Injured Morelos traveled to Colombia despite being told not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can honestly be arsed with this anymore.
Arsed with what? Papers writing dubious stories about him? You don't have to read them. They would be more than delighted to hear that their smear piece has had the intended effect on our fans, i.e. turning them against one of our very best players.

He's certainly not the ultimate pro is he? Fecks off when he fancies, comes back unfit and takes several months to get up to speed just about every pre-season when we are depending on him.

Throw in his run of mostly self inflicted bans and hissy fits you get the feeling that he thought he was too good for us and can pretty much wing it until his contract is finished. Which is exactly what he has done this past 2 seasons.
Self inflicted bans? Here we go now ahaha we've forgot the targeted abuse he was on the end of, constantly booked for nothing except looking grumpy for years, the subject of racism and abuse from fans, etc.

Utter nonsense and lies that he's been unfit every pre season, and more nonsense that he's been winging it for 2 years when he was one of our best players in Europe, up til his major injury that you've conveniently also forgot about.

Self inflicted bans? Here we go now ahaha we've forgot the targeted abuse he was on the end of, constantly booked for nothing except looking grumpy for years, the subject of racism and abuse from fans, etc.

Utter nonsense and lies that he's been unfit every pre season, and more nonsense that he's been winging it for 2 years when he was one of our best players in Europe, up til his major injury that you've conveniently also forgot about.

Which is why I said mostly.

I’ve posted proof the Colombian FA didnt declare him injured until after the Bolivia match which he trained for but was not selected.

that poster isn't fussed about proof or sense, seems to have a weird fantasy about Morelos banging his boyfriend though

It’s not really patter is it?

Your glee RE the sun’s claims is palpable. At this point I reckon you get wetter at the sight of a negative Morelos story than either of Walker and Crocker do.
Nah, I’m just fed up of the same player continually ripping the piss and treating the club and by association the fans with contempt.

It’s not exactly a first incident involving this player either.

It’s not really patter is it?

Your glee RE the sun’s claims is palpable. At this point I reckon you get wetter at the sight of a negative Morelos story than either of Walker and Crocker do.

FFS it’s not the suns “claims”. They’re reporting on an actual interview that took place in Colombia with actual quotes.

Did you even bother to read it?

I’ve posted proof the Colombian FA didnt declare him injured until after the Bolivia match which he trained for but was not selected.
He was injured at Dens Park before travelling over. Ice pack clearly visible.

Player chose to travel over carrying an injury. Player chose to take part in training within 48 hours of Dens Park knowingly carrying an injury. That’s always been my stance on this situation regardless of todays article and allegation.

And before anyone else claims he didn’t have a choice to travel over, countries and clubs operate on trust which is why Rogic withdrew from Australia squad in the same window and wasn’t summoned to travel to Oz to prove he was injured.

FFS it’s not the suns “claims”. They’re reporting on an actual interview that took place in Colombia with actual quotes.

Did you even bother to read it?
It's no Alfredo's fault. Nothing is.

Kevin Clancy will be getting the blame for getting him onto the flight over there by drugging Morelos BA Baracus style soon.

It was just a wee joke Mr Laudrup but he was injured for the CL qualifying, from over-exerting himself while playing for Rangers in the Europe League, you must know that.
He could and should have featured against PSV but was left behind due to his state and attitude.

You must know that?

It's no Alfredo's fault. Nothing is.

Kevin Clancy will be getting the blame for getting him onto the flight over there by drugging Morelos BA Baracus style soon.

It seems an incredibly bizarre tale for a Colombian legend to spin up without any clear or obvious motive for doing so, but of course some will find a way to claim it’s all lies to defend Alfie.

If it was Scott brown talking to celtictv I could maybe understand the notion of this all being BS, but I’m really struggling to wrap my head around why this guy would make all this up to a Colombian radio station / podcast (whatever it is).

One poster suggested it was for content haha.

Excellent patter.

It has quotes from a former Colombian player.

Some posters could walk in on Morelos ploughing their mrs or boyfriends perhaps, and the posters would make a defence for it.

Never in the modern times has one player been given so much leeway and excuse making by some of our fans.
And their defence would start with ”ah love the wee man, but ….”.

Although they might just walk right by it. They don’t seem to be able to see when somebody’s taking them for a mug.

Not old enough to remember when Paul Gascoigne played for us then?

Why did you crop the rest my post?

The bit you conveniently cut out my message was related to “is the hassle/drama worth it”

So if you’re really comparing the package that Alfredo Morelos brings to Paul Gascoinge…. Then it’s time for your maw to switch your wifi aff. :eek:

The noise continues.

