iPhone 8 looking good

Apple aren't daft. Make minimal changes every year, bump up the price and they'll have people queuing up to buy them

I'm still on a 6 and my contract isn't up until February. Wonder how much I'll pay up front and extra per month to jump from 6 to 8?

Due an upgrade now, just waiting for this one.
Me too.
Asked just yesterday in O2 and was told it's all wait and see and September 12 was the info date.
£1000 though, Mrs Tazzabear might just act out her hubby's moniker.
Wouldn't be the first time!

What, no home button and wireless charging? Yes iphone has really revolutionised the phone industry again with these new features.

When was the last time Apple really innovated? Ipad? Even Ipad mini was a response to the market for smaller tablets (and looks like they are going to drop it again)

Recently went SIM only with Vodafone so no chance of satisfying my tech needs this time.

Still, got the iPhone 7 Plus already and have Sky Sports now as part of the Vodafone deal so not too shabby.

I get my mobile from Apple and get a new phone each year as long as you renew your Subscription
the phone is unlocked so you can use any sim card it also comes with Apple care included

I did the same. Just wonder what the price will be for the same deal with the 8

I've got the 7 plus, and I really don't se anything there that makes me want to change right away
Also have the 7 plus and my EE deal is up next month although I just bought the 7 plus there. Be happy with a SIM only deal and will eventually by another phone direct from Apple.

Downgraded from the iPhone 7 to iPhone 5.

Classic phone - my favourite iPhone.

£22 p/m.
iPhone 5 is a 32bit iPhone apple doesn't support it anymore no more updates i.e. no IOS 11 64bit apps won't work if you had got a 5s you would be ok (for now)

Wouldn't be surprised to be honest. As decent as the Specs on the 8 are they're still not quite "flagship". Would have liked to have seen bigger screen and better Optics, as well as a camera button.

Still at £499 from Carphone Warehouse and including a free Nokia smart watch I'm prepared to take a punt on it fot now.
Camera should be decent Zeiss cameras are good. My Lumia 950xl still takes better pics than the new s8.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I updated from the 6 to the 7 about six months ago. Pretty much the same phone, so won't be rushing out to change. Doubt I'll ever change from apple though.

I get my mobile from Apple and get a new phone each year as long as you renew your Subscription
the phone is unlocked so you can use any sim card it also comes with Apple care included

How do you do this?

I've got an SE at the moment which I like for the size.

Considering the price of higher memory iPhone plus models, no chance will the new designed iphone be anywhere near £800. It'll either be £999 or up. Apple will be happy with this. Normal punters will have to settle for the standard models while the new one will be the must have, status symbol item favoured by celebrities. They did it with the Edition version of the watch. Only company with the clout to pull off such a ballsy move, just like the did with the headphone jack.

I'll be looking at the new version of the Plus. Always preferred Android but need an iPhone for work. Hoping they increase battery capacity and use the same tech Sony and Samsung are now using to expand the life of the battery.

Talking about battery, any Bears on here had their battery replaced by Apple? I know it can be done with the older models but not sure if it will compromise the water resistance of the 7 models.

I got the 7+ last year from o2. Two year contract but after the first year I've to hand the 7+ back and get a free upgrade to the 8 but with the rumoured 3 models being released for the 8 I'm not sure if I'll be limited to one.

Been due an upgrade a while waiting for this. The 6 needs charged at least twice a day. Dunno whether to blame Apple or FF

If that telegraph article is correct, then apple are merely catching up as opposed to raising the bar.

If the iPhone ever went dual SIM then I would consider buying. However, seems like there are no plans for this so I will be waiting for the Huawei Mate 10.

On the iPhone 7+ at the moment and it's a decent bit of kit. No doubt the 8 will be an upgrade but not enough to justify the expenditure that comes with it for me.

It really is like fashion in that you're paying through the arse for that wee apple logo more than anything

They never change enough or add enough new features to justify the big price hikes but as long as it's a shiny apple product people will throw their money at it to have the latest toy.

Been due an upgrade a while waiting for this. The 6 needs charged at least twice a day. Dunno whether to blame Apple or FF
This for me too

How will the wireless charging go if you need to charge it during the day. Can you charge as normal in the car

Was considering a new phone cos my 6's battery was shutting down at like 37%. Wee dude at an irepair shop changed the battery for £25 and it's sorted.

