Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV - Hibs cleared by SFA

The whole point is he didn’t make that comment about Borna or any other white player. He chose his words carefully and deliberately. He is a writer. The use of language and phrase is his area of expertise, he makes a very good living out of it.

This wasn’t someone of limited vocabulary or someone with a lack of understanding.
Because Morelos was the player who stamped on Porteous, that's what they were talking about.

Irvine Welsh a writer who wrote what he was surrounded by, Police corruption and drug addiction. Stories like that just don't fare too well, when wrote from a £1m flat

How can that be a joke? It is based on a racist slur. That isn’t funny. To then ad a sectarian slur is unacceptable. He didn’t make such comments about white people. It is clear there is a racial element to that comment.

thus is the U.K. d if shit that needs to be taken seriously if we are to rid ourselves of this baggage. Imagine someone on RTV making that comments?

Imagine the reaction. But apart from anything else it is racist. Has to be stopped.
Not everything is about racism FFS.

Mate, I know your view is it was racist and I’m really not trying to be obtuse. I just unclear why the machete comment is implicitly racist.

He could have made the same remark about Borna and nobody would bat an eyelid.

Am I missing an obvious connotation between machetes and black people?
You really need it spelled out?
He would not have made the comment about Borna. I'm not sure what your point is in defending Welsh over this but I get it - you don't think he was being racist. Fine, you're entitled to think that.
I do.

That will teach them.....

Hibs warned by Scottish FA over Irvine Welsh ‘machete’ comment. https://t.co/ozsBL9DyTy
It’s outrageous they haven’t been punished. The club have to be responsible for the guests on their official channel.

I notice STV whitewash the “sticky bun” comment as football banter. H** is not a derogatory term for Rangers fans, but a derogatory term for PROTESTANTS.

Beyond that the comments about Alfredo are shocking on numerous levels. To envision that fate for any fellow human being is sickening, not to mention verbalizing it in front of children. There are also racial overtones in his choice of the word “machete”

I’m also surprised the PF didn’t get involved here

The comment was insulting,inappropriate,offensive and in very bad taste,Welsh should have been hammered by the police and smsm.Hivs while not responsible for what came out of this well known scumbags mouth invited him onto their TV coverage so should apologize to Morelos and to Rangers.
What he said might not on the face of it be considered racist or bigoted but in this day and age it was completely unacceptable.

Why doesn't celebrity Hibs fan Irvine Welsh unleash his venom on Celtic ? After all it was that "charitable club" that poached Hibs players, stole their identity and helped put them out of business.

The whole point is he didn’t make that comment about Borna or any other white player. He chose his words carefully and deliberately. He is a writer. The use of language and phrase is his area of expertise, he makes a very good living out of it.

This wasn’t someone of limited vocabulary or someone with a lack of understanding.
Ok but nothing indicates racism here.

To say it's racist because ....feelings ... is just to play into the hands of our enemies, especially when a clear reference was made to 'hun'.

Yo
You really need it spelled out?
He would not have made the comment about Borna. I'm not sure what your point is in defending Welsh over this but I get it - you don't think he was being racist. Fine, you're entitled to think that.
I do.
You have no idea whether he would've made that comment about Borna or not.

Engaging in counterfactual reasoning like that doesn't make a good case for racism.

What if I 'felt' that black cars are racist? Would that be a basis for an accusation of racism?

The comment was insulting,inappropriate,offensive and in very bad taste,Welsh should have been hammered by the police and smsm.Hivs while not responsible for what came out of this well known scumbags mouth invited him onto their TV coverage so should apologize to Morelos and to Rangers.
What he said might not on the face of it be considered racist or bigoted but in this day and age it was completely unacceptable.
Someone I know has been advised that Hibs have indeed apologised to Rangers and Alfredo, and that both have accepted the apology and consider the matter closed.
However there is no information regarding any contrition shown by Irvine Welsh. His behaviour os almost certainly illegal under racist and/or hate crimes. It is incredible that PS have not taken him to task over his language.

Baldy wee cardboard casual playing to the gallery and trying to stop himself slipping into obscurity

Utter cretin

I said this in a previous Welsh thread and I'll say it again. Any Rangers fan who comes across him should batter the absolute s***e out of him. It's highly unlikely I'll ever meet him but if I do he'll suffer.

This has nothing to do with the Hibs match but the vile c**t thinking it great to form and play in a band called Stairway 13.

Back