I’ve never known a player with so much drama around him. Some justified, some not.

Either way… is he worth the hassle….? Only Michael Beale and Ross Wilson will be able to confirm. Although Douglas Park was quite damning at the AGM regarding “demands” of players going out of contract. Ofcourse this could be related to Kent, Jack, Arfield, McGregor, Davis, Helander rather than Morelos but I think it may be unlikely.

Personally I think Morelos will be on his way and the club won’t lose sleep over it. (Apart from the club seeing what was once an significant asset walk away for nothing)

He was good for us and we were good for him. Time to part ways though.

We don't know what will happen in the summer, that conversation is still to be had according to the manager. However, it's about the here and and now as there's still a lot to play for this season.

With the current media campaign against Alfredo it's important to remember what Beale said in his pre-match Motherwell press conference --

''Since i've came back in Alfredo has been fantastic in all aspects. There's not been any issues whatsoever. I think sometimes people try to force and find one. He's scored 7 goals and 5 assists since i've been here and he hasn't played every game. His goal contributions per game is probably 1 in 1.''

Of course it is. Imagine asking Alfredo to play games of football ffs.
There was games where he could have rested him as you well know, here's another thing,, let's keep him happy till the end of the season, as we will need him.

Last edited:
There are none mate, but where Morelos is concerned there doesn't need to be, it's just the usual feeding frenzy.
Okay, again, I’ve misinterpreted a post.
I thought I’d missed the verifications that I’d actually asked for a few posts earlier.
Therefore, I seem to be with you here.

We don't know what will happen in the summer, that conversation is still to be had according to the manager. However, it's about the here and and now as there's still a lot to play for this season.

With the current media campaign against Alfredo it's important to remember what Beale said in his pre-match Motherwell press conference --

''Since i've came back in Alfredo has been fantastic in all aspects. There's not been any issues whatsoever. I think sometimes people try to force and find one. He's scored 7 goals and 5 assists since i've been here and he hasn't played every game. His goal contributions per game is probably 1 in 1.''

I’m almost certain that Beale and Wilson already know whether Morelos, Kent and Tillman will be here next season. Beale’s already said he knows more than what’s out in the public domain.

He’s also going to do nothing but back his players (and rightly so) even if they are planning to move on in the summer as there’s still plenty to play for.

Morelos is the best option we have right now. Then he’ll well part ways imo and move on from each other at the end of the season.

Excellent patter.

It has quotes from a former Colombian player.

Some posters could walk in on Morelos ploughing their mrs or boyfriends perhaps, and the posters would make a defence for it.

Never in the modern times has one player been given so much leeway and excuse making by some of our fans.
You're just having a go at fans (us) in general. Funny way to get your point across. Don't expect it to go unchallenged.

You're just having a go at fans (us) in general. Funny way to get your point across. Don't expect it to go unchallenged.
Gio bombed him out the squad for our game in Eindhoven and still folk defended Morelos despite the clubs statement and the fact we all had eyes and could see the disgraceful physical condition he was in

Games he’s been sent off before we’ve had posters blaming everyone from Brown, big bad opposition fans and even Keith Jackson ffs.

It’s a riddy. Some would rather find excuses and use deflection than to criticise the player on merit.

He missed a euro run and final. What a space raider he can be at times. Probably why he is being moved on.

There was games where he could have rested him as you well know, here's another thing,, let's keep him happy till the end of the season, as we will need

Is it too much to expect him to dig in for the club thats given him everything for a few games and then rest over the international break?

We'd expect it of any other players, no?

The plan was clearly for him rest over the international break, but, he went against the club's interests again and buggered off, where, low and behold, he picks up an injury training and the team are without our highest paid player.

Indefensible.

Gio bombed him out the squad for our game in Eindhoven and still folk defended Morelos despite the clubs statement and the fact we all had eyes and could see the disgraceful physical condition he was in

Games he’s been sent off before we’ve had posters blaming everyone from Brown, big bad opposition fans and even Keith Jackson ffs.

It’s a riddy. Some would rather find excuses and use deflection than to criticise the player on merit.
You must nearing the vinegar strokes now

Don't know if this is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Sick of morelos and the drama that goes along with him.

A player who delivered and then some on our journey back to the top, he carried the team many times.

He deserves a level of criticism for some of his behavior during his time at the club but the abuse he receives from some on here is off the scale.

Criticize him by all means but FFS keep it reasonable please.