Unless there's a significant tech upgrade like a toaster or tea maker in it I'll stick to my sim only deal with Spotify included.

iPhones have been disappointing since the 4s. I've got a 6S and am due to upgrade, but won't be rushing to get the new one.

I've got a 6plus with 128gB of memory. Its the best phone I've ever had. Battery is brilliant compared to previous iphones I've had. Contract is due up shortly but I think I am gonnae keep the phone and get a sim only deal. Looks a nice bit of kit and maybe even worth the money. Certainly not worth the increase in function from what I currently have.
Got to agree with you on this - 6+ for me is spot on - no need to change...never had any issues with it.

wait til the Pixel 2 comes out. For the same price, or less even, youll get a far superior phone

I've an iPhone 6 so due an upgrade but I'm on SIM only. The prices quoted would make me think twice.

This will be the first year I have never upgraded my phone which is up in November . Can't justify paying £30-£50 a month for minimum changes . The current phone does everything I need. Anyway you don't see the phone as you cover it in a £10 case from Amazon

I need to get an iPhone with a decent sized screen for mobile testing shortly.

Is there much of a difference between the 6 plus and the 7?

I'm still on my Jailbroken 6s. No plan on upgrading anytime soon. The jailbreak allows me to use features that Apple hasn't even thought of yet.

I'm due an upgrade, really tempted by the galaxy s8, just waiting til next week to see what the new iPhone comes up with. I've not had an iPhone since the 3Gs

I asked on another thread - what is the launch of the 8 likely to do to the price of a 7?

For the last few years each time there's been a new model released they've dropped the price of the previous one by around £100, I think.

Its the going rate for a flagship phone now.

Do yourself a favour, leave it a few weeks after launch and NEVER buy direct from a carrier.

Get if from a third party and they will chop they monthly rate and take it out their commission. I got my s8+ from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk on vodaphone for free & £45 a month. Speaking to vodaphone direct, best they could do was £60 a month and £85 up front for the same tariff. I asked them to match it and they couldn't

I do this too, Iphone Upgrade Programme its called for anyone interested.

Pay £33 monthly and on your 11th payment you get a new phone and the cycle starts again.

My 11th payment is on the 13th of this month and the iphone is supposed to be instore on the 22nd so it works out well. Probably be a bit more than £33 for the 8 though.

This is the rumoured price list (who the feck needs 512GB on a phone!?)
64GB - $999
256GB - $1099
512GB - $1199

I've never had the urge to go down the Apple route. I'm kind of stuck on the Android bandwagon. Am I missing out?
My daughter and son use them but I don't see the massive attraction or difference based on a brief shot of them.

I have an iPhone 6 but the price of the 8 is getting way beyond what I will pay for a phone.

I'm not due my upgrade for a while yet so there will be loads of reviews for me to use to decide if that's the phone I want or not.

I am sticking with my 6s the cost for the 8 to buy out right is horrible

£12 a month sim only loyal

I've still got my Xperia Z5 that I've had since Jan 2016. Vodafone repriced their contracts a year ago and I went sim only and I'm now out of that too.

Today's flagships arent a big enough step to justify the crazy prices they are charging. In fact some networks are profiteering off handsets - its cheaper to buy on interest free credit and get sim only! Gone are the days of subsidised handsets...

I've never had the urge to go down the Apple route. I'm kind of stuck on the Android bandwagon. Am I missing out?
My daughter and son use them but I don't see the massive attraction or difference based on a brief shot of them.

I've dabbled between Android and ios. The most commonly talked about advantages of iPhones seems to be apple exclusive apps such as imessage and facetime. Quality of apps on the app store is meant to be better than the Google Play store but i've never noticed a big difference. I hate the way the iPhone organises pictures as i like to have separate folders. Whats the point in making dedicated folders on the iPhone when they all just show up in the camera roll folder?

Whats moving me towards Apple is that they support their phones with software and security updates for far longer. With even the Google owned Pixels and Nexus only being guaranteed 2 years of updates, iPhones seem far more appealing if you're planning on holding onto your phone for more than 2 years (unless you're into rooting and such).

I do fancy this one, been on Android for ever so it will be my first iPhone.
Will want to see it in person before I make a decision.
If not then the Samsung Note 8 for me

Back