an idea floated to line the higher up's pockets and nothing else.

If anyone has watched football on these South American channels before, you'll know it is filled to the brim with adverts already, so much so you can barely see the game itself. They're obsessed with adverts in that region. I'm not surprised it is them who have put the idea forward, cheap bastards.

It would be much more preferable if the powers that be would stop pissing about with the game and actually get the refs to apply the rules instead. Clamp down on the time-wasting, the foul throws, the continual pushing and pulling at corner kicks, shirt pulling, the feigning injury, the cheats etc. etc. Maybe then the punters would get a product worth the 25 minutes wait for the 2nd half to start.

The people who make game’s rules are considering extending HT for reasons that are nothing to do with a ball getting kicked?

All they should be doing, if anything, is deciding whether HT needs to be extended for footballing reasons! Do players need more than 15 mins? They’d probably need to warm up again after 20 minutes inside.

Do managers want more time at HT? Do physios need more time?

If they extend HT, they best make kick off times earlier. It’s already difficult for a lot of people in midweek games at KO at 8pm and may have extra time!

Surely it’s dangerous for the players. 15
Mins is fine but surely 25 mins would result in players stiffening up and getting injuries

I don’t want to sit for any longer than 15 minutes either sweating my tits aff or freezing my baws aff. Get this shite to %^*&.

I’d imagine it would only be for big, televised matches like cup finals, most matches would just gave the normal break. Still don’t like it

The only good that would come from that is possibly almost making it back to my seat in time after queuing for a pie for eternity.

Got to the front of the queue a few weeks ago with the wee man. He needed the toilet, missed kents goal so decided right queue for a pie and whatever my boy wants while we are here. Queue forever even with over 5 minutes left of the half. Eventually get the front. A girl who clearly English isnt her first language hence the wait.
"Have you any hotdogs?" We have hotdogs but no bags....right can i still have one? No we cant. Spot bags in the heater at the back that are clearly burgers. Can I have a cheeseburger? We dont have any...whats that in they bags over there? Thats hamburgers and cheeseburgers.... ffs! right can I have a cheeseburger please
Get back to my seat hand the wean his burger and the teams came back out.

This is about my 4th post about the food at Ibrox this season. Its clearly getting to me!

Brilliant! Gives supporters a bit more time to sample the top quality and fantastic variety of food and beverages available under the stands at Scottish football grounds……. :rolleyes:

Back