Some fun facts:
We need him for the league run in, we need him for the cup semi final and hopefully, we will need him for the final.
He on a completely different level to any other striker currently at the club.
I’m pretty sure the Manager would tell you that Morelos has enough detractors, racists and bigots who love to boot the boot in at any opportunity from outside the club, our own fan base really don’t need to join them.

If the Rangers Manager looks at him during the run in and decides to offer him a contract, that will do for me, brilliant.

If the manager decides to move him on, he goes with my thanks for everything he has done for my club and I wish him the very, very best.

Constant sniping and showcasing stories from the Sun having a go at Allie on FF, nah, not for me.

COLOMBIAN legend Faryd Mondragon has claimed Alfredo Morelos was ordered not to travel for a series of games for his country last year by then-manager Reinaldo Rueda because he was injured... but turned up anyway.

Morelos was at the centre of a bizarre episode last season when firstly, he travelled a total of 14,832 miles for two World Cup qualifiers against Argentina and Peru and didn't even make the bench for either of them.

Then he turned up for Colombia's crucial double-header against Venezuela and Bolivia in March only for the Colombian FA to announce halfway through that he was injured and he missed the rest of the season with Rangers, after having thigh surgery.

Former Ibrox hero Ally McCoist actually made the point at the time that players leave for international duty anyway.

He said: "Call me old-fashioned, but if he is injured, I'd have him on the first flight back to see and evaluate it.
"But I don't know how it works these days with international players, sometimes they can leave without permission, you know."

Morelos has never played for his country since and is stuck on 11 caps.
He last played for his country for just nine minutes in Colombia's Copa America campaign of seven games almost two years ago.

But goalkeeping legend Mondragon - who played in three World Cups and held the record for the oldest player ever to feature at the tournament at one time - came out with a curious theory about Morelos' absence in a South American sports show, Planeta Futebol.

He said: "I know for a fact that a player travelled for international duty with us last year when he was expressly told not to come because he was injured.
"That player was Alfredo Morelos.
"The former fitness coach of the national team, Carlos Velasco, told me he joined up without permission.
"I asked him why Morelos got on the plane without permission and he said he didn't know."

Colombia sacked Rueda after failing to qualify for the World Cup and are now managed by Nestor Lorenzo, who hasn't handed Morelos an international recall.

The striker is back in his homeland during the current break and courted confusion again at the weekend.
He pulled on an EVERTON strip for a kickabout on his South American trip and was pictured by his charity's social media manager.
The Toffees were one of the many clubs linked to the forward through his Ibrox career - but that may be approaching an end-point with his contract expiring at the end of this season.
The Scottish Sun has approached Rangers regarding the goalkeeper's claims.
THE SUN!

"Yes, I can hear you Faryd Mondragon"
rwiKKIehLx8F6Tg8F79Er8OIca_378Pazotk3bfAV7KzX1SguFoUi5YpVSAxVrygmJusCrar7a-NnaraiOCK5GlLlyzQaDvqU1OTHeD901nKawL0dkwbVmXHR7K9XvNj80W5kuQMFpxFtTyPvpaSsnXJFwikaPxfX2dka2VTPHBvUd5nVgzbxzEj_-PI8vvfS6nv55YXwm7rkgJ_MLioDAzZa1_Pf0GaY5i8aId-Zo1-8x0JnKf7lcEvaOjGfhF1mZFkNXt6d4bT=-w400-h400-n-rj-c0xffffffff
Yes....yes..YES.YES..YES

A player who delivered and then some on our journey back to the top, he carried the team many times.

He deserves a level of criticism for some of his behavior during his time at the club but the abuse he receives from some on here is off the scale.

Criticize him by all means but FFS keep it reasonable please.

Some fun facts:
We need him for the league run in, we need him for the cup semi final and hopefully, we will need him for the final.
He on a completely different level to any other striker currently at the club.
I’m pretty sure the Manager would tell you that Morelos has enough detractors, racists and bigots who love to boot the boot in at any opportunity from outside the club, our own fan base really don’t need to join them.

If the Rangers Manager looks at him during the run in and decides to offer him a contract, that will do for me, brilliant.

If the manager decides to move him on, he goes with my thanks for everything he has done for my club and I wish him the very, very best.

Constant sniping and showcasing stories from the Sun having a go at Allie on FF, nah, not for me.
Excellent post

What’s the script with the whole Everton top thing? Is there more to it or is it as simple as man wears football top?

Like it or not he should not be wearing the colours of another team, even if only in a kick about, more so with only months remaining on his contract. It is called showing a lack of respect to your current club and supